Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: MI - Venus Rose Stewart, 32, Colon, Abducted 28 April 2010 - #3

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    And another thing. What appears to be blood smears in both the car and the truck?
    Search warrants said there were what look like 'blood smears' on the door in each car. CSI took samples for DNA analysis. I don't know who the blood belongs to.
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Search warrants said there were what look like 'blood smears' on the door in each car. CSI took samples for DNA analysis. I don't know who the blood belongs to.
    That's what I'm finding strange ~ both vehicles. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Merry Christmas!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LLLindsayy View Post
    "Police also believe Stewart may have left his home in Newport News, Virginia and may be headed to Michigan."

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...on-of-interest
    Oh damn. I hope he's returning on the advice of his lawyer, and not for some other reason

Doug at one time served in the Marines and was based at Camp Lejeune.
    That answers the question about him being in the military.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    Or maybe he's going to Michigan to be close to his family. That's where "home" is to him. His father only lives about seven driving miles from the McCombs.

I now think that it was VERY wise for the McCombs to put R and B in hiding. I would guess that one of Venus' brothers has the children... and the one I know the best about is an ace deer hunter. Surely Douglas won't be stupid enough to harass the family while he's in Michigan. That would be monumentally stupid.
    My heart breaks for them too. You could see in the videos Grandpa adored those little girls

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    My heart breaks for them too. You could see in the videos Grandpa adored those little girls
    http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...on-of-interest

But who is Douglas Stewart? And why is he in West Michigan?

Although troopers are not actively searching for him, they say he is in the area.

Maybe he is at his parent's house? They are not saying he is over by Detroit if they are saying he is in "West Michigan" or "the area".

Maybe he moved all his crap up here so his poor parents won't have to go down there and pack his stuff when he gets arrested?
    Last edited by thinkaboutthis; 05-11-2010 at 11:33 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thinkaboutthis For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    I can't believe he has not been arrested yet! They must be waiting on the blood tests to come back. I would think they would have them back. Didn't they collect them on the 5th????
    So it's been 6 days since they collected the samples and nothing yet?
    You would think those tests would be rushed since Venus is still missing.

JMO
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    I can't believe he has not been arrested yet! They must be waiting on the blood tests to come back. I would think they would have them back. Didn't they collect them on the 5th????

JMO
    I was thinking that too. Wasn't pretty much all the evidence gathered on the 5th? Including his DNA? They should have had the blood analyzed by now.

Also found this recent article...NOT GOOD

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in..._as_michi.html

and this...

http://www.forensicmag.com/News_Articles.asp?pid=883
    Last edited by thinkaboutthis; 05-11-2010 at 11:32 PM.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thinkaboutthis For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    No, that's not good at all.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

No, that's not good at all.
    We could all be gone at the hands of the Mayan calendar before they have DNA evidence back on this... unless they push it up to the front of the line...but it sounds like there are plenty of other unsolved homicides in their backlog.

Now that we know he was in the marines...does this make him more or less likely to "take himself out" once the kitchen gets too hot? Someone that is so brazen as to wifenap in broad daylight may be crazy enough to hole himself up somewhere and not be taken alive...IMO

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thinkaboutthis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thinkaboutthis View Post
    We could all be gone at the hands of the Mayan calendar before they have DNA evidence back on this... unless they push it up to the front of the line...but it sounds like there are plenty of other unsolved homicides in their backlog.

Now that we know he was in the marines...does this make him more or less likely to "take himself out" once the kitchen gets too hot? Someone that is so brazen as to wifenap in broad daylight may be crazy enough to hole himself up somewhere and not be taken alive...IMO
    This is going to sound cold as hell but frankly, if he's responsible for her abduction and murder and as long as he doesn't try to take anyone else out along with him, good riddance.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

JMO
    I'm trying to remember. LE got the buccal swab from Doug's mouth and swabs from the blood in the cars on the same day.
    They will run a tests on his DNA, the blood smears, and Venus' DNA. If there is no match between the 3, guess LE will have to eliminate the blood smears or find out who they belong to. ? I'm sure forensics is short of people and money - what agency isn't nowadays? I can see the shortages everywhere, in the media and all facets of LE. Hope it gets better soon! m00

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Well IF the husband did anything to her he already knows the DNA results doesn't he? If LE has his vehicles what is he driving? or riding in? do we know?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    Well IF the husband did anything to her he already knows the DNA results doesn't he? If LE has his vehicles what is he driving? or riding in? do we know?
    Good question! How is he getting around? This guy seems to defy all the odds and continue his harassing, arrogant, strut. Did someone lend him a car? moo

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    This is going to sound cold as hell but frankly, if he's responsible for her abduction and murder and as long as he doesn't try to take anyone else out along with him, good riddance.
    Agreed, I just wouldn't want that to prevent VS being located.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to thinkaboutthis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Good question! How is he getting around? This guy seems to defy all the odds and continue his harassing, arrogant, strut. Did someone lend him a car? moo
    For some reason I am thinking they collected the evidence from the location where the vehicles were found, but I'm too tired to hunt through all the articles to find that. If he was "moving back" I doubt he would leave all his stuff there. If the truck is in her name, I would think he won't be making any more payments on it after this. The car is older...

Maybe he got a rental car or a moving van? Who knows...

I hope he doesn't head to Canada.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to byo For This Useful Post:

I can't see where he would have any incentive to confess and help police find Venus...IIRC Michigan is life without parole for first degree murder w/no other options...maybe someone knows for sure...
    Just my opinion, of course.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by byomoi View Post
    I hope he doesn't head to Canada.
    I bet he is being watched.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"

Thank you for saying what's been on my mind. That is a concern, I think.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:

For some reason I am thinking they collected the evidence from the location where the vehicles were found, but I'm too tired to hunt through all the articles to find that. If he was "moving back" I doubt he would leave all his stuff there. If the truck is in her name, I would think he won't be making any more payments on it after this. The car is older...

Maybe he got a rental car or a moving van? Who knows...
    I thought the same as you - weren't the cars parked 2 blocks from his residence? I thought LE went there with warrants. I've been told the two vehicles were towed in and in LE custody. Guess I'm confused once again! lol

I'm a day behind in reading and I'm sure this has probably already been posted. Someone here was asking if DS had been in the military, and I saw this in a news article..

"WAVY.com has learned, Douglas Stewart was a decorated Marine, based at Camp Lejeune from 1999 to 2003."

Link to article
    http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_n...-couples-truck

Again, sorry if this has already been posted!

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rhyme & Reason For This Useful Post:

I was thinking that too. Wasn't pretty much all the evidence gathered on the 5th? Including his DNA? They should have had the blood analyzed by now.

Also found this recent article...NOT GOOD

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in..._as_michi.html

and this...

http://www.forensicmag.com/News_Articles.asp?pid=883
    They would prioritize. Important cases which need results for resolution would be handled ASAP, while those awaiting trial or involved lesser crimes would go to the back of the queue.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Natal For This Useful Post:

About the possible blood stains:

Venus's mother says she heard about what police found.

"I heard that they found blood stains, but they were Douglas's and not Venus's."

WTKR-TV3
    7:13 PM EDT, May 10, 2010

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-nn-mis...,3832141.story

43. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Two things with that... I think that she wants to believe that he daughter is alive so badly that she's convinced herself that it can't be Venus blood.

Other articles I've read state that the blood isn't back from the lab yet. Even yesterday, Mike Risko said that they haven't received results yet, that the blood is being tested now. I do think we'll know by the weekend, tho.

I feel awful for the McCombs. I know it's got to be so hard on them, probably surreal.

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    About the possible blood stains:

Venus's mother says she heard about what police found.

"I heard that they found blood stains, but they were Douglas's and not Venus's."

WTKR-TV3
    7:13 PM EDT, May 10, 2010

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-nn-mis...,3832141.story

Other articles I've read state that the blood isn't back from the lab yet. Even yesterday, Mike Risko said that they haven't received results yet, that the blood is being tested now. I do think we'll know by the weekend, tho.
    They may have made a tentative match, but I'm wondering if they'd typed the blood and found it didn't match Venus. That doesn't mean it's Doug's though.
    Last edited by Calliope; 05-12-2010 at 06:26 AM.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast