TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Previous threads:

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14

Watch live here:Or here:
http://www.wate.com/global/Category.asp?c=173163

(These are unedited video feeds of the trial, likely to contain graphic testimony, images, and descriptions of a violent crime. Please be advised.)
Full Coverage and Background info:Videos:
Twitter links:
Jamie Satterfield - Knoxville News Sentinel:
http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

WBIR:
http://twitter.com/wbirymartinez

WATE:
http://twitter.com/gpatterson12
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Names for reference:
Victims:
Chris Newsom
Channon Christian

Judge:
Richard Baumgartner

Attorneys for Prosecution:
Takisha Fitzgerald, AKA "TK"
Leland Price

Defense attorneys:
Thomas Dillard
Stephen Johnson

Parents:
Hugh and Mary Newsom
Gary and Deena Christian

Vanessa Coleman's Christian-Newsom murder trial, Day 3
A star witness witness for the state admits under cross examination she is a liar. And some, including Vanessa Coleman's parents question why Daphne Sutton isn't also on trial in this case.

More at link:​

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/92854729.html

I only heard about this case about a week ago and have been trying to catch up. I doubt I ever will at this stage as this is the last of those animals to face trial. I am trying to read all the transcripts, watch the interviews and of course read the court docs.

I watched yesterdays trial and have to admit it was fascinating although it broke my heart when I saw the parents. Those girls that testified, Blue, Daphne and the other one (can't remember her name) I found them no nonsense and credible but I guess this is the fourth time they have done this.

This is one of the worst cases I've seen and I'm surprised it did not get more national media attention.

Special thank you to SuziQ for all the case links.

Darnudes this case is a blood boiler. When I first learned of this case, I was shocked. It is just unbelievable that human beings can be this barbaric. Can't say I agree with Daphne being nonsense.

Darnudes this case is a blood boiler. When I first learned of this case, I was shocked. It is just unbelievable that human beings can be this barbaric. Can't say I agree with Daphne being nonsense.

I just finished listening to Vanessa's police interview and this is one cold lady. Not once in the whole interview does this break down, she keeps that same one level emotionless tone ofvoice during the whole interview.

She reminded me of Casey a few times with her choice of phrase in the parts where I thought she was lying, which was most of it.

The reason this girl will never tell the truth is that she can't - if the world knew what she really did in that house she knows she would get the death penalty for sure.

I don't know enough about Daphne - do people here think she knew more than she let on?

Good morning everyone! Will the ME take the stand today? Will the state finally connect the dots to Coleman?

Morning! How long until the trial starts today SuziQ? I'm out of the US and the time zones confuse me.

Darnudes, thank you for joining us. Coleman is so cold blooded. I have noticed no real reaction from her during this trial. She is definitely missing something.

I think Daphne knew Davidson was a cheating robbing . But I don't think she ever imagined he would torture and kill anyone, let alone wear a dead mans shoes.

Darnudes, thank you for joining us. Coleman is so cold blooded. I have noticed no real reaction from her during this trial. She is definitely missing something.

I think Daphne knew Davidson was a cheating robbing . But I don't think she ever imagined he would torture and kill anyone, let alone wear a dead mans shoes.

Thanks for having me, I know I am coming into it very late and it's been hard to try and get up to speed. I had seen blogs about this case ages ago but had never really read them until last week and I was so shocked by the brutality of the crime, lack of media attention, behaviour of the accused and now mostly adjudged guilty (thankfully) - and this being the last case I can't imagine how relieved the parents will be for this to be over.

Daphne didn't seem to know what was going on and did seem very credible, but I guess some of the defense attorneys tried to cast her in a bad light when she couldn't be ruled out of some of the DNA testing. Would that be right?

Mary and Hugh have arrived.

Vanessa's parents are there. Judge coming in. Gary and Deena not there yet?

Next witness, Nevil Norman, retired Knox county sheriffs dept. , Detective Homicide.

He went to Kentucky to aprehend suspects. They flew up in Helecopters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital