1071 users online (174 members and 897 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - HIV-infected Nushawn Williams to be held after completing sentence

Nushawn Williams is a sex offender. An offender who is HIV positive.

A Judge has ordered under a new law that Williams will remain held after his sentence is completed.

This guy knowingly infected a half dozen women and one is only 13 years old.

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=12446944

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Nushawn Williams is a sex offender. An offender who is HIV positive.

A Judge has ordered under a new law that Williams will remain held after his sentence is completed.

This guy knowingly infected a half dozen women and one is only 13 years old.

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=12446944
    Thank goodness at least this state, this court recognized many sexual offenders will continue to be a threat to society. If they slap a level rating on an offender, they know many ofthese people will reoffend. It is not a matter of if but when.

He never enrolled in sex offender treatment and got kicked out of rehab...so doesn't that mean he's failed to live up to his release agreement anyway?

IMO people who know they have a deadly STD and don't tell their partners should really receive harsher treatment. It's like slow, agonizing murder to me - they know what is going to happen to the person and do it anyway. And we're talking about 12 victims! Shouldn't there be justice for them?

I believe he was given 13 or so years as a sentence and served it all out...while I don't think he should be completely free, I am not sure the law should be able to keep him after he did his entire sentence based on laws that were passed after he was imprisoned. I don't think he had a minimum, I think he just did his term, IIRC. I thought he would be released as a registered sex offender and maybe with a bracelet or something. I saw a show on this case and there was some doubt as to whether he ever really knew he had HIV, as he was quite young and not very bright...anyway, not defending him, just don't like the idea that sentences can change after they are served...scary...
    Just my opinion, of course.

whoooo hoooo! A judge that GETS IT!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I believe he was given 13 or so years as a sentence and served it all out...while I don't think he should be completely free, I am not sure the law should be able to keep him after he did his entire sentence based on laws that were passed after he was imprisoned. I don't think he had a minimum, I think he just did his term, IIRC. I thought he would be released as a registered sex offender and maybe with a bracelet or something. I saw a show on this case and there was some doubt as to whether he ever really knew he had HIV, as he was quite young and not very bright...anyway, not defending him, just don't like the idea that sentences can change after they are served...scary...
    Scary indeed. Scary that this guy with a bracelet on can pass HIV all he wants to.

Cluciano I do understand your point, but if the dude can't stay in drug rehab and he didn't go to his sex offender "classes" I highly doubt he'll follow any law.

The best part is his mom and wife say he's no threat. O.K.

He'll be back in court again next month. We'll see what happens then.

Shyteek Johnson is this guy's other name.

Here's all the information I'd need to keep him locked up. Even his grandmom was afraid of him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Shyteek+Johnson