685 users online (103 members and 582 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - Camden Anne Sylvia, 36, & Michael Sullivan, 54, Manhattan, 7 Nov 1997

They are the lost souls of New York City.
    Three thousand, eight hundred twenty-one people are listed as missing across the state. In the city alone, somebody vanishes every 83 minutes.

Many are found hours or days later. But others are never seen or heard from again.

The startling figures, compiled by the FBI's National Crime Information Center, include unsolved cases stretching back decades.

Scores of the missing are suspected murder victims while others are feared abducted.

Some are believed to have planned their own disappearance, and many others are children who have been whisked off by one of their parents without permission.

All have one thing in common: They cannot be found.

Camden Sylvia and her boyfriend left their downtown Manhattan apartment for an evening jog on Nov. 7, 1997. They never returned.

Camden Syliva, 36, and Michael Sullivan, 54, were known to have been having problems with the landlord of their Pearl St. loft at the time of their disappearance.

On July 15, 1977, Audrey got dressed and said she was walking one block to buy cigarettes. She never came back.

Audrey was a schizophrenic who had been hospitalized a number of times, though Nerenberg said she was medicated and capable of walking to the store alone.

Kristine Kupka, 28, was five months pregnant when she left her apartment in Kensington, Brooklyn, on Oct. 24, 1998.

She was last seen with the baby's father, one of her professors at Baruch College. He was married, had made it clear that he did not want the child - and remains a major suspect in her disappearance.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...p-314210c.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

NY - Michael Sullivan, 54, Manhattan, 7 Nov 1997

They are the lost souls of New York City.
    Three thousand, eight hundred twenty-one people are listed as missing across the state. In the city alone, somebody vanishes every 83 minutes.

Many are found hours or days later. But others are never seen or heard from again.

The startling figures, compiled by the FBI's National Crime Information Center, include unsolved cases stretching back decades.

Scores of the missing are suspected murder victims while others are feared abducted.

Some are believed to have planned their own disappearance, and many others are children who have been whisked off by one of their parents without permission.

All have one thing in common: They cannot be found.

Camden Sylvia and her boyfriend left their downtown Manhattan apartment for an evening jog on Nov. 7, 1997. They never returned.

Camden Syliva, 36, and Michael Sullivan, 54, were known to have been having problems with the landlord of their Pearl St. loft at the time of their disappearance.

On July 15, 1977, Audrey got dressed and said she was walking one block to buy cigarettes. She never came back.

Audrey was a schizophrenic who had been hospitalized a number of times, though Nerenberg said she was medicated and capable of walking to the store alone.

Kristine Kupka, 28, was five months pregnant when she left her apartment in Kensington, Brooklyn, on Oct. 24, 1998.

She was last seen with the baby's father, one of her professors at Baruch College. He was married, had made it clear that he did not want the child - and remains a major suspect in her disappearance.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...p-314210c.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

"Don't forget the kangaroo!"

"Don't forget the kangaroo!"

“I think about this every day, of course,” she said. “Every time anybody disappears, I go, ‘Oh, one more person.’ ”

She followed the news when the Patz case re-emerged last month, as federal agents dug up a cellar floor. “When they were digging down there, I was like, ‘Oh, I wonder if they’ll ever find anything.’ ”

She saw an outcome that she was very familiar with: nothing.

But the arrest last week of Pedro Hernandez, who the police said confessed to killing Etan, gave her hope, particularly because of the manner in which he came to their attention: a tipster had called the authorities.

“Other people must know something about Camden and Michael,” she said.” I hope somehow they’ll find some sort of evidence. I think somebody could speak. How do you get rid of two people?”

She has not spoken to the police, who have always said the case remained open, in a long time. “This is what they usually say: ‘We’re working on it, and we’ve got boxes of evidence, we’re looking at it,’ ” she said.

“The other side of the coin is, do you really want to know what someone did to your loved ones?” she said. “To hear the gruesome details might not be something you want to do.”

The apartment building on Pearl Street looks about the same, just as Etan’s building does, not very far away.

Bumping for this missing couple and looking for more info.
    Last edited by dotr; 12-03-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Eight Cold Cases That Still Haunt the NYPD

Double Disappearance in the Financial District
    Michael Sullivan, an actor working in an art gallery, and girlfriend Camden Sylvia, then working in a real-estate office, were last seen taking off for an evening run in November 1997. A relative who entered their apartment days later found their wallets, passports, and a rented movie (Addicted to Love), evidence the couple hadn’t planned to go anywhere. The police questioned their landlord, who’d been feuding with Sullivan and Sylvia over the lack of heat in their $300-a-month rent-stabilized loft. The landlord later served time in prison for tax evasion and credit-card fraud, but the pair are still missing.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-the-nypd.html

The landlord definitely sounds fishy! I mean what are the chances they go missing the DAY they tell him they arent paying rent if he turns off the heat.
    He could have known they jog and waited til they left to follow them.From the sound of it they didnt die in their apartment.Unless he asked them to meet him somewhere and killed them.

"Mom seeks new leads in 1997 vanishing of daughter and boyfriend"

http://pix11.com/2015/07/07/mom-seek...er-and-fiance/

Laurie Sylvia took two buses from Cape Cod to New York’s Port Authority, shortly before the July 4th weekend, hoping to keep the case of her missing daughter alive.

“As time went on, I accepted the fact that they’re dead,” Laurie Sylvia told PIX 11 Investigates in her West Side hotel room, with an emphasis on the word, “dead.” “I’m not happy that someone got away with killing two people down in the Wall Street area,” she added

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by lindamichelle1 View Post
    The landlord definitely sounds fishy! I mean what are the chances they go missing the DAY they tell him they arent paying rent if he turns off the heat.
    He could have known they jog and waited til they left to follow them.From the sound of it they didnt die in their apartment.Unless he asked them to meet him somewhere and killed them.
    plus there's someone else he knew who disappeared, along with this couple - a co-defendant in a court case

what are the chances?

scary dude

Police tried to get Rodriguez to give them keys, so they could search the basement and other parts of the 5-story building for the couple, but he vanished for ten days, early in the investigation. When he returned to town, he got a lawyer and refused to cooperate. He also refused to allow a search of his large property in upstate Orange County.
    http://pix11.com/2013/11/20/see-it-r...nants-mystery/

When a missing persons case goes unsolved—or a murder case—it can torment the relatives left behind. Laurie Sylvia will turn 74 this year; she’s the same age as the landlord who refuses to talk.
    “There are days when I go, ‘Oh, I’ll go to my grave; I won’t know,” Sylvia told PIX 11. “It makes you crazy.”
    http://pix11.com/2015/07/07/mom-seek...er-and-fiance/

Camden Anne Sylvia
    profiles

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/754/10
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ia_camden.html
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2068dfny.html
    http://www.nampn.org/cases/sylvia_camden_a.html