Paradise Lost Oil Spill/ BP sucks local info

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
Starting this because I live at the beach in Destin, Florida. We are on the beach daily, and today we noticed the first signs of this tragic oil spill. As soon as I can, I will upload some photos, but I don't know how yet. Anyway, the once beautiful white sands, are now littered with black nuggets of crap. The seashells are now filthy. But the worst, is the oil leak stench!!!! I am horrified that we bought our beach home, only to get this crap that could take years to fix. We saw a crab, and I was too hesitant to let my son pick it up to take home to cook, as it was covered in gook. This is NOT acceptable. Did I mention the stench??? Horrible. FU BP!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, but please.....

Oh My! I am so sorry. I did not know this. I'm in Pensacola and so far - no sign of any oil. I've been on the beach the last 3 days helping pick up garbage. We own property in Destin (on Holiday Isle), so I guess I will take a ride over there tomorrow. I had no idea it had reached you all. SO SAD! Destin has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world!

Oh My! I am so sorry. I did not know this. I'm in Pensacola and so far - no sign of any oil. I've been on the beach the last 3 days helping pick up garbage. We own property in Destin (on Holiday Isle), so I guess I will take a ride over there tomorrow. I had no idea it had reached you all. SO SAD! Destin has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world!
Thanks for the sympathy, it is horrible here now. I live off of Scenic 98. (Us locals call it "Old 98"). The smell is horrible, don't light a match here. We spoke with some people who had been in Navarre, and he showed us his pictures from his digital camera, and the black nuggets were everywhere. So sad, but I know that they are putting booms around the destin pass. Just a bandaid on the freaking loss.

Thanks for the sympathy, it is horrible here now. I live off of Scenic 98. (Us locals call it "Old 98"). The smell is horrible, don't light a match here. We spoke with some people who had been in Navarre, and he showed us his pictures from his digital camera, and the black nuggets were everywhere. So sad, but I know that they are putting booms around the destin pass. Just a bandaid on the freaking loss.

Oh yes, I am very familiar with Old 98. My husband's family has owned property there since th 1930's, and we have a couple of places over there still. I spend a lot of time in Destin. My inlaws have a house in Navarre. They are very concerned about the spill, but so far they don't see any. This is such tragic news. The latest news we heard is that the booms are being staged in East Pass, but they are not in place yet! Why aren't they in place if you guys are already seeing oil on the shore!!! That makes me mad!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back