Melissa Huckaby pleads guilty to killing Sandra

darlin gal

Reaction score
20100510__ssjm0511huckabyp%7E1_VIEWER.JPG
20100510__ssjm0511huckphoto%7E1_VIEWER.JPG

STOCKTON — Melissa Huckaby pleaded guilty today to killing 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.
Huckaby pleaded guilty to murder with a special circumstance of kidnapping. All other charges against her in the case were dropped.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15054621

I am very happy that Sandra's momma doesn't have to go through a lengthly trial.
RIP sweet girl, you have gotten justice....

Did or will SH make a confession and explain how she did it?

Did or will SH make a confession and explain how she did it?

I doubt it. Pedophiles never confess imo.

But she knew they had the evidence they needed to prove their case and she knew the evidence was going to be so horrific that a jury would give her the death penalty so she pled down to LWOP in order to save her pathetic butt.

imo

this is a surprise...i'm so glad that her family will not have to go through the trial. i know that nothing will bring their sweet Sandra back, but i hope that they can one day find some peace. love to all of her family!!!

Just heard this on the news...GOOD, it's about time!!! RIP Sandra, and powerful prayers for her family.

Good. Goodbye, Melissa. Enjoy your digs for the rest of your life. May you see the vision of that precious child every day and every night of your miserable existence.

This is definitely the best move, imo. Best wishes to the Cantu family.

I'm so glad Sandra's family was spared the agony of a trial but I so wish Huckaby would have received the death penalty. I can only hope that prison will not be kind to her.

I have not followed this case very closely, but did they ever give a motive? Other than, she's just a sick individual.

wow wasn't expecting this one but so glad that Sandra's family doesn't have to sit thru a trial.

Huckaby pleads guilty, avoids death penalty
by Justin Lafferty
May 10, 2010

This is the weekly newspaper that won awards for its reporting on this case. Jennifer Wadsworth's interview with Huckaby, when heard by the police is basically what led to her arrest.

In this article today, it talks about:

"San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus asked Huckaby if she’s had time to talk with her attorneys and if she really planned to plead guilty, giving up the right to a jury trial, to which she answered yes.

After Lofthus finished most of her questioning of Huckaby, Testa wanted the judge to make sure Huckaby was in the right state of mind to make the plea. He noted that her behavior in prison, such as trying to hurt herself at one point, was odd.

“She appears extremely coherent today, but I just worry down the road,” Testa said, worrying that Huckaby might change her plea.

Lofthus told Testa that “she appears fine to me,” but asked Huckaby anyway if she understood what was going on.

She asked if there has been a change in her medication recently, something Huckaby declined.

“No, I am currently stable on medication, thank you,” Huckaby said.

After the questioning, Lofthus said she accepted Huckaby’s plea. Her attorneys and Testa spoke with members of the Huckaby and Cantu families before coming up with the June 14 date for sentencing.

While Lofthus said she’d allow one camera at the sentencing, she said the gag order, preventing anyone related to the case from speaking to the media, is still in effect. Testa brought up the notion of lifting it and Behar and Huckaby’s attorney, Michael Burt, said they had no objection.

Lofthus said she worried that things were moving too quickly and wanted some time to think about the gag order."

I have not followed this case very closely, but did they ever give a motive? Other than, she's just a sick individual.

I've always wondered if there were other people involved. I'm happy that Sandra's family will not have to go through the additional heartache of a trial, but there's still a nagging question in my mind how Huckaby could have done such a thing all on her lonesome. The motive is still a bit of a mystery to me.

1 question to Huckaby...............WHY? did you murder her???

It's good that Sandra's family will be spared this, but IMO justice is not served. This b**ch deserves to die for what she did to that little girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Rest in peace baby girl... it's over now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back