2010.05.10 - Paralegal passes note to female corrections officer at Casey's hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
Baez's Paralegal passes a note/envelope to female corrections officer at Casey Anthony Motions Hearing today.

"Snip" http://www.wftv.com/video/23506764/index.html
Not sure if this is information worthy enough for it's own thread. If so, Mod's please move as needed.

I find it very disturbing if this note was not for Baez. I never say the corrections offices give Baez the note. I only saw her put it in her shirt uniform pocket. My big question is this. Are the Anthony's or someone else passing notes to Casey and if so, is this not illegal? Thoughts?

Take note:

Paralegal passes note to female corrections officer. In the first video of the hearing.

At about 1:51 in the first audio the paralegal gets up and goes somewhere it doesn't show where she went though.

She returned before the 10 min mark.

At about the 12:18 mark of the video she hands the note over!!!

How can we get a screen shot of this? Anyone know? TIA

2.jpg

note.jpg

note2.jpg

notephcall.jpg

OK, I just got off the phone with Kathi Belich, she said she will be looking into it. She has received several emails. I figured if anyone would check it out, Kathi would be the right person for the job. Hope it's OK to post this. I did just get off the phone with her.

OK, I just got off the phone with Kathi Belich, she said she will be looking into it. She has received several emails. I figured if anyone would check it out, Kathi would be the right person for the job. Hope it's OK to post this. I did just get off the phone with her.

Wow....I was kidding but way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I watched this and the paralegal WRITES something - you can see her pull out her pen and write something which she then passes along to the deputy. At least we know she did not pass something over that she was given - it was something she wrote.

Maybe she wrote a check for Casey's Commissary fund? :innocent:

I am wondering if maybe it was a note or card from Cindy to Casey for Mother's Day. At first I thought maybe the paralegal was giving Baez a heads up she was leaving or had info she needed to pass on to him regarding today's hearing. But if that was the case she could of just leaned over and told Baez or Mason or handed them the note.

:waitasec: Bottom line is that a note was given to the female corrections officer and I don't see any good explanation as to why Baez's paralegal would have to give her a note. I hope we find out where the note came from.

Anyone from WS attend today's hearing? Did anyone notice if Baez's paralegal went up to the Anthony's or anyone during todays hearing?

I am wondering if maybe it was a note or card from Cindy to Casey for Mother's Day. At first I thought maybe the paralegal was giving Baez a heads up she was leaving or had info she needed to pass on to him regarding today's hearing. But if that was the case she could of just leaned over and told Baez or Mason or handed them the note.

:waitasec: Bottom line is that a note was given to the female corrections officer and I don't see any good explanation as to why Baez's paralegal would have to give her a note. I hope we find out where the note came from.

Anyone from WS attend today's hearing? Did anyone notice if Baez's paralegal went up to the Anthony's or anyone during todays hearing?

BBM: The note came from the attorney (isn't that the attorney who was sitting with KC at the last hearing). If you watch from the 10 minute or so mark, you can plainly see her writing something and then handing it over. I agree it would be interesting to know what that was all about - but it was not a note from the Anthonys or anyone.

Ok, I watched this and the paralegal WRITES something - you can see her pull out her pen and write something which she then passes along to the deputy. At least we know she did not pass something over that she was given - it was something she wrote.

Yep, I saw that to. I still wonder where she went? At around the 1:51 mark in the video she gets up and goes somewhere it doesn't show where she went though.

She returned before the 10 min mark.

At about the 12:18 mark of the video she writes something on the note it appears, maybe she wrote down who the note is for, then hands the note over. The corrections officer looks over at the judge, the other officer and puts it in her pocket.

BBM: The note came from the attorney (isn't that the attorney who was sitting with KC at the last hearing). If you watch from the 10 minute or so mark, you can plainly see her writing something and then handing it over. I agree it would be interesting to know what that was all about - but it was not a note from the Anthonys or anyone.

I still would question it. If the attorney gave her a note, what for? Would the attorney not be able to speak to the corrections officer? Why would they need to give the officer a note?
It would make me more suspicious. . Did someone give the attorney a note and the attorney gave it to the corrections officer? Still makes no sense. Still see something wrong with this picture. :waitasec:

I don't think that the note passing was inappropriate. It could have been a simple request having something to do with actual court room security. I'm betting it would have something to do with removing shackles perhaps for an upcoming recess, or something of that nature. I do believe last hearing we got some good shots of Casey waddling around during a break. Maybe they just wanted to avoid that this time.

Edit: Could have also been a request to uncuff her prior to transport back to the jail.

"Dear Cupcake... I'm sorry we weren't seated next to each other today as I SO enjoyed our private giggles the other day. Keep your chin up. Our boy will have you out of here in no time, quite frankly. Love, Dumplin.' "

Sorry...

Funny how guard looks all around as she places it in her pocket, then she sees the man guard looking at her!

I don't think that the note passing was inappropriate. It could have been a simple request having something to do with actual court room security. I'm betting it would have something to do with removing shackles perhaps for an upcoming recess, or something of that nature. I do believe last hearing we got some good shots of Casey waddling around during a break. Maybe they just wanted to avoid that this time.

Edit: Could have also been a request to uncuff her prior to transport back to the jail.

If I remember correctly (and be kind here.. I'm pretty old and have on-set CRS) the guard didn't read the note.. she just stuffed it in her pocket..

Funny how guard looks all around as she places it in her pocket, then she sees the man guard looking at her!

Could this just be a simple case of her giving her phone number to someone,as
I noticed the female guard motion (telephone signal)maybe someone in the court requested her phone number.Not the place to do that sort of thing but
"the heart wants,what the heart wants" :woohoo:

I think it's probably innocuous. I and my paralegal give notes to the bailiff all the time--having to do with the current court proceedings. It's because you're not allowed to speak while someone else is up at the podium, or the judge is talking, etc.-- you can't interrupt the proceedings, and it may be the only way to get the court clerk's attention. In my experience, I've passed notes that read: "The court said we were breaking for recess at 10:30 and it's now 10:45.", or "I'm needed in Department 25 in 5 minutes, I need priority now!" etc.

I think it's probably innocuous. I and my paralegal give notes to the bailiff all the time--having to do with the current court proceedings. It's because you're not allowed to speak while someone else is up at the podium, or the judge is talking, etc.-- you can't interrupt the proceedings, and it may be the only way to get the court clerk's attention. In my experience, I've passed notes that read: "The court said we were breaking for recess at 10:30 and it's now 10:45.", or "I'm needed in Department 25 in 5 minutes, I need priority now!" etc.

Thanks, that is hepful. The fact that it was done right out in the open like that makes me think it was probably harmless as well.

I think it's probably pretty harmless too - it probably said 'Do you like Casey's hair in the bun, or a ponytail?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10