727 users online (71 members and 656 guests)  

Websleuths News

Where do you think the investigation stands?

Do you think they are spending time investigating? What are they doing? Are they wasting their time? Do you think they have more to go on than they did during the initial investigation?

Maybe someone can educate us on what kind of resources they are using in this case.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Despite the noise the new DA made, I do not feel they are devoting any time or money to this case at all. When the new DA took over, he claimed to be taking a fresh look at this case, and not to rule out any previous suspects, which seemed to be a jab at Lacy's "exoneration" of the Rs.
    Yet- even with the new "Touch DNA" technology (which wasn't used in 1996) it yielded no known suspect.
    This murder was NOT a serial killer or pedophile (which tend to be repeat killers) but, whether RDI or IDI, someone who would not have gone on to kill anyone else. If RDI, well, you know what that entails. If IDI, then JB was specifically targeted, either for herself or to get back at JR, as claimed in the note.
    Neither was it a random break-in or crime of opportunity (because I can think of lots better opportunities than when the parents are present in the house at the time you are assaulting, bludgeoning and strangling their daughter, then staging the crime scene. Add in feeding your victim pineapple and writing a 3-page note to boot. Sounds like more of an "opportunity" to get caught than anything else.
    That being said, I really, truly feel Boulder does NOT want this case in the news again, and has no interest in seeing where the evidence leads because they already have gone that route. The Rs defense team is still a formidable presence there, and political alliances still take precedence over justice, especially when money is a factor. Add that to Patsy no longer being there to prosecute, and that pretty much puts paid to it.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

They probably wait for a DNA match and nothing more imo.They don't have much to work with and we have to thank LE and Meyer for it who probably didn't learn that the first 48 hours are crucial in a murder investigation.
    The rice is already cooked...

Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    Do you think they are spending time investigating? What are they doing? Are they wasting their time? Do you think they have more to go on than they did during the initial investigation?
    The fact is, it's probably the same as it's been ever since 2003: very little time or money being spent on it. In my opinion, JMK and the touch DNA were just window-dressing to make it look like something was being done.

If IDI, then a DNA match is about all they have to go on, and that means waiting for someone to get caught and match up. Odin knows how long that will take, with the clear understanding that it most likely will not happen, especially since the killer has never struck again.

If RDI, then it's a dead end, literally. As several experts said as recently as 2007, the case ended with PR's death.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

"An Ohio man who spent almost 30 years in prison is being released after new DNA tests showed he didn't rape an 11-year-old girl.

Raymond Towler had been serving a life sentence for the rape of a girl in a Cleveland park in 1981.

Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Judge Eileen Gallagher choked back tears as she vacated the conviction on Wednesday and left the bench to shake Towler's hand at the defence table.

Prosecutors had asked the court to act immediately after receiving the test results on Monday.
    The Ohio Innocence Project, an organisation that uses DNA evidence to clear people wrongfully convicted of crimes, says Towler has served the second-longest amount of time among prisoners in the US who were eventually exonerated by DNA."

This murder was NOT a serial killer or pedophile (which tend to be repeat killers) but, whether RDI or IDI, someone who would not have gone on to kill anyone else.
    If IDI, then a DNA match is about all they have to go on, and that means waiting for someone to get caught and match up. Odin knows how long that will take, with the clear understanding that it most likely will not happen, especially since the killer has never struck again.
    Thirty years is a long time to wait to be exonerated. Of course what this means is that there's someone who is guilty who hasn't been caught. I don't think we can assume it'll never be solved or that the person has never/will never kill again.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    I hope the killer will be caught (or found), too. But I am not optimistic. Partly because I think Patsy is a part of the events of that night, and partly because I think this case was SO mishandled from the beginning that ONLY linking a NAME to this case will solve it. And by linking I don't mean simply accusing. I mean PROVING.

I say that Patsy is a part of the events of that night instead of saying she is the killer because I am not 100% sure she is. She MAY have done it (with a rage-provoked head bash) or she may be covering for another family member. I am not PDI. I am RDI. Just can't zero in on who actually committed the fatal act.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    "An Ohio man who spent almost 30 years in prison is being released after new DNA tests showed he didn't rape an 11-year-old girl.

Raymond Towler had been serving a life sentence for the rape of a girl in a Cleveland park in 1981.

Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Judge Eileen Gallagher choked back tears as she vacated the conviction on Wednesday and left the bench to shake Towler's hand at the defence table.

Prosecutors had asked the court to act immediately after receiving the test results on Monday.
    The Ohio Innocence Project, an organisation that uses DNA evidence to clear people wrongfully convicted of crimes, says Towler has served the second-longest amount of time among prisoners in the US who were eventually exonerated by DNA."

Thirty years is a long time to wait to be exonerated. Of course what this means is that there's someone who is guilty who hasn't been caught. I don't think we can assume it'll never be solved or that the person has never/will never kill again.
    I'm not assuming anything. Anything is possible. I'm just being realistic.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.