1090 users online (145 members and 945 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Girl Raped Again by 'Rescuer'; Rapist's 70yo Mom Supports him!

Okay. Here's the story in a nutshell:

15 year old girl is being repeatedly raped and sexually assaulted in her home. Along comes a guy named Stoltzfus, who 'rescues' her by taking her into his home... where he proceeds to repeatedly rape and sexually assault her... and threatens to send her back to her previous life of hell if she doesn't comply with his demands.

The girl goes to the police, and Stoltzfus is arrested. Stoltzfus and his 70 year old mother are repeatedly told to stay away from the girl. Stoltzfus' 70 yo mother goes to the girl's workplace and harrasses her, trying to get her not to testify against rapist Stoltzfus. 70 year old mom is arrested.

This week, on Monday, Stoltzfus is in court on trial, and there's the 70 year old mom, free on bail, with more than a dozen people to support him!

In return for a promised sentence of 5 to 15 years in prison, Stoltzfus pleaded guilty Monday in Lancaster County Court to a long list of charges stemming from the series of sexual assaults.

You can't make this stuff up. Disgusting.

Narvon man guilty of raping and threatening girl faces 5-15 years
    http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/253647
    May 05, 2010 21:37 EST

"There's one hero in this case," Wright said, referring to the teenager.
    "She had the courage to stand up and say, 'I have been wronged,' despite the pressure she was under," Wright said.

http://http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/253647

I'm glad this young lady felt she could tell someone. I would think that after what happened to her in both homes that it would be very difficult to trust anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    "There's one hero in this case," Wright said, referring to the teenager.
    "She had the courage to stand up and say, 'I have been wronged,' despite the pressure she was under," Wright said.

http://http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/253647

I'm glad this young lady felt she could tell someone. I would think that after what happened to her in both homes that it would be very difficult to trust anyone.
    I hope her life gets much, much happier from now on, and that she can heal.

This one really got to me. To survive all the abuse the first time and then to immediately be victimized again is horrifying. My heart just aches for what this poor girl has gone through. I am absolutely enraged by the 5-15 year sentence. Where is the justice for this girl? If they give him the lower 5 year sentence, he could potentially be on the streets in 2 1/2. What protections are they going to provide the victim so that he doesn't come after her again? Clearly, based on the mother's actions, they have no trouble contacting and harrassing her. This is a crying shame.

I hope she gets the professional help she needs, and soon. It can mean the difference between a suicidal druggie and someone who holds her head high and has the best BS meter on the planet.

What about investigating and arresting all of those involved in the initial rapes at her home...:<

Wow. I am heartsick that this abuse was inflicted upon her not by one sicko but two. What a brave young lady. Even after seeking help and finding out that the "help" was yet another monster, this young lady still had the courage to keep seeking help til she got it. Kudos to her.

I wish her all the help she deserves, psychologically, physically, and finacially. This girl is a Survivor with a capital S. I have great hopes for her future, her life will be what she makes of it and I wish her nothing but goodness from here on out.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
    I hope she gets the professional help she needs, and soon. It can mean the difference between a suicidal druggie and someone who holds her head high and has the best BS meter on the planet.
    not everyone who gets therapy turns out all right.

nor does everyone who doesnt turn into 'a suicidial druggie'.

some of it depends on the person.

This is a shocking story...but at least this girl has found some kind of justice and her abuse has ended...just how many other cases like this continue..but no one tells?God bless this child for her courage and strength to help her heal from the events so far in her life and hopefully the rest of her life will be better!
    Missing Children Statistics

“…A child goes missing every 40 seconds in the U.S, over 2,100 per day

In excess of 800,000 children are reported missing each year

Another 500,000 go missing without ever being reported…”

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post

There are no absolutes. I understand that.

But I also understand that without a chance to learn to make better choices than those who have hurt her made, and to learn to heal, because I don't think she can do much healing past making thick scar tissues on her own, her chances go way down.

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post

So true. All of it depends on the person. But surely a young woman who has been assaulted for much of her life needs a safe place to process the inevitable feelings that come with all of that.
    Last edited by southcitymom; 05-06-2010 at 12:47 PM.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Okay. Here's the story in a nutshell:

15 year old girl is being repeatedly raped and sexually assaulted in her home. Along comes a guy named Stoltzfus, who 'rescues' her by taking her into his home... where he proceeds to repeatedly rape and sexually assault her... and threatens to send her back to her previous life of hell if she doesn't comply with his demands.

The girl goes to the police, and Stoltzfus is arrested. Stoltzfus and his 70 year old mother are repeatedly told to stay away from the girl. Stoltzfus' 70 yo mother goes to the girl's workplace and harrasses her, trying to get her not to testify against rapist Stoltzfus. 70 year old mom is arrested.

This week, on Monday, Stoltzfus is in court on trial, and there's the 70 year old mom, free on bail, with more than a dozen people to support him!

In return for a promised sentence of 5 to 15 years in prison, Stoltzfus pleaded guilty Monday in Lancaster County Court to a long list of charges stemming from the series of sexual assaults.

You can't make this stuff up. Disgusting.

Narvon man guilty of raping and threatening girl faces 5-15 years
    http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/253647
    May 05, 2010 21:37 EST

I realize Stoltzfus is a very common name in that particular area, I can't help but wondering if he is realated to the amazingly successful Amish Stoltzfus's that own a huge Farmers Market nearby where I live in NJ as well as Lancaster? I think they also own a sucessful meat company and construction companys
    Last edited by Linda7NJ; 05-06-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Noexcuse View Post
    What about investigating and arresting all of those involved in the initial rapes at her home...:<
    Yes, there is another person/people needing some investigation too! So sad, so many untold years of living this way. I'm so relieved she got out and stood up for herself.