1469 users online (250 members and 1219 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Vanessa Rincon for near-fatal stabbing of 3yo son, Fresno, 4 May 2010

Fresno mom stabs toddler son up to 20 times
    Posted: 05/05/2010 07:52:45 AM PDT
    Updated: 05/05/2010 07:52:46 AM PDT

FRESNO Police say a Fresno mother plunged a knife into her 3-year-old son up to 20 times, then pushed him down apartment complex stairs.

Police Chief Jerry Dyer said Tuesday that the woman then yelled hysterically at paramedics to leave the toddler alone.

snip

The police chief says the woman was arrested and will likely be booked for investigation of attempted murder. Police didn't release her name, but the woman's sister identified her as 30-year-old Vanessa Rincon, and she said the wounded boy, Noah Rincon, turned 3 on April 13.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15022208

Boy, 3, still critical after stabbing by mom
    Posted at 09:05 AM on Wednesday, May. 05, 2010

"There are stab wounds all over this child's body," he said.

The boy was reported in critical condition Tuesday at Community Regional Medical Center.

The woman told officers she stabbed her son, but police do not know why she did it, Dyer said.

A 2-month-old girl was found unharmed in the woman's apartment on the 3600 block of Pleasant Avenue.

snip

Dyer said police got the first of three calls at 3:49 p.m. A neighbor said he saw the boy outside the apartment with four stab wounds yell "Mommy."
    A witness told police the mother pushed the boy down the staircase, Dyer said. Paramedics found the boy on a landing halfway down a staircase from a second-floor apartment. The woman screamed at paramedics, telling them not to revive the child, Dyer said. She had to be restrained by police officers.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/05/05/...#ixzz0n5ZPwpDZ

oh for the love of god

how is the baby even alive?

I can't get over it that she screamed at the EMS people not to revive him.

Praying for little Noah.

I'm local. The woman also had a little girl (younger) that was taken by CPS. The woman's sister said she was a single mom raising two kids.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomom View Post
    I'm local. The woman also had a little girl (younger) that was taken by CPS. The woman's sister said she was a single mom raising two kids.
    i'm single mom raising two kids for past 8yrs....omg, i couldn't even imagine....what's wrong with people

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

assuming she doesnt get off on insanity, her lawyer is gonna have a hard sell for lienency when the judge/jury hears that she told emts not to revive him.

Quote Originally Posted by tk71texas View Post
    i'm single mom raising two kids for past 8yrs....omg, i couldn't even imagine....what's wrong with people
    ITA!!!!!! I raised 4 by myself for awhile. The reason that statement stuck out to me (on the tv interview from last night) was because the sister wasn't crying, and IMO put it out there like it was some sort of a reasonible and valid response for what happened!
    Last edited by zoomom; 05-05-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: add

im betting that boy was tortured for a long time.

She needs to be stabbed 20 times and thrown down a flight of stairs and NOT REVIVED!!

I'm praying for this little boy - may he be okay and placed with someone that will take care of him and love him forever.

Praying for little Noah. My heart is aching for what he endured.
    Happy New Years

I hope this poor baby survives this and spends the rest of his life being loved.

I wonder why it says a witness saw him with 4 wounds and he said mommy. Didn't this person jump in to stop her or they just didn't see all the wounds? If you see something like that you should jump in and fight for the child.

Wonder what her background is? Is she bi-polar, phsyzophrenic. Sometimes those voices tell you to do terrible things - insanity. No "normal" mother would do such a thing. Drugs/alcohol?

None of these are an excuse - but would help me understand the brain better. I really want to know why people commit such acts -- there has to be an answer.

Bless little Noah....my prayers are with him.

Mel

Our local news will be on in 20 minutes - I'll see if there is anything new.

As far as why didn't the "witness lady" jump in and do anything - I listened back on the RR archives for yesterday and this is what I've heard so far -

Transmission : "About that call where the child fell down the stairs... he's concious and breathing"

Transmission : "We're going to need a spanish speaker out here"...

JMO - I think the witness lady just thought he fell down the stairs and got bloody from that - or there was a language barrier with the cops that were the first to arrive....I'm not sure if anybody actually witnessed what happened. I'll keep listening....
    Last edited by zoomom; 05-05-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: sp

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast