GUILTY FL - Lisney Oliveira, 26, killed by sucker punch, Miami, 3 May 2010

Riddinx

Former Member
Reaction score
Boca Raton Man Dies After Being Punched In Head
POSTED: 11:01 pm EDT May 4, 2010
UPDATED: 4:42 pm EDT May 5, 2010

23459319_400X300.jpg

Miami police released this surveillance image of a man seen walking away from the area shortly after the incident.

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Police said a 26-year-old Boca Raton man who was punched in his head near a Miami club by another man who asked him for a cigarette has died.

Miami police said Lisney Oliveira and a friend were walking toward a club about 5:30 a.m. Monday when a man approached them and asked for a cigarette.

The victim's friend said they did not have any cigarettes and continued walking. Police said the man then walked behind Oliveira and punched him in the head. Oliveira fell to the ground and struck his head on the sidewalk.

Read more here

http://www.wpbf.com/news/23456015/detail.html#

This is terrible, over a lousy cigarette? I hope they catch the guy. He's probably going to have a lot of trouble getting smokes in the pen... If you can't afford them on the outside, unlikely one can afford them on the inside.

What a shame and a waste of life. Very very sad. My prayers go to the family and friends of the victim.

We had a very similar case here in Baltimore. A woman was killed because she refused someone a cigarette. I smoke and I have been asked for cigarettes by strangers many times. I just give them one. Then I walk away rather quickly. I'm not going to get hurt over a cigarette. They can have the whole darn pack, if it comes down to that!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm ready to have an RFID chip in my driver's license after this one. This guy has to be caught. He probably didn't know he was this dangerous, but in prison, he'll find out about the worst, and he is one of them.

The victim appears to have been pretty young also? Maybe 25ish.

So sad!

Salem

Yikes. This has to be the most ridiculous reason I have ever seen for someone to lose their life. If this perp will respond with violence because of being denied something as trivial as a damn cigarette I hope and pray with all my might this creature never has access to children. Can you imagine? A cigarette?!!

Rule #1 don't walk around with your ciggie pack showing.

Rule#2 Ignore the person if they ask you while you have your own smoke in your hand.

Rule#3 Don't say "Go get a job"

I smoke as well and if I gave a ciggie to every grubber that asks me I would be out an entire pack.

If I ignore them and they keep following me I eventually may wind up saying "I had to bum this one myself".

In certain situations I'll gladly give somebody one because I know how it feels being stuck. An example is being in a designated smoking area in a big venue. If a person comes up and says "Lady do you have another ciggie you can spare? I quit and don't want my husband/sister/mom/kid to know" then I give without hesitation.

This is a true tradgedy. Dead because some *advertiser censored*s wanted a smoke. Don't they still sell "loosies"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back