Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2010.05.11 - "The irony is rich!"

2010.05.11 - "The irony is rich!"

In honour of Judge Stan Strickland and his insight.

Mr. Ashton used this expression today at the motion to preclude the death penalty hearing and it made me realize just how important this expression is in this trial.

Because this expression is proving to have some staying power, it might be interesting to list how many things are ironic in this case, either before KC's arrest or between the defence and procecution sides.

Watching the Lyon's and Baez's hypocrisy is amusing but on a serious note, it might be an eye-opening exercise from this perspective!
    It's the journey, not the destination.

Disney (owns ABC) paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to KC. No...maybe this is criminal, not ironic.

Ironic is getting a tattoo "bella vita" and...either being in prison the rest of your life, or getting the needle.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    The "ZANNY invisa NANNY" myspace created had a pic of "Dora The Explorer" a cartoon globe trotting child. not an adult.
    However, CA wanted us to believe Caylee was alive and traveling with Zanny and this is the only picture ever povided to us from her PC.

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

Caylee murdered the day after Father's day, and Casey's trial starting the day after Mother's day. Oh how rich this irony is.
    Last edited by Aedrys; 05-11-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbrunette View Post
    snipped respectfully!

Were the cameras on during recess? Recess was pretty interesting..JW.
    I was watching IN Session and we only got a small look - can you tell more, please!!!!!!!!!
    Was George there? I watched and I don't think I ever saw him?

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Cindy screaming to the general public to get off of their bums and look for Caylee. It is "do as I say, not as I do" irony.

The WFTV cameras were on but it looks like they deleted the recess when they put the video up. I did see them huddle, then I saw KC crying but had not seen CA talk to her as is reported happened before she cried.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

oh happy day!

Oh, so ironic that they got rid of Judge Strickland because they thought they would get an easier judge and now they have a no nonsense judge that is sticking to the death penalty! Ironies of ironies!

KC saying "I'm absolutely petrified....I know my mother will never forgive me." and yet there she is hearing after hearing. I wonder if KC ever wishes she had not made up all the nanny stuff.
    Last edited by strawberry; 05-11-2010 at 03:07 PM.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaStar View Post
    Oh, so ironic that they got rid of Judge Strickland because they thought they would get an easier judge and now they have a no nonsense judge that is sticking to the death penalty! Ironies of ironies!
    I agree. The demanding of Defense led to the new stricter Judge which is just so IRONIC. A big mistake.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

the attorney stating that the blogs ought to be put to death along with KC

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ks1 For This Useful Post:

KC smiling at her archenemy (during her hearing of killing her daughter to spite her mother), and saying, "Happy Mothers' Day. I love you."

The defense team wanting to have control over KC's friends' testimonies.

"The death penalty is biased against young, white mothers" yet the statistics show that more black men are on death row.

20. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Seriously when Mr. Ashton said that in court today, I had to put my hand over my mouth to stifle laughter. I felt bad for stifling laughter during court, like I saw KC do a couple of times.

BBM

Southernbrunett do tell us more about recess!!! Elaborate...

BTW psstt o/t but how are you and the baby feeling these days?!

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anais For This Useful Post:

ICA cannot plead that she was stressed for caring for Caylee because she constantly left her child with the mother she claims to hate and the father she claims molested her. If she really thought her parents were terrible she would have finished high school and gotten a real job.

She had more support than most single, high school dropouts. There are plenty of single moms with little education working hard every day to provide for their children. They don't kill them when parenting interferes with their need to party.

24. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to goldleaf For This Useful Post:

Seriously when Mr. Ashton said that in court today, I had to put my hand over my mouth to stifle laughter. I felt bad for stifling laughter during court, like I saw KC do a couple of times.

YES, tell us more! I was also watching in session & didnt see all the action.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeLe1953 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    The WFTV cameras were on but it looks like they deleted the recess when they put the video up. I did see them huddle, then I saw KC crying but had not seen CA talk to her as is reported happened before she cried.
    I watched the recess, all huddled round and lots of animated conversation with Lyon and Mason and occasional contributions from Baez, Casey started crying while in this recess and Baez patted her on the head then rubbed/patted her back.
    Last edited by darnudes; 05-11-2010 at 08:04 PM.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

The most ironic thing to me is how JB constantly talks about the media and how KC can't get a fair trial, even accusing JS and the SAO of being media hounds yet no one but JB has been on tv giving interviews.
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:

An old man turned ninety-eight
    He won the lottery and died the next day
    It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
    It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
    And isn't it ironic... don't you think

For Caylee - may justice be served!

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

The irony of JB getting his wish for Judge Strickland to be off the case, and then getting his wish PLUS the added benefit of the most no-nonsense judge on the bench in Orange County, Florida. And the icing on the cake is that I have not seen the smirk on JB's face since the judge change!! Be careful what you wish for, JB!!
    Last edited by Kateyes; 05-12-2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: typo in the word wish

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kateyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    An old man turned ninety-eight
    He won the lottery and died the next day
    It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
    It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
    And isn't it ironic... don't you think

For Caylee - may justice be served!
    Its like rain on your wedding day
    a free ride when you've already paid
    Its the good advice that you just cant take
    and who would have thought it figures...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc[/ame]

I love this song and it so fits!
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:

It is ironic that CA looks so forelorn and pitiful in the courtroom, slumping over with bad posture and holding her hands as if in prayer. She is at last doomed by a situation that she can not control and it seems to be getting the best of her. I can't help wonder if she is thinking of the past and the mistakes she may have made in raising her daughter. I would like to believe that she has regrets and thinks of her lovely grandchild whose life was taken to soon.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EasyGruuvin For This Useful Post:

its ironic how apparently Caylee was "in the way" of KC finding Mr. Right..but now KC is doing her Mr. Right search from her "dorm" in the JAIL

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to affinity For This Useful Post:

Dignity4Victims is offline "Miss Anthony and the truth are strangers" - Judge Strickland
    Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    I was watching IN Session and we only got a small look - can you tell more, please!!!!!!!!!
    Was George there? I watched and I don't think I ever saw him?

Well now, speaking of George.....

Just yesterday, George & Cindy were both in court attendance, and just yesterday, the ever so eloquent Linda Drane Burdick subtly let it be known that June 15th is the date they are going with for Caylee's disappearance, and wouldn't you just know it, the very following day, today, George is absentee from the court room?

And such an important day at that, when the presiding Judge rules on a Death Penalty for George's daughter, one would expect her father would be there, no?

Gosh, I hope George isn't suffering from some sort of guilt for lying to the State about the morning activities of June 16th.

Oh, the irony is rich, indeed!
    Casey says, “the b!tch knows what it feels like now,” referring to her mother, Cindy.

42. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Dignity4Victims For This Useful Post:

Isn't it ironic...

Caylee seems to be gazing up at one of the most important pieces of evidence against her murderer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast