737 users online (86 members and 651 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Then other family members addressed the court:

"I don't think she thought about her daughter, who will now have to grow up without a mother," Connie Cantu - Sandra's grandmother. (About Melissa's own daughter)

"You took the life of a little girl. She's not even old enough to decide to eat ice cream yet," Danny Cantu, Sandra's father.

"Each time I'm in this courtroom, I place yourself on your side," Judy (Melissa's mom).

"From mother to mother, I am so sorry," Judy Lawless.

"I want you to know she did not suffer and that I did not sexually molest her at all," Melissa Huckaby.

"I can't imagine forgiving someone who harmed my own daughter," Melissa Huckaby.

Huckaby: "I want you to know she did not suffer and that I did not sexually molest her at all"

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,2112663.story

http://www.news10.net/news/story.asp...=83543&catid=2

Huckaby sentenced to life without parole; apologizes to Sandra Cantu's family

"STOCKTON, CA - Melissa Huckaby, facing sentencing Monday for the kidnap and murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, expressed remorse as she was sentenced to life in prison without parole. Speaking from the courtroom, Huckaby said, "I should not haven (sic) her from you.""

Probably should be "I should not have taken her from you."

The gag order has been lifted per the article above
    IMO

So, another PC at 11?
    Proud WS N-LIB

At the morning hearing, Judge Linda Loftus lifted a gag order that, since 2009, had prevented anyone involved with the case from discussing it. Another hearing, scheduled for 1:30 p.m. today, will decide whether court records in the case will be unsealed.

Sandra’s family has opposed unsealing the court records, and several media outlets, including The Stockton Record, have pushed for the records to be unsealed.

A press conference is scheduled for one hour after the hearing, and police, lawyers and Sandra’s family will gather on the seventh floor of the Stockton Courthouse in Department 34.

For updates, visit back at www.tracypress.com.

I think they mean a press conference after the afternoon hearing.

Unbelievable! Talk about adding insult to injury,(she didn't suffer???? I didn't molest her at all???) Just what did she do to her then? WHY did she do what she did? Murdering a scared little girl doesn't cause her to suffer? Everyone in the Cantu family has suffered at the hands of Melissa Huckaby! I don't think I could have sat there and listened to anything out of her mouth without ending up in jail myself!
    "Truth is,everybody is going to hurt you; You just gotta find the one's worth suffering for.~Bob Marley~

I'm sorry.... I just don't understand how a woman with a little girl of her own could do what she did! I see Sandra's sweet face and my heart breaks.
    "Truth is,everybody is going to hurt you; You just gotta find the one's worth suffering for.~Bob Marley~

For some reason I still feel like there is someone else involved with this crime, I do not know why but I do and Melissa is protecting them......

Life without parole is to good for her, firing squad would suffice
    Last edited by mysticrose; 06-14-2010 at 04:59 PM.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Wow, I just saw some of the footage from inside the courtroom today. Melissa has gained a humongus amount of weight. She is barely recognizable.

So sad. Prayers for Sandra's family today.

Testa said a piece of torn cloth had been tied around Cantu's head. Quoting from a pathologist's report, Testa said the cloth was soiled with blood and knotted into "a noose." He said the cause of death was determined to be "homicidal asphyxiation."

According to the pathologist's report, Cantu also suffered a cut to her lip, an abrasion to her elbow and injuries to her genitals.

Testa said toxicology tests also found the drug alprazolam, which is used to treat anxiety disorders, in Cantu's body. Bottles of alprazolam were found in Huckaby's home and purse, Testa said.
    http://www.news10.net/news/story.asp...=83543&catid=2

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Wow, I just saw some of the footage from inside the courtroom today. Melissa has gained a humongus amount of weight. She is barely recognizable.
    Yes, she has.

http://www.news10.net/video/default....id=95719631001

"alprazolam" equals "xanax"

Why are we so nice to our prisoners? Got depression, anxiety......ahhh, we will give you some meds ................urghhhhh........our system is TO nice to murderers!!!!
    Sorry to rant but our taxes pay to keep these evil people in delux prisons.
    Does the average person in USA have air conditioning, a gym, 3 meals a day plus snacks and free medical care????
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I have mixed feeling about everything being unsealed, I dont really want to know the horrible details and I do not wish for the family to have to be exposed to it all through the media.....
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast