Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 2 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Risko said Venus Stewart’s estranged husband Douglas H. Stewart, of Newport News, VA, remains the sole “person of interest in the case.”

According to Risko, Douglas Stewart’s alibi that he was in Virginia at the time of the abduction “checks out so far.”

Risko said Douglas Stewart has retained an attorney and is “not cooperating” with investigators at this time.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/michigan_state_police_want_to.html

published 45 minutes ago

Person of interest sought in missing Colon woman case
Updated:5/7/2010 11:17:41 AM - Posted: 5/7/2010 9:59:01 AM

genthumb.ashx

The Michigan State Police Post in White Pigeon, Michigan is looking for information about a person of interest in the case of a missing Colon Twp. woman.

snip

The person police are looking for is a white male in his late 20's to early 30's, approximately 5'5" to 5'8" tall, and approximately 150 to 160 pounds. He was last seen in the area of Adams Lake in northeast St. Joseph County, about one mile east of the site from where Venus Stewart was last seen. Witnesses tell police that the man had been acting suspiciously prior to Stewart's disappearance.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/most_popular_story.aspx?storyid=121322&provider=top

Police do not consider the man a suspect or a “person of interest” in the investigation at this time, but detectives “would like to speak to him,” said Lt. Mike Risko, commander of the Michigan State Police White Pigeon Post.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/michigan_state_police_want_to.html

Can't the media get it straight as to whether or not this guy is a person of interest??? sheesh :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ETA:

Risko said Venus Stewart’s estranged husband Douglas H. Stewart, of Newport News, VA, remains the sole “person of interest in the case.”

Risko is LE, and this article was published this morning (May 07, 2010, 7:37AM) so in my opinion, this is the correct info - Douglas Stewart is the sole POI. The other guy is not a POI, but just someone LE wants to talk to.

I don't know what else to do about this until hopefully later today, LE will say more and clarify.

sheesh what a mess!

State Police in St. Joseph County say he is not a suspect in the abduction and disappearance of 32-year-old Venus Stewart, but they still want to talk to him. The man was seen by two different people at Adams Lake prior to the woman’s abduction, and they thought it was suspicious.

For one thing, he was wet, as if he had been swimming in the frigid water. He is around 30, with a medium build and medium height with short dark hair and a moustache. They have searched the lake twice because of the sighting and want to determine if his appearance and her disappearance are at all connected.

http://www.wtvbam.com/news/articles/2010/may/07/searc/

The address for Douglas is not far from the Ocean. I looked up DS and it shows LM and TM as living with DS at the Newport News Adddress. I really dont think all these people lived in one apartment.
I also found another city fulton Mi, but so far I dont see mention of it.

JMO, I think grandpa is either on heavy meds or may be alheimers. That may also be the reason he did not hear anything out side.

Amanda: Im sending you a msg about another name that I have not seen mentioned, I dont know about putting it here.

Yep yep. This guy....

I think he's running out of space to evade, and he'll be arrested soon. Gotta get to him, knowing that forensics is going over his vehicles, looking for anything from pollen or bugs in the radiator to a stray weed in the suspension.

Yep yep. This guy....

I think he's running out of space to evade, and he'll be arrested soon. Gotta get to him, knowing that forensics is going over his vehicles, looking for anything from pollen or bugs in the radiator to a stray weed in the suspension.

And if he is the perp, I hope he breaks before the tests are even back...just spare her family the pain.
I feel so bad for her parents and her kids, but especially her kids, as they are too young to understand precisely what is going on.

Hey, NMK, I'll try to pull a timeline together.

From the above link:

http://www.wtvbam.com/news/articles/2010/may/07/searc/

A woman who lives in the neighborhood says she saw a pickup, roughly matching the description of Stewart’s Crew Cab parked in that field that morning, with a man crouching down behind it. Doug Stewart says he has no knowledge of her disappearance was in Virginia when it happened and says he hope police find her alive for the sake of their children.

IF he has an alibi, wonder if he's spent andy EXTRA MONEY?

JMHO
fran

The address for Douglas is not far from the Ocean. I looked up DS and it shows LM and TM as living with DS at the Newport News Adddress. I really dont think all these people lived in one apartment.
I also found another city fulton Mi, but so far I dont see mention of it.

.JMO, I think grandpa is either on heavy meds or may be alheimers. That may also be the reason he did not hear anything out side

Amanda: Im sending you a msg about another name that I have not seen mentioned, I dont know about putting it here.

BBM (bolded by me)

Did a background check on Venus' dad and, if I have the right person, he is 54yo, with no criminal record. 54yo seems kind of young to have Alzheimers. Maybe Venus didn't have a chance to scream. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer