Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    It sounds to me like it could be either/or but I'm not too sure with such limited info...interesting, but certainly sad either way....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by browneyes View Post
    Would someone help out a girl's fuzzy brain? What are they looking for? Do they think the doctor was involved or just gave her drugs?
    I would guess since they are looking for pills (from the search warrant) and not some sort of murder weapon that the doctor is suspected of giving her drugs.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    It sounds to me like it could be either/or but I'm not too sure with such limited info...interesting, but certainly sad either way....
    It's confusing to me. I can see searching the doctor's office for the pills, however, what's with the trash bag and handwritten note that may be connected to the doctor's office and/or placing the doctor in her room?? MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

I would say they are just looking for proof in the form of the white garbage bags/handwriting sample that the pills did indeed come from that particular doctor's office, since the blister packs are normally 'free samples' that doctors routinely give out if a patient can't afford a prescription. The blister packs probably wouldn't have any identifying info on them as the doctors get them free from drug co. sales reps so perhaps the bags/note would help them tie those pills to that doctor.

JMO

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Has anyone heard anything?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    (CBS) Erica Blasberg was found dead on May 9 at her home just outside Las Vegas.

The up-and-coming LPGA (Ladies Professional Golf Association) golfer was 25.

Since then, the investigation surrounding her death has proven difficult.

Her father, Mel Blasberg, would like some closure, and to celebrate the life Erica had.

Wednesday is her birthday.

more at: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6677047.shtml

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rossva For This Useful Post:

Golfer Erica Blasberg's Death Ruled a Suicide

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...html?tag=stack

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bogeygal For This Useful Post:

What a shame.

She was taking pain killers, xanax, valium, sleeping medication etc.........that'll make you depressed right there.

Sad and all too common.
    [/I]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mysterygirl For This Useful Post:

Somethings very wrong here. The Dr who gave her all those pills was the one who called 911 from her room. And he hid the note and her prescription bottles in his car?? WTH?

For her to put a plastic bag over her head, the ones like the good old DR had in his office is very suspicious to me.

Why are they saying suicide? I say murder.

Sorry but I do not buy this story at all. IMO this Dr had something to do with her death. Hes no dummy, he knew the police would search his car. Why leave it in his car. Why not throw everything away somewhere?

This poor girl. OMG what are her parents saying?

I have one question...Why was he even there??
    The World Has Gone Mad.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:

Sad she was so alone inside and had no one she felt she could turn to and had to take her life. She was so young and talented.

May she rest in peace.

Goz

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Gozgals For This Useful Post:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...html?tag=stack

thanx bogeygal for the update - i was just wondering about this case the other day... so sad... it sounds like to me that this doc. assisted her in the suicide, maybe by providing the idea of how to do it and the drugs and then cleaning up the scene - but since he is a doctor then im sure he was aware that the drugs would be found in her system?? so, without knowing the levels of drugs in her system - i would ASSUME that she took the pills herself, knowing that she had taken enough to end her life, but then why the plastic bag? and i really want to know what that note said. i wonder if the this lessor charge is all le can prove right now? why conceal the note? maybe he was only concealing it from the public and not her family? too many questions... i sure as hello hope that this doctor did not assist her in this ... im hoping that he was just trying to protect her memory by doing what he did, but if that is all he was doing why would le charge him with obstruction? he did something hinkey for le to go after him and for him to stop cooperating with le...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anaïs Nin
    I'm thinking she just used the bag that maybe the dr. sent her home with (with samples). I think this is all very weird...he may have been trying to "save" her reputation by removing the note, etc., but somehow I think it is more nefarious than that.

ETA: I know this is morbid, but if one is going to do something with a plastic bag like that, they really ought to videotape it for LE so no one else is implicated....a plastic bag over the head is VERY unusual with suicide assisted by meds. Then again, she may have been in so much emotional pain that she wasn't thinking about others...not in a mean way, just too far gone. I'm the weirdo that used to think about how to make sure my loved ones were never looked at if I made that decision (I'm totally fine now).

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    I do hear you. It's hard to know with a 20-year-old girl. I was a wild child at that age, but functional in many ways.
    I was speaking to my best friend yesterday - She said to me that she couldn't even have a normal conversation with me before rehab...I had no idea! I always thought no one knew!!! That just goes to show ya....I thought I was functional =P
    Last edited by Truthful Lies; 08-27-2010 at 07:36 AM.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Truthful Lies For This Useful Post:

I'm so totally confused about this "suicide". Usually one takes as many pills as possible to create a drug-induced slumber in order to peacefully die. Why then would she introduce/secure a plastic bag over her head which would automatically create panic from the lack of oxygen? I don't get this whole scenario at all.

I am also wondering about why the doctor was at her home in the first place.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

The beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
    I was saddened to hear on the news that her death was a suicide. After reading the links posted here, I don't know that I believe that. I really don't understand the point of the trash bag either. I really hope her parents pressure the police to investigate this further.

I know he was her doctor, but how did he know she didn't go to the tournament? Were they that close? It seems more than a doctor/patient relationship.

This just doesn't add up to me.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to browneyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    I'm so totally confused about this "suicide". Usually one takes as many pills as possible to create a drug-induced slumber in order to peacefully die. Why then would she introduce/secure a plastic bag over her head which would automatically create panic from the lack of oxygen? I don't get this whole scenario at all.

I am also wondering about why the doctor was at her home in the first place.
    It is very odd to me. Maybe she put it loosely over her head to die quicker? Don't know if I totally buy it either.
    [/I]

30. The Following User Says Thank You to mysterygirl For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast