Thread: OH - Michael Sheppard, 35, Huron County, 2003 - $5k reward by TES for man's remains

OH - Michael Sheppard, 35, Huron County, 2003 - $5k reward by TES for man's remains

This is certainly unusual. I wonder what's going on?

Reward offered for missing man's remains
    Friday May 07 2010, 12:29pm

A Texas-based mounted search and recovery team is offering a $5,000 reward for credible information leading to the discovery of a missing man's remains.

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI&I) contacted Texas EquuSearch (TES) on April 19 requesting assistance in recovering the remains of Michael Sheppard, TES said on its Web site, texasequuseacrh.org. TES issued the reward Thursday.

"Michael Sheppard, age 35, was last seen on May 8, 2003 in Huron County, OH. It is not known what Michael was wearing at the time of his disappearance," the TES Web site stated Wednesday.

In an update posted Thursday, TES reported TES sonar expert Dennis Watters, founder/director Tim Miller and two officials specializing in ground-penetrating radar have been in Ohio assisting with the search "for the past week."

snip

Huron County Sheriff Dane Howard, when asked about the situation Thursday, would only say there has been a joint "long-term investigation" involving his office, BCI&I and Huron County Prosecutor Russell Leffler's office.

Howard also said "other area agencies" were involved, but he wouldn't say what they were.

snip

Leffler refused to make any comments about the probe.

"No comment is no comment," the prosecutor said when asked about the length of the investigation.

http://www.norwalkreflector.com/arti.../iq_980381.txt

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Big Reward Offered For Missing Man

World famous tracker Tim Miller and his group Texas Equusearch are back on the trail in Ohio, looking for the truth in Huron County.

They are trying to find out what happened to 35-year-old Michael Sheppard, who said goodbye to his mom just before Mother's Day in 2003 and has not been seen since.

Rosalie Gottwald says "it's nightmares, it's not having anywhere to go to take flowers to him, there's no marker that says he mattered, that he was loved."

snip

Michael Sheppard's mother admits his life took a dark turn when he began using and then dealing illegal drugs.

In 2003, Sheppard's family began receiving death threats from those he had crossed in the drug trade.

Rosalie Gottwald says "they told us he stole $20,000 from drug dealers and they called our house several times. By the time of the last phone call, they said it was $50,000."

After Michael Sheppard disappeared, his mother received a mysterious phone indicating that he had been murdered and his body buried in the Milan area.

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-missing...,3021724.story

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

EquuSearch involved in Sheppard case

Video with interview of Michael's mother and also Tim Miller:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHzTml6nBTw[/ame]

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Missing man's mom wants justice

http://www.norwalkreflector.com/cont...-seeks-justice

Cary Ashby 09:00 AM
    May 20 2011

The suspected murder of Michael A. Sheppard 11 years ago remains unsolved.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Well, y'all, I think I found Mr. Sheppard. If I'm right, then it's a little frustrating....

Here is Michael's page in NamUs:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/12147/7/

And here's this:

https://identifyus.org/cases/1984

This is the link to an unidentified man in Cuyahoga County Ohio. He jumped to his death from I-90 bridge over Train Avenue the same day that Michael Sheppard was last seen two counties away. Height, weight, age, and hair color all fit. The eyes are different...one says brown/hazel and one says blue...but I still think this has to be him.
    The Cuyahoga UID was entered into NamUs a while ago, but Michael was just entered at the end of August. Perhaps NamUs has flagged for comparison and the results just aren't in yet? I guess I will be calling our local ME in the morning to find out...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish_Eyes For This Useful Post:

This should be easy to determine..... There are pictures of clothing and shoes on Namus. The mother whom he walked out on years ago should be able to recognize them.

There were reports, however, that Michael was killed and buried. And if he did rip off drug dealers for $20k-50k I'm sure people were after him!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebbie For This Useful Post:

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post: