UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

darlin gal

Reaction score
LAYTON, Utah - Layton Police issue an endangered persons alert after a 4-year-old boy goes missing. Ethan Stacy was last seen in his apartment near 1425 North and 586 West around 11 o'clock Monday night. Ethan is 4 feet, 4 inches tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing blue and red spiderman pajamas. Police say the child has a history of walking out of the apartment in the middle of the night. If you see him, please call police.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-story-endangered-person-alert-in-layton,0,6725431.story

1sfxtt.jpg

He's been missing all night and no Amber Alert. He is FOUR years old.

Poor little guy, Did you know you have 4/10 instead of 5/10??

LAYTON, Utah - Layton Police issue an endangered persons alert after a 4-year-old boy goes missing. Ehtan Stacy was last seen in his apartment near 1425 North and 586 West around 11 o'clock Monday night. Ehtan is 4 feet, 4 inches tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing blue and red spiderman pajamas. Police say the child has a history of walking out of the apartment in the middle of the night. If you see him, please call police.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-story-endangered-person-alert-in-layton,0,6725431.story

1sfxtt.jpg

He's been missing all night and no Amber Alert. He is FOUR years old.

Is the date correct? He has been missing since April?

I corrected the date. It was me trying to think to early without caffeine. ;)

I hope they find him soon, he has a history of wandering away, I think I would install childproof locks!! Scarey!!

Aw, what a cutie. He reminds me of our little guy, right down to the glasses and spiderman pjs :(

Praying hard he's found soon!

Nothing new?

I hope that he has been located. What a little cutie pie.

Poor baby. I hope is found safe soon.

He must be really scared if he wondered off and got lost.
But you would think, there are a lot of people around apartments. Someone maybe would have seen him.

I just hope no one saw him alone and took him.

Praying hard for this precious child.

Says this little guy walks out in the middle of the night - wonder if he is sleepwalking? Or is there a place he wants to go? Hope he is found safe real soon.

http://www.standard.net/topics/search-and-rescue/2010/05/11/boy-4-reported-missing-layton

LAYTON -- Police are asking for help in locating a 4-year-old Layton boy who has been missing since late last night.

Ethan Stacy was last seen in his apartment at 1425 N. 586 West around 11 p.m. Stacy was wearing Spiderman pajamas and is 4 feet 4 inches tall, 50 pounds with blue eyes and blond hair.

Police say Stacy is from Virginia and has been in the area for about 10 days staying with his mother and step-father. They told officers this is not the first time Stacy has snuck out of the apartment since he arrived in Utah, said Lt. Garret Atkin.

Police do not suspect Stacy was abducted at this point, but about 40 officers, as well as search and rescue crews, are scouring the area trying to find the missing boy. Atkin said they are very concerned because Stacy was not dressed to keep warm in the wet weather and he is not familar with the area. Officers have also interviewed sex offenders nearby.

Anyone with information is asked to call Layton Police at (801) 497-8300.

Police are searching a Layton neighborhood for a 4-year-old boy who's been missing since Monday night. Volunteers are helping with the effort at the Layton Meadows apartments at 580 West and 1425 North. Police set up a command post at the Layton Hills Mall parking lot.
Searchers are going door to door handing out a missing child flier with Ethan Stacy's picture on it. Also, police are using a reverse 911 call system to alert neighbors that the boy is missing.
An Endangered Person's Alert describes him as 4 foot 4 inches tall, 50 pounds with blue eyes and blond hair. He was last seen wearing Spiderman pajamas. If you've seen him you're asked to call Layton City police at 801-497-8300.
Ethan was last seen by his mother around 11 p.m. when she tucked him into bed. Around midnight she went to check on him, realized he was missing and called police.
The boy is new to the area. He lived with his biological father in Virginia but 10 days ago came to live with his mother and stepfather for the summer. His mother tells police during those 10 days, he's walked out of the home five times during the night, but he was always found in the apartment complex.
"If you base it off his history and the information we have, we don't have anything to say this would be an abduction, simply a case where we have a child not where he should be. We're concerned about his safety," says Gerrat Atkin of the Layton City Police Department.
Police have searched the complex and surrounding area and they have not found any sign of Ethan. They're very concerned because he is wearing only pajamas and it's cold outside.
Police say the boy has no history of mental illness, nothing that would contribute to his disappearance or cause him to walk away from the home. They say he's had a very tough time adjusting to new living arrangements for the summer. They tell us he hasn't had time to make any friends in the area so they don't think he would go to a specific apartment. They think he maybe wandering the area, maybe hiding somewhere.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10728945

Praying little Ethan is found safe soon!

Ethan was last seen by his mother around 11 p.m. when she tucked him into bed. Around midnight she went to check on him, realized he was missing and called police.

The boy is new to the area. He lived with his biological father in Virginia but 10 days ago came to live with his mother and stepfather for the summer. His mother tells police during those 10 days, he's walked out of the home five times during the night, but he was always found in the apartment complex.

First of all... they live in an apartment. If she wasn't asleep (and it seems she wasn't if she checked on him an hour after putting him down for the night) how did he get OUT of the apartment without her or stepfather seeing him?

Second... five times in ten days????? After the first time or two, what did they do to prevent it from happening again? If nothing else, sleep with the child between the two of them. WTH?

Thanks I was thinking the same things Calliope. with my little one if he even gets out of bed I hear the little pitter patter of feet from the lower level- and before becoming a parent when I rented out my second bedroom my roommates that worked nights and came home at 12-1am ALWAYS breifly woke me for a few min hearing the door open and close. Even when they did so quietly, still woke me.

What happened in that hour between 11 and 12 pm? If she put him to bed or checked on him at 11 and then again in an hour did she fall into such a deep sleep in that hour she wouldn't have heard him? Also, from what I recall about those type of apartments, if they need to access a fire door from the hallway into the stair well area to the exit those doors can be heavy! They are also designed to automatically shut. So in an hour she doesn't hear a thing? Maybe if she was showering.

I wonder if any neighbors heard anything. I hope he is ok....and found quickly and safe.

Aw, c'mon, man! The first time your little child does that, you understand you need to be aware of it, second time it happens, you know you got a problem and need to address it to keep the little guy safe. What's up with this?

Very judgmental of me, I know, but you know what? I am sick of kids getting hurt because parents don't make the effort to be parents. You got kids? Guess what, their safety and well being comes first. Whoa, it's too early in the morning for me to get this agitated, sorry, just can't stand to see kids endangered like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10