Al Quaeda Set to Strike in the U.S.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

A Pakistani Taliban spokesman said Wednesday his group has no link to Shahzad, but he warned that its fighters have been sent to the United States and the "results" of that decision will soon be evident.

I guess we'll see how good our intelligence networks are now.

One thing for sure, it won't stop me from living my life. That is their intention.

Blah---blah---blah blah blah. Same song second verse. I refuse to live my life in fear.

Violence of any type and even threats of extreme violence can irrevocably alter lives forever. Threats of violence can irrevocably alter children's perception of their world (before it is time for them to understand such things) as a safe place. Agree, Life does not necessarily come to a halt, nor should fear swallow and consume one whole, but most NYers have a renewed heightened sense of alertness and awareness due to the most recent event.

Violence of any type and even threats of extreme violence can irrevocably alter lives forever. Threats of violence can irrevocably alter children's perception of their world (before it is time for them to understand such things) as a safe place. Agree, Life does not necessarily come to a halt, nor should fear swallow and consume one whole, but most NYers have a renewed heightened sense of alertness and awareness due to the most recent event.

I'm not in NYC ...I live in NJ and 9/11 extremely effected me in ways I can't even describe. I won't live my life in fear...BUT I will live it totally alert of my surroundings and aware of everything and everyone around me. Hypervigilant...yep, that's me.

Every single time an airplane goes overhead...I hear it and am aware of it. That sound never disappeared into the background like a clock ticking for me. I still hold my breath until it passes.

I agree epiphany that lives are changes once they experience terrorism directly and indirectly. We do need to always remain alert, attentive to our surroundings and teach our children to do the same. That is how we will survive these threats. Not by succumbing to fear but by keeping our eyes wide open. Vigilent and aware.

I'm just curious to see if we can foil it before it happens.

I am poised to narc on ANYONE that I deem suspicious. Take THAT Al-Qaida.

It's not racial profiling, it's terrorist illuminating.

Link

11:45 PM ET

New York bridge shut down after driver abandons U-Haul

New York police have closed the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge on both sides after a Manhattan-bound U-Haul truck was abandoned about 1,000 feet from a toll booth.

NYPD Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne said the bomb squad has been dispatched to the site of the bridge, formerly known as the Triborough Bridge.

The truck, with Arizona license plates, was headed into Manhattan from the Bronx when the driver ran from the truck, witnesses said.

When a toll booth operator approached the truck, he smelled a strong odor of gasoline, police said.

The truck was not a threat;

New York (CNN) -- Authorities have determined that a moving truck abandoned on the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge, formerly known as Triborough Bridge, did not pose a threat.

Police closed off the bridge for about two hours in both directions after being made aware of the incident around 10 p.m. Wednesday.

The department's bomb squad was called to the scene after a toll booth operator who approached the U-Haul truck smelled a strong odor of gasoline, said Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne.

Police X-rayed the truck, then examined it thoroughly -- including cutting a hole in the side of the truck to see whether it had an explosive device.

"There's no explosive devices of any kind on any part of the vehicle," he said.

Police will now move the truck to reopen the bridge to traffic.

I'm just curious to see if we can foil it before it happens.

I'm sure we are doing are best, but there are never any guarantees. If someone really wants to hurt you, they can find a way.

The world is full of danger and uncertainty and always has been - even before terrorists tried to harness danger and uncertainty as a weapon.

Bullies have been around since the beginning of time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back