1595 users online (330 members and 1265 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SC - Michael Davidson, 16, shot to death in Gaffney robbery, 8 May 2010

This is from my neck of the woods:
    http://www.wyff4.com/news/23502346/detail.html

I posted it because I wanted other people's opinions. The boys had robbed the restaurant and were leaving. The proprietors shot the boys as they were leaving (possibly in the back). On the one hand, there was no shoot out, which could have ended in more deaths. On the other hand, three teens are dead for probably not a whole lot of money.

Should the proprietors have shot the robbers as they were leaving? Or should they have just called 911 and left it at that?

Oh, and one odd comment on the news report.
    "He was real happy go lucky, liked to joke a whole lot." his uncle said. "He liked to look good, had the best shoes on. He was an all around good kid."
    The best shoes on? Who really cares what kind of shoes a person wears? What an odd thing to remember about a kid who has died. Not "he had a bright future," but rather, "he wore great shoes." Weird.

i think it's wrong to shoot ANYONE in the back (well, maybe not always throw me a scenerio lol i may change my mind) but those guys were leaving. With the money yes but NOT putting anyones life in danger as they left, correct? if so then what happened was no better than murder i my opinion. might not have all th info either, that happens a lot but if it was as cut and dry as suggested, then that is just not right
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

I agree if they were running away then they should have just let them go.. And they were able to shoot all 3 of them, My gosh...how many bullets did they fire??

It's the family of the would be robber who says they were running away. The autopsy hasn't even been done yet, so how does the family know? The article claims investigators say they were "about to leave," well, that makes a big difference.
    Last edited by jjenny; 05-10-2010 at 09:32 AM.

I need a little more info on this beforI can really comment. Here is another article claiming the kids were robbing or attempted to rob the employees:

Teens shot, 1 killed during S.C. restaurant robbery
    Police say a 16-year-old was killed and two other teens shot when they tried to rob employees of a South Carolina restaurant.

GAFFNEY, S.C. (AP) -- Police say a 16-year-old was killed and two other teens shot when they tried to rob employees of a South Carolina restaurant.

The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office said in a news release Saturday that two workers at Sonny's Cafe in Gaffney were armed and began shooting as the suspects started to leave the cafe.

Coroner Dennis Fowler said Michael Shaquille Davidson of Gaffney died of a gunshot wound.

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/93206184.html
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by concerned4kids View Post
    I agree if they were running away then they should have just let them go.. And they were able to shoot all 3 of them, My gosh...how many bullets did they fire??
    I'd say at least three, unless one bullet hit several people.
    Last edited by jjenny; 05-10-2010 at 09:35 AM.

Gaffney Teen Killed In Restaurant Shooting
    Coroner: Michael Davidson Fatally Shot In Incident

POSTED: 2:33 pm EDT May 8, 2010
    UPDATED: 4:49 pm EDT May 9, 2010

SNIPPED........................................... ...............................

Police said after the shooting, a 16-year-old robber ran on foot to a house on 6th Street but later died of his injuries. Officials said they will release his identity after the family has been notified.

Investigators said 18-year-old Lloyd Ryan Jefferies, of 152 Cheynne Road in Gaffney, also ran on foot but was later taken by car to Mary Black Hospital, where he was arrested by a Cherokee County deputy. Officials charged Jefferies with armed robbery and are holding him in the Cherokee County Detention Center.

The third robber ran across the street from the café and was treated at the scene by EMS before being transported to Spartanburg Regional Hospital, officials said. He underwent surgery and remains hospitalized, but police said they plan to charge the 16-year-old with armed robbery as an adult and will then release his identity.

Investigators have recovered two weapons used by the robbers, but said they believe a third gun was used as well. That weapon has not yet been located.

Sheriff’s Office crime scene technicians are still reviewing the evidence collected from the scene and awaiting results from ballistics test to determine what took place inside the café.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/23495948/detail.html
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Gaffney Teen Killed In Restaurant Shooting
    Coroner: Michael Davidson Fatally Shot In Incident

POSTED: 2:33 pm EDT May 8, 2010
    UPDATED: 4:49 pm EDT May 9, 2010

SNIPPED........................................... ...............................

Police said after the shooting, a 16-year-old robber ran on foot to a house on 6th Street but later died of his injuries. Officials said they will release his identity after the family has been notified.

Investigators said 18-year-old Lloyd Ryan Jefferies, of 152 Cheynne Road in Gaffney, also ran on foot but was later taken by car to Mary Black Hospital, where he was arrested by a Cherokee County deputy. Officials charged Jefferies with armed robbery and are holding him in the Cherokee County Detention Center.

The third robber ran across the street from the café and was treated at the scene by EMS before being transported to Spartanburg Regional Hospital, officials said. He underwent surgery and remains hospitalized, but police said they plan to charge the 16-year-old with armed robbery as an adult and will then release his identity.

Investigators have recovered two weapons used by the robbers, but said they believe a third gun was used as well. That weapon has not yet been located.

Sheriff’s Office crime scene technicians are still reviewing the evidence collected from the scene and awaiting results from ballistics test to determine what took place inside the café.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/23495948/detail.html
    So the robbers were also armed?

Ok so so far I see that at 3:00 am they come into the establishment armed and rob employees, if I was in their postion I would say I would fear for my life.
    Now if the teens where leaving actually leaving the rest. I'm not sure if I would open fire.

To each their own I guess, but I am not going to condem the employees for trying to protect themselves. These kids where up to no good and if they are already doing crap like this it is only a matter of time before they actually kill someone doing this.
    SC has laws in place for people to protect themselves without the worry of prosecution if it was in self defense or they feared for their life sooo....

I am sorry one of the teens died but where were this kids parents ? I mean did they have any clue as to what was going on with their child. Where are we in this world when our teens are sporting guns and going around reaking terror on innocent people, you make the choice when you decide to commit this kind of crime, you make your bed.

Anyway jmo of course, if someone broke into my home wielding a gun I prob. would not hesitate to shoot them, it is me or them .....
    Last edited by mysticrose; 05-11-2010 at 01:19 AM.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    So the robbers were also armed?
    Yes so puts a whole new light on the subject ...
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Yes so puts a whole new light on the subject ...
    Exactly. Even if someone is running away, with a gun, how do you know that someone won't turn around and shoot at you?

I have no problem with what the proprietors did.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Exactly. Even if someone is running away, with a gun, how do you know that someone won't turn around and shoot at you?
    You dont ! I would be under the impression if someone has pulled a gun on me their intentions are to do me bodily harm and or kill me, I can't imagine being put in this type of postion especially with 3 people.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I have no problem with what the proprietors did.
    See, we agree once again!
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

I don't have enough info but am nervous about store proprietors running out into the street shooting at fleeing criminals. IF that is how it happened. That puts a whole lot of innocent citizens on the streets and sidewalks and coming out of other businesses in needlessly harms way IMOO. IF they were shot at while fleeing away and the robbery had already ocurred and was over. Then I feel the proprietor was wrong.

If the teens were still in the process of robbing the store at gunpoint, I think the proprietor has every right to use a gun to attempt to "level the field" against the threat of harm to himself or employees.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast