1292 users online (249 members and 1043 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

PA - Cops Want Feds Involved In Shooting Of Infant

Khalil Gilmore shot an infant. The 20 year old Philadelphia man was shooting at someone when an infant "got in the way" and was wounded.

City police are asking for the Feds to get involved to send a message. That'll work.

The baby is in fair condition for being shot at the age of six months. Cops found Gilmore later wounded in retaliation for shooting the infant? Shooting the intended target?

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news...y-shooter.html

sigh.

Hand-basket to he77? We're in it.

Sounds like gang related garbage. I hope the baby recovers without any lasting effects. As far as the feds getting involved, good luck. Some parts of this country are overrun with gangs and their violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308 View Post
    Some parts of this country are overrun with gangs and their violence.
    That would include here.

The baby who was shot is still in critical condition. Doctor's are opptomistic though since she has hung on for so long.

Sitting on your step on a beautiful day with your infant in your arms and the poor baby gets shot.

Anytime I hear about somebody in Philly getting hit like an elderly person or a baby it makes me sing that Stevie Ray Vaughn song in my head "Caught in the crossfire".

Prayers for this lil one that she may recover soon.

Filly, I feel so bad for you. Between the library rape, the cigarette murder and this case, I just can't help but wonder........can you move? The crime rate in your city is obviously very disturbing to you (and me!). My God; I can't imagine a baby being shot for no reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308 View Post
    Sounds like gang related garbage. I hope the baby recovers without any lasting effects. As far as the feds getting involved, good luck. Some parts of this country are overrun with gangs and their violence.
    I agree. Men and their guns -- well aren't they tough! Makes me sick!

Moo

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Sheromom View Post
    Filly, I feel so bad for you. Between the library rape, the cigarette murder and this case, I just can't help but wonder........can you move? The crime rate in your city is obviously very disturbing to you (and me!). My God; I can't imagine a baby being shot for no reason!

Ahhh, you are so sweet. Thank you Sheromom.

Actually the things I post about my city aren't a quarter of the crime that goes on. I'd LOVE to move, but where am I going? LOL I'd love to go to Germany. I don't think they want us though.

Alas, I am a sixth generation Philadelphian. My mom keeps bugging me for us to move to Las Vegas. She actually doesn't think there's any crime there. Well, sans her if she spent too much loot on those slots.

Thank you again for your kindness.

Hey Filly - I live about 40 minutes outside Baltimore, not too far from you. We have a decent crime rate in our little town of Aberdeen. We are going to be expanding a lot in the BRAC base realignment, so there should be plenty of jobs soon. Come on down! (or is that up? No sense of direction whatsoever!)

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    Hey Filly - I live about 40 minutes outside Baltimore, not too far from you. We have a decent crime rate in our little town of Aberdeen. We are going to be expanding a lot in the BRAC base realignment, so there should be plenty of jobs soon. Come on down! (or is that up? No sense of direction whatsoever!)
    How nice. I just popped back on here and find such human kindness.

B, I'm afraid of the "Proving Grounds". LOL I really am. Are you near there?

O.K. I go by Amtrak direction. I think you're down because when I go to Virginia I pass B-More. Yes, you'd be South.

Thank you so kindly. It'd be cooll if we could sleuth on the streets though, right? You run all the records and I'll Nancy Drew 'em on the streets.

We're getting the/them casinaaaaaa's so job prospects should be great. It's just I'd have to duck on my way in. LOL Plus at this point all they put in were pile drivings. We're slow here.

I'm going to look in today's paper to see if they mention how the baby doll is that was shot.

Thank you all again for your thoughtful, kind words. I owe youse a cheese steak and a Tastykake, and some Peanut Chews.

I am 2 miles from the Proving Grounds. Other than bombs blowing up and shaking the house (it's really not as bad as it sounds), we haven't had any trouble. I won't say I never think about it, but I don't worry about it a lot. We have lived here for 20 years and have never been evacuated or had any sort of dire warnings. I think they have it pretty well under control. A cheesesteak sounds yummy!
    Last edited by Belinda; 05-08-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    sigh.

Hand-basket to he77? We're in it.
    JMO, IMOO, JMHO

"Caylee's either coming home, or she's already gone home." (Richard Grund)