2010.05.11 - "The irony is rich!"

Jomo

Reaction score
In honour of Judge Stan Strickland and his insight.

Mr. Ashton used this expression today at the motion to preclude the death penalty hearing and it made me realize just how important this expression is in this trial.

Because this expression is proving to have some staying power, it might be interesting to list how many things are ironic in this case, either before KC's arrest or between the defence and procecution sides.

Watching the Lyon's and Baez's hypocrisy is amusing but on a serious note, it might be an eye-opening exercise from this perspective!

Disney (owns ABC) paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to KC. No...maybe this is criminal, not ironic.

Ironic is getting a tattoo "bella vita" and...either being in prison the rest of your life, or getting the needle.

The "ZANNY invisa NANNY" myspace created had a pic of "Dora The Explorer" a cartoon globe trotting child. not an adult.
However, CA wanted us to believe Caylee was alive and traveling with Zanny and this is the only picture ever povided to us from her PC.

Caylee murdered the day after Father's day, and Casey's trial starting the day after Mother's day. Oh how rich this irony is.

snipped respectfully!

Were the cameras on during recess? Recess was pretty interesting..JW.

I was watching IN Session and we only got a small look - can you tell more, please!!!!!!!!!
Was George there? I watched and I don't think I ever saw him?

Cindy screaming to the general public to get off of their bums and look for Caylee. It is "do as I say, not as I do" irony.

The WFTV cameras were on but it looks like they deleted the recess when they put the video up. I did see them huddle, then I saw KC crying but had not seen CA talk to her as is reported happened before she cried.

Oh, so ironic that they got rid of Judge Strickland because they thought they would get an easier judge and now they have a no nonsense judge that is sticking to the death penalty! Ironies of ironies!

KC saying "I'm absolutely petrified....I know my mother will never forgive me." and yet there she is hearing after hearing. I wonder if KC ever wishes she had not made up all the nanny stuff.

Oh, so ironic that they got rid of Judge Strickland because they thought they would get an easier judge and now they have a no nonsense judge that is sticking to the death penalty! Ironies of ironies!

I agree. The demanding of Defense led to the new stricter Judge which is just so IRONIC. :laugh: A big mistake.

the attorney stating that the blogs ought to be put to death along with KC

KC smiling at her archenemy (during her hearing of killing her daughter to spite her mother), and saying, "Happy Mothers' Day. I love you."

The defense team wanting to have control over KC's friends' testimonies.

"The death penalty is biased against young, white mothers" yet the statistics show that more black men are on death row.

Seriously when Mr. Ashton said that in court today, I had to put my hand over my mouth to stifle laughter. I felt bad for stifling laughter during court, like I saw KC do a couple of times.

BBM

Southernbrunett do tell us more about recess!!! Elaborate...

BTW psstt o/t but how are you and the baby feeling these days?! :eek:

ICA cannot plead that she was stressed for caring for Caylee because she constantly left her child with the mother she claims to hate and the father she claims molested her. If she really thought her parents were terrible she would have finished high school and gotten a real job.

She had more support than most single, high school dropouts. There are plenty of single moms with little education working hard every day to provide for their children. They don't kill them when parenting interferes with their need to party.

Seriously when Mr. Ashton said that in court today, I had to put my hand over my mouth to stifle laughter. I felt bad for stifling laughter during court, like I saw KC do a couple of times.

YES, tell us more! I was also watching in session & didnt see all the action.

The WFTV cameras were on but it looks like they deleted the recess when they put the video up. I did see them huddle, then I saw KC crying but had not seen CA talk to her as is reported happened before she cried.

I watched the recess, all huddled round and lots of animated conversation with Lyon and Mason and occasional contributions from Baez, Casey started crying while in this recess and Baez patted her on the head then rubbed/patted her back.

The most ironic thing to me is how JB constantly talks about the media and how KC can't get a fair trial, even accusing JS and the SAO of being media hounds yet no one but JB has been on tv giving interviews.

An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
And isn't it ironic... don't you think

For Caylee - may justice be served!

The irony of JB getting his wish for Judge Strickland to be off the case, and then getting his wish PLUS the added benefit of the most no-nonsense judge on the bench in Orange County, Florida. And the icing on the cake is that I have not seen the smirk on JB's face since the judge change!! Be careful what you wish for, JB!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back