NY NY - Irondequoit, WhtFem 14-23, 122UFNY, skeletal in shallow grave, front teeth overlap, Jul'88

kylie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) UP2607

Unidentified: Town of Irondequoit, Monroe County, NY

122UFNY2.jpg
122UFNY3.jpg
122UFNY4.jpg
122UFNY1.jpg
122UFNY6.jpg

Reconstructions of the victim; close up of teeth.

Audrey Lynn Nerenberg

just put her name in the doe network search engine- she'll pop right up

The estimated date of death on the unidentified girl is between 1972 and 1978. Audrery vanished in 1977.

<MOD NOTE: Original links broken throughout this thread have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of October 9, 2022>

Last edited by a moderator:
Kylie, everything fits so far except that Audry had a gap between her two, upper front teeth, and that is not depicted in the Princess Doe on The Doe Network. But, at this point I would consider that a minor detail.

I don't know if they have much in the way of dentals for the Princes Doe found in Monroe County, but there are dentals for Audry. The only other thing that I have a question about is that the Princess Doe was found in upstate NY, and Audry was from Brooklyn.

But, she could have been taken there after being abducted or taking a ride from someone. I have to assume the Princess Doe was murdered because she was found in a shallow grave without clothing.

The resemblance and the matching of details is impressive. I don't usually jump to report anything, but I think I will turn this info in to the investigative agency. If there are dentals for the Princess Doe, or there are other common, unique similarities this may be relatively simple to check out.

ETA: Kylie, I just realised that you may want to turn this in (sticking foot in my mouth icon). Please let me know if you wish to do this, for it was you who saw the resemblance and similar descriptions for the two girls. If you would rather that I do this, then I will let them know that you discovered this possible match. I am so sorry to have jumped the gun and offered to report this before even asking you how you felt about it.

Lion

Wow, that really looks good to me, kylie. I hope you call that one in. Good luck.

Hi Taxi:). The dates and the description work for the most part, and the geography is fairly close. I edited my post to say that I was sorry for jumping the gun and that kylie should have first choice in submitting this. What was I thinking? Brain surge perhaps.

Lion

I'm sure it's all good. It's easy to get excited about a potential match!

I wish there was a place here to list the matches members here have made. That's not an easy "job" to do. I have to be in a certain mood to do it, and it can sure get depressing looking at all the unidentified and missing people out there. :(

No please, go ahead and report this...your point about the dentals is well taken. Still there is just something about the shape of the mouth and the details that fit with Audrey. Her features are strong, like Audrey's.

Yes, we should have an organized site in the form of a chart to report who has been checked for a match. I notice on the Doe site now some of the police agencies are listing at the bottom who has been ruled out which is a good idea.

kylie, have you ever called one in before?

I was always afraid (don't know why) but I have done 3 so far and it gets easier every time. No matches here that I know of. Two never even responded back! lol

That's a really good idea about listing who they don't match to on those sites!! Someday we'll have the perfect system in place....

No please, go ahead and report this...your point about the dentals is well taken. Still there is just something about the shape of the mouth and the details that fit with Audrey. Her features are strong, like Audrey's.

Thank you for being so understanding, kylie:). The conflict, if there even is one is minimal--unless they have spot on dentals for this Princess Doe. That her remains were buried for about 10-15 years means that they may have found her teeth, and her maxilla is likely present. But, it may be that if this is Audrey, they may not have seen the gap or they may have only had partial dentals.

Tomorrow I will call both agencies and see if I can get email addys to send all info to both Monroe Cnty and Brooklyn.

Lion

I found another interesting case that I will post on the Unidentified thread if there is one. I remember hearing about it a while back.

That's a really good idea about listing who they don't match to on those sites!! Someday we'll have the perfect system in place....

I think we need a national, all inclusive missing and UID site. There would be sooooo many, so there should be a variety of search engines within the site (by state, by date of discovery, date last seen, by height, by age, by sex, etc...). I find going to countless sites very time consuming and at times frustrating. But, it would be huge job and require a large group of dedicated folks to do it. Well, maybe one day it will be done.

Lion

The Doe Network:
Case File 104DFNY

ANerenburg.jpg

ANerenburg1.jpg
ANerenberg2.jpg

Left and Center: Nerenberg, circa 1977; Right: Age-progression to age 45 (circa 2004)
Audrey Lyn Nerenberg
Missing since July 15, 1977 from New York City, New York County, New York.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: September 24, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4; 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks: She has freckles on her face, shoulders, and hands.
Clothing: Cut-off dungaree shorts, a blue tube top and open-toe clear plastic shoes at the time she was last seen, as well as $2 to buy a pack of cigarettes. Nerenberg was also carrying a small brown shoulder bag.
Medical Conditions: Nerenberg has been diagnosed with hebephrenic schizophrenia. Nerenberg was taking the medication Torrozine when she disappeared.
Dentals: Available. She has a small gap between her upper front teeth.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Nerenberg was last seen leaving her family's home in Brooklyn, NY on July 15, 1977.
Nerenberg had been hospitalized for brief periods of time in several New York City borough medical facilities from 1974 - 1977 due to hebephrenic schizophrenia. Nerenberg was an outpatient at Kingsboro Psychiatric Center in Brooklyn at the time she disappeared. She did not carry any identification or medication with her at the time she was last seen. Audrey, who liked shopping at Kings Plaza, had sometimes gotten lost close to home but always had the presence of mind to call her father for help.
She may be listed as an unknown patient ("Jane Doe") in a psychiatric hospital somewhere. Extensive inquiries into New York hospitals by the NY Police Department have been futile.
Nerenberg accompanied her family to the borough of Staten Island during the evening of July 14, 1977, the day prior to her disappearance. They watched a movie at the former Jerry Lewis Theater on Forest Avenue in Mariners Harbor on the Island.
She enjoyed shopping, music and dancing in 1977.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of Nerenberg, please contact:
New York City Police Department
Missing Persons' Squad
212-473-2042
Agency Case Number:
NCMEC #:
NCMC603933
NCIC Number:
M-742560258
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
New York State Police Department
New York City Police Department
The Story Of Audrey Lyn Nerenberg
The Brooklyn Skyline
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
NCMA

Source: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/104dfny.html

Thanks for the link, meggilyweggily! There was some good info about the circumstances of Audrey's disappearance there.

Lion

I spoke with Dave from the ME's office in Monroe County, NY regarding the unidentified Princess (I say Princess because the unidentified are Prince's and Princess's to me instead of John's and Jane's). I just emailed all pertinent info, including pics, all written info, and links to them, and they said they would evaluate it.

Then I called NYC missing persons. I initially spoke with a nice woman who told me that I need to fax the info. I said it may take some time because I haven't got a working fax, so I will need to find time to get it done. A bit later in the conversation she asked for the missing girl's name, and when I told her it was Audrey Nerenberg, she put me on hold. She got back on the phone and said that the Detective in charge was just given that case and that he may want to talk with me. She said that he went out into the field, but that he would call me later and that I would likely be emailing him with the info.

Sad, but touching is that Audrey's father still calls regularly to see if there are any new details in Audrey's case. Gosh, it was over 30 years ago that this beautiful girl went missing, and she is apparently still in his mind and heart at the forefront. Now that's love. I wish that Audrey could be found alive in relatively reasonably good health. But, if this dear girl is no longer alive, I hope and pray that her remains are found. Perhaps this is her, and hopefully time will tell.

Lion

Thanks for doing the foot work on this one...I just had a funny feeling when I saw that sketch. Audrey's case has always stayed with me.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/122ufny.html

This might rule her out as they have wider time periods here for her birth and death. They say death could have been 1958- 1978. They also mention gold fillings in her teeth. That should easily be able to be checked with Audrey's dentals.

I wonder if there are any typos in there because this is sure much different than what is on the other site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back