Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
Lydia Ann Perkins

Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Dec 21, 1982 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Oct 26, 1997 Race: White
Age Now: 27 Height: 4'11" (150 cm)
Missing City: LEXINGTON Weight: 90 lbs (41 kg)
Missing State : KY Hair Color: Red
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Hazel
Case Number: NCMC841272

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=841272&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Lydia's photo is shown age-progressed to 25 years. She has a brown circular birthmark on the right side of her neck, a scar on her right eyebrow and a scar in the center of her forehead. She has shoulder length hair which may be dyed red. She may use the last name Moberly. (Mother's maiden name is Moberly)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perkins_lydia.html

Charley Project gives a few more additional details:

She was last seen at her parents residence at 1 PM in Lexington Kentucky. Friends reported seeing her in the vicinity of her home on Rugby Drive. Her family reported her missing within a few hours. She has never been seen or heard from again.

She was known to stay away from home without permission but she rarely went outside of her neighborhood.

The exact circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.

This is the case that I have been following for years. I can't find any information for her other than the two missing pages above. No articles~ nothing. I brought her here hoping others might have a look into her case also. Today I discovered she is not entered into Namus and I am unclear how to get her entered.

Prayers for Lydia that comes home soon.

Attachments

• NCMC841272c1.jpg
    NCMC841272c1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Lydia Ann Perkins.jpg
    Lydia Ann Perkins.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 25
Lydia Ann Perkins
This is the case that I have been following for years. I can't find any information for her other than the two missing pages above. No articles~ nothing. I brought her here hoping others might have a look into her case also. Today I discovered she is not entered into Namus and I am unclear how to get her entered.

Prayers for Lydia that comes home soon.

Lydia lived the next street over from me. Her family still live in the neighborhood (Cardinal Valley). I wish we could get a lead or something...anything, including a corpse, is better than nothing. :(

Another Lexington television station did a story about Lydia Ann Perkins in 2012 on the 15th anniversary of her disappearance.

Tomorrow marks 15th anniversary of missing Lexington girl

It's a parent's worst nightmare, a child vanishing without a trace.

Lydia Perkins was just 14-years-old when she disappeared from a Lexington street corner in October 1997.

Little is known about Lydia's disappearance, Thompson said her daughter was last seen outside of a friends home on Londonderry Drive in the Cardinal Valley neighborhood.

Source:

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/...sary-of-missing-Lexington-girl-174845921.html

Here's the link to her Charley Project profile since the URL's changed format (or whatever you'd call it).

LYDIA ANN PERKINS
Missing from Lexington, KY (10/26/1997)

There's a new story about her on WKYT.

It's short, but has the link to a story from last year that has one detail I'd never seen before. Her brother mentions that an inmate once said that he'd "taken" her. It just doesn't say anything about who the inmate was, where he was, when it was or if anything they said corroborated with her disappearance in any way.

One Lexington teen is still missing 23 years later
WKYT-27-CBS (Lexington, KY)
10/19/2020
Occasional leads have pointed in one direction but have never turned concrete. Justin says while his family hangs onto hope, reality is setting in that time is moving faster and faster.

“My mom is getting older and I know she wants answers before she passes. Likewise I want answers. It has been 23 years since my sister just vanished.”

Family looks for answers two decades after teenager's disappearance
WKYT-27-CBS (Lexington, KY)
10/16/2019
Not much has changed since then and nobody has been charged with Lydia's disappearance. They don't even know if she's alive.

"Regardless of what you think has happened, you can't give up hope," Justin said.

Justin says a detective came to the family years ago saying an inmate may have confessed to taking Lydia, but they never heard anything after that. Now, they're still searching for answers.

I just saw this news report about Lydia. The anniversary of her disappearance will be on October 26th.
Wherever you are Lydia your mother and brother are waiting for you.

Lydia's NamUs profile was modified on 4/12,/2021, hopefully they are still keeping her case active.

She only has 3 rule outs of other Jane Does

upload_2021-4-15_7-33-6.png

How tragic. Somebody clearly has gotten away with a crime. I wonder if the inmate who claimed he abducted her was able to provide any details known only to LE; how sure were they that it was a legitimate confession?

From Lydia Ann Perkins – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Lydia was last seen in the Cardinal Valley neighborhood of Lexington, Kentucky on October 26, 1997. She was at her boyfriends' home with her younger brother. Her brother left, then Lydia left after him. She apparently made it to her family's home on Rugby Road, because she called her cousin from the house. She has never been heard from again. Her family reported her missing several hours later.
Lydia was born six weeks premature and her twin sister died at birth. Because she had a history of leaving home without permission, for the first two years after her disappearance she was considered a runaway. She rarely left her neighborhood, however, and had never been gone for very long.
Her case is now classified as an endangered missing person. The exact circumstances surrounding her disappearance are unclear and her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Division of Police 859-258-3600

Because of her hair, I think Lydia might have been a victim of the Redhead Killer. However, because of her short stature, I wonder if she was taken by someone who targeted preteen children instead.

Because of her hair, I think Lydia might have been a victim of the Redhead Killer. However, because of her short stature, I wonder if she was taken by someone who targeted preteen children instead.

I'm under the impression that the "Redhead Killer" would have picked up his victims near interstates. Cardinal Valley would be at least 6 miles from the nearest interstate (more by the route most people would take). Cardinal valley is a residential development and a (non-resident) truck driver wouldn't have had any reason to be there.

Is anyone here able to contact the family for more information? There is a lot missing from what is online: any details about the boyfriend or father, her state of mind (both in general, and at the time of disappearance), her relationship to parents, etc.

Why would anyone suggest "she may be using the name...." if they thought she had been abducted (sounds like that assumes she had run away)? Are they still in touch with boyfriend, what has happened to/with him? Have her classmates/other friends been asked for their input? Etc., etc....

SANITY CHECK, PLEASE !!
There is a Facebook page for a Lydia Moberly - the picture looks like she SHOULD be related to 'our' Lydia. I am note an FBer so cannot get all that's on her page; cannot tell how old this is, but it could be a daughter (if ours kept that name) or other relative. It's a longshot, indeed, but if anyone can get to whatever info is there....
THANKS FOR READING!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back