PA - Esther Ayodele, 82, beaten to death, Philadelphia, 6 May 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Esther Ayodele immigrated to Philadelphia four years ago so her son could care for her in her old age. Instead he beat to death the 82 year old woman.

Cops were called to Germantown to investigate a death. They found Ms. Ayodele with blunt force trauma to her head and body. Homocide investigators questioned 62 year old Adegbola and as they photographed stained mattresses, rummaged through trash and brought out the elderly woman's cane neighbors watched in shock. "We didn't even know the lady lived there" said one neighbor. Another said "There's three sides to every story and we'll never know the truth"

Adegbola faces charges of murder and possessing an instrument of crime.

Another neighbor said "That's crazy. She brought you into this world and if it wasn't for her you wouldn't be here"

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20100508_Cops__Son_beat_his_elderly_mom_to_death.html

That poor woman. You know it had to be difficult for her to emigrate here at that age. And then after all of that transition, her son beats her to death. How completely awful.

I wonder what her son's experience was with his mother back in Nigeria. Not saying anyone deserves to be beaten to death but I would like to know their story.

There's a publication I found about Nigerians abroad. The article is the same, but one person has replied.

Mind you I don't know if the person knows of what they speak, but it is so tragic.

http://nigeriansabroadlive.com/?p=309

I don't live in Germantown. However, we do have only one family in my neighborhood from Nigeria. The culture shock for these poor people must be unbelievable. The one woman walks all around the neighborhood in garments that I don't know what they are called, but the kids just look astounded when she comes by. Bless her heart. She must miss home. Not the poverty and violence but her homeland all the same.

If I ever had to live with my eighty something father, I'm not sure what would happen. A sweet or even slightly nice old man he is not. I'll just leave it at that.

I wonder if one of these two or both has dementia. My mother went through a horribly violent stage with Alzheimer's.

If I ever had to live with my eighty something father, I'm not sure what would happen. A sweet or even slightly nice old man he is not. I'll just leave it at that.

I wonder if one of these two or both has dementia. My mother went through a horribly violent stage with Alzheimer's.

Ohhhhhhhhh I hear ya, Alsmom. I am the sole caretaker of my 72 year old mom. She is nice, funny, optomistic. Still there's days I swear one of us is going to find ourself on this page.:slap: Note I am just kidding. However it is really stressful. Plus I am fortunate enough I can be here with her, My brothers arranged that.:waitasec:

Culturally I am wondering how Nigerians are with the elderly. I think we American's are one of the only countries that doesn't treat our elderly with the respect, patience and care they deserve.

There wasn't much more on our news about this. I'll check. It's so sad. Poor lady.

so sad an end for that poor dear lady. Shameful how we treat our children, our elderly and our pets. Cases like this just break my heart. My sister, mother and I cared for my terminally ill father at home. Caring for elderly or infirm people can be emotionally and phsyically draining, but to usher a loved one out of the world in the manner which they choose is the greatest gift you can give a parent/loved one. This son's behavior is shameful.

Ohhhhhhhhh I hear ya, Alsmom. I am the sole caretaker of my 72 year old mom. She is nice, funny, optomistic. Still there's days I swear one of us is going to find ourself on this page.:slap: Note I am just kidding. However it is really stressful. Plus I am fortunate enough I can be here with her, My brothers arranged that.:waitasec:

Culturally I am wondering how Nigerians are with the elderly. I think we American's are one of the only countries that doesn't treat our elderly with the respect, patience and care they deserve.

There wasn't much more on our news about this. I'll check. It's so sad. Poor lady.

Well at least you have some good times with her, which is such a blessing :) My father doesn't know how to be nice anymore. He hit his lawn guy in the face with his cane and knocked his tooth out. That was a few years ago and the guy still does his lawn :eek: Every time he doesn't like what someone is saying he threatens them with his cane. My father has dementia but still is with it in many areas sometimes. He was never violent before so it's hard to explain. I guess personal experience colors many of our thoughts and what the possibilities might be in some of these cases.

Very strange. There is absolutely nothing on the internet more recent than the October, 2010 preliminary hearing for Adegbola Ige, charged with the murder of his mother.

Nothing. Not even the result of the hearing. What gives with the media?! They seem to abandon stories as soon as possible.

But a check of the Pennsylvania Dept. of Corrections reveals he is housed at Huntingdon State Prison, so he must have been convicted at some point. No indication of the sentence though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back