GUILTY SC - Jaylen Jackson, 3, shot to death, Lancaster County, 3 May 2010

Riddinx

Former Member
Reaction score
3-year-old girl shot and killed in Lancaster Co.
Posted: May 04, 2010 2:42 PM
Updated: May 04, 2010 11:14 PM

12422674_BG5.JPG

Jaylen Jackson

LANCASTER COUNTY, SC (WBTV) - Sheriff's deputies in Lancaster County are investigating a deadly shooting involving a 3-year-old girl which happened Monday night.

According to Major David Belk, Jaylen Jackson was shot and killed around 9:40 p.m.

The shooting happened at a home on Athena Road which is located south of the town of Lancaster.

Jackson was airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte where she died according to Lancaster County coroner Mike Morris.

snipped

If you have any information about the shooting, call the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office at 803- 283-4136.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12422674

Why would a mother let her BF take her three year old with him to "settle" an issue with someone? Are we sure the BF didn't shoot this child?

Oh SuziQ - I just have no answer for you that I can type out here. But it sure makes me sad :(

Salem

This is so very sad :( another case where a mother let's her boyfriend take a child and has no idea where her child is or if she DID know, well...that's worse. RIP babygirl!

sigh. RIP little one.

Why would a mother let her BF take her three year old with him to "settle" an issue with someone? Are we sure the BF didn't shoot this child?

BBM-according to the article, police are refusing to state if he is a POI. She was shot in the back of the head. As everyone has pointed out, why was she with him at all????? Sounds like she was a hostage from the very beginning.

I have to add how incredibly beautiful she was and what a terrible waste of a life...

Again, mother does NOT blame her boyfriend...............unbelieveable!
He put her child in harm's way and that is ok???????
What is with these mother's????

From November 2011:

http://www.thelancasternews.com/content/stevens-found-not-guilty-death

The family of 3-year-old Jaylen Jackson held each other and sobbed as a verdict was read Thursday afternoon in the murder trial of Marico Lamont Stevens, who was found not guilty of murder and two related charges...

Barfield said the case of Jaylen Jackson’s death has now been resolved. “We had one defendant tried and convicted and had one defendant tried and acquitted and that’s all there is for this case”...

Kinard then sentenced [Anthony] Carter to 32 years on the murder charge... Lifsey said his client will be required to serve the entirety of the sentence, with no hope for parole...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back