Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #1

Wonder why moms mug hasn't showed up yet ....
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    Darlin Gal, somehow the Thanks button just didn't seem right for the picture, but thank you for posting. Heartbreaking, nothing short of heartbreaking.
    Yes, but AP needs to edit their caption. "Investigators with the Weber County Sheriff's Office carry a blue bag down a mountain trail near the Powder Mountain Ski Resort in Eden, Utah following an all-day search for a missing 4-year-old boy from the nearby town of Layton, Tuesday, May 11, 2010. Ethan Stacy was last seen in bed by his mother in their apartment late Monday night. (AP Photo/Colin E. Braley)"

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Even if you ran a criminal background check - you wouldn't be too alarmed, he's not a registered sex offender. Of course we know hints of violence can later turn into murder - but how would a 21 yo know that. She had to be pregnant at 16 or so, maybe daddy isn't that great. MOO mho and all that stuff.
    I believe she is 27
    ~True strength is being able to keep it together when everyone else expects you to fall apart.~

http://www.sheriannherboys.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CCup For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I agree. It was speculated earlier within the thread that perhaps mom was trying to get away from a bad relationship. If that is the case, then one should PASS on visits with their child until they can ensure a safe environment. Clearly in this case, the mom CHOSE to allow her son to come to her home and into whatever abusive situation she had and CHOSE to take her son AWAY from the safer environment with his bio daddy. She is as equally responsible and reprehensible in my eyes for NOT putting her child first!

JMVHO
    Seems that would be incongruous with what someone else posted showing that mom just married step-dad 10 days ago!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:

How was she allowed by courts to bring the child into a home with a person with a criminal record? There must be charges for that as well...I wonder if Ethan's father about his background? He should have been able to prevent the visit, if he did, I would think...so maybe he did not. Or the mother lied about him living with her.

I don't think a plea deal could have been reached so early on...or needs to be honored if some kind of promise was made, not sure. But it is possible the charges she does face would equal a life sentence. I think maybe she discovered what the BF had done and helped him with the "after" part...which possibly could keep her from the murder charge if she was not there or awake when it happened...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Intent to manufacture? Meth?
    C/S stands for controlled substance .

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    Seems that would be incongruous with what someone else posted showing that mom just married step-dad 10 days ago!
    I think the person that posted the May 1 date meant that was when the boy came to be with his mother, not that she and the step father had been married on that date.

Thank the Gods that he was caught and can't hurt any more children. One is horrific enough.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

Rest in peace little Ethan - may justice be swift and severe. Fly with the angels little one.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:

Mom wasn't charged with murder - I bet she made a plea deal and told LE where her son's body was. moo
    from the AP article linked above:

"Atkin said either the mother, stepfather or both revealed the location of Ethan's body and that searchers dug up his remains. Five officers were seen carrying a blue bag out of the woods late Tuesday afternoon."

Even if you ran a criminal background check - you wouldn't be too alarmed, he's not a registered sex offender. Of course we know hints of violence can later turn into murder - but how would a 21 yo know that. She had to be pregnant at 16 or so, maybe daddy isn't that great. MOO mho and all that stuff.
    SS's age is listed as 27.

Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    I think the person that posted the May 1 date meant that was when the boy came to be with his mother, not that she and the step father had been married on that date.
    Atkin said the Sloops were married earlier in May.
    http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...OWwhTWV3Q.cspx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    So many tears, so many tiny little coffins.

Something has to change.
    That's all I've been thinking all afternoon and evening. From when we started waiting, and we knew what we were going to hear, what it going to be.

It has to change. It has to stop. These are people, human beings, not punching bags. Not objects to torture and kill. They're little people.

I really can't stand it any more. Some of these little sweethearts grab you in a special way, and this little guy with his cute little glasses and cute little grin grabbed me. I can't stand to think what he went through. It just has to stop. It HAS to.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    I know... wouldn't meth fall under that statute? Just trying to figure out what c/s can be manufactured. Meth was first thing I thought of.

SS's age is listed as 27.
    Oh, sorry! I saw it posted as 21yo from a news article - they are wrong again. moo
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

I didn't read mom just married step dad 10 days ago- at least not here at WS that I recall.... It was mentioned Ethans biological father was the primary custodial parent and he/Ethan arrived at bio mom and step POS's for 'summer visitation' 10 days ago.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    How was she allowed by courts to bring the child into a home with a person with a criminal record? There must be charges for that as well...I wonder if Ethan's father about his background? He should have been able to prevent the visit, if he did, I would think...so maybe he did not. Or the mother lied about him living with her.

I don't think a plea deal could have been reached so early on...or needs to be honored if some kind of promise was made, not sure. But it is possible the charges she does face would equal a life sentence. I think maybe she discovered what the BF had done and helped him with the "after" part...which possibly could keep her from the murder charge if she was not there or awake when it happened...

There are millions out there parenting and step-parenting with criminal records. It does not preclude you from parenting or being around children, unless you a registered sex-offender and that is a condition of your probabtion/parole.

He was the step-father, not the BF.

I think we will find out this was like Robert Manwill. Dad had custody and mom had court ordered visitation. Dad probably didn't have a choice but to surrender his child to mom, whether he wanted to or not.
    Last edited by darlin gal; 05-11-2010 at 10:03 PM.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

I know... wouldn't meth fall under that statute? Just trying to figure out what c/s can be manufactured. Meth was first thing I thought of.
    I would say yes.

Meth is a schedule I, illegal substance, a felony. It's in the same class I as Marijuana, crack cocaine, LSD, etc. etc.

Prescription drugs are also scheduled if addictive - Schedule II cocaine, oxycontin, etc. This goes all the way to schedule
    V.
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

29. The Following User Says Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    Thanks. I was thinking perhaps C/ meant crack cocaine.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

This whole thing stinks of meth. The viciousness, the pointlessness. The sf looks like a tweaker. Such an evil drug.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to maggieo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    That's all I've been thinking all afternoon and evening. From when we started waiting, and we knew what we were going to hear, what it going to be.

It has to change. It has to stop. These are people, human beings, not punching bags. Not objects to torture and kill. They're little people.

I really can't stand it any more. Some of these little sweethearts grab you in a special way, and this little guy with his cute little glasses and cute little grin grabbed me. I can't stand to think what he went through. It just has to stop. It HAS to.

I agree, his playful little grin and those wide eye spectacles captured me from minute one. I was instantly and forever touched by this little guy.

Changing the thread title to "found dead" made me physically ill.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Just got in from the ballpark and am so upset over this. When will this carp end???

But, I'm not shocked....I knew right away when they said he had run off 5 times in 10 days they were setting something up. NOBODY would let a child run off 5 times in 10 days without fixing the door so he couldn't get out, or staying by his side 24/7.

I hope they both fry.

Rest in peace Sweet Ethan. I'm so sorry you had to encounter evil on Earth. Fly with the angels now and know you are safe.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

There's a vigil set up for Ethan. I just went by and dropped off some flowers and a stuffed animal. There were lots of flowers there as well...it's great to see the community outpour.

Rest in peace Ethan. Fly with the angels sweet boy.

39. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    Thank the Gods that he was caught and can't hurt any more children. One is horrific enough.
    Sure he can, in Utah. Believe it or not, he can get as little as 20 years for aggravated (capital) murder in Utah. He could be out when he's in his early 50's. That's plenty of time to hurt more children.

"76-3-206. Capital felony -- Penalties.
    (1) A person who has pled guilty to or been convicted of a capital felony shall be sentenced in accordance with Section 76-3-207. That sentence shall be death, an indeterminate prison term of not less than 20 years and which may be for life, or, on or after April 27, 1992, life in prison without parole.
    (2) (a) The judgment of conviction and sentence of death is subject to automatic review by the Utah State Supreme Court within 60 days after certification by the sentencing court of the entire record unless time is extended an additional period not to exceed 30 days by the Utah State Supreme Court for good cause shown.
    (b) The review by the Utah State Supreme Court has priority over all other cases and shall be heard in accordance with rules promulgated by the Utah State Supreme Court.

Amended by Chapter 209, 2001 General Session"

BBM

http://law.justia.com/utah/codes/title76/76_03021.html

41. The Following User Says Thank You to CharlestonGal For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast