NE NE - Sierra Wilcox, 4, Tekamah, 1 May 2010

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Tekamah boy accused of killing half sister
Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:42 am

uthorities have arrested a 14-year-old Tekamah boy on allegations he murdered and sexually assaulted his 4-year-old half sister.

Christian Wilcox was arrested Monday, the Nebraska State Patrol announced in a press release Tuesday. He has been charged with first-degree murder and first-degree sexual assault in the death of Sierra Wilcox.

Sierra was among four family members inside a house at 1110 Q St. in Tekamah when a fire broke out on a stovetop in the kitchen. Firefighters found her body on the main floor and an autopsy was preformed.

During an investigation, indications of foul play were discovered, the State Patrol reported.

http://fremonttribune.com/news/local/article_1255efd8-5d1e-11df-8f7e-001cc4c002e0.html

23374837_640X480.jpg

Rest in peace, Sierra Wilcox.

Sierra Wilcox, 4, died in the blaze while she slept on a couch. Her mother, who was asleep upstairs, smelled smoke and tried to put out the flames that started on a kitchen stove top, investigators said. The mother was driven back by the thick smoke.

Christian Wilcox has been charged as an adult with first-degree murder and first-degree sexual assault. He was taken into custody on Monday, investigators said.

http://www.ketv.com/mostpopular/23516328/detail.html#

Teen Faces Murder Charges in Half-Sister's Death

Posted: May 11, 2010 11:18 AM EDT

This follows the house fire at 1110 Q Street in Tekamah. The 4-year-old was one of four family members inside the home when a stove fire broke out. She died inside the home. At first, the fire appeared to be accidental, but during the investigation, signs of foul play were found.

Christian Wilcox was taken into custody Monday following a fire investigation by the Burt County Attorney's Office, the Nebraska State Patrol, the State Fire Marshal's Office, the Tekamah Police Department and the Burt County Sheriff's Office.

Christian Wilcox is being charged as an adult, booked in the Madison County Juvenile Detention Center.

http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12462691

OMG....this is so sad. What a beautifu little girl.

bilde

Sierra's mother, Kaylee Magill, 27, told Shada that she was sleeping upstairs with a 5-year-old daughter when she awoke to the smell of smoke and tried to put out a fire in the kitchen.

Magill told Shada that Sierra and Christian were asleep on a couch in the basement. Everyone got out of the house safely except Sierra, who was discovered by firefighters on the main floor of the residence. A preliminary investigation found she died of smoke inhalation.

Deb Collins, a spokeswoman for the Nebraska State Patrol, said an autopsy was conducted the next day and indications of foul play were discovered.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100511/NEWS97/100519927

This is so sad :(
It does not sound like there were smoke detectors in the house since the mother was only alerted by smelling smoke.
A few weeks ago there was a fire that killed a little girl up in Salt Lake, the rest of the family was able to get out, also a very sad situation. I remember hearing later that there would be an autopsy and I understood that they do have to find out if there was foul play and the fire set to try and cover it up. I have not heard anything else in that case so I am assuming that it was just an accidental fire with tragic results. They also did not have smoke alarms!

VB

I don't know where all these stories come from but I cant take much more ! This poor precious baby .. I am so sorry :(

O/T but the smoke alarm thing scares me to death. I take enough medicine at night to knock out a horse in order to be able to go to sleep. One night, a dumb friend of my daughter's accidentally set fire to a trash can full of paper. The whole can was raging and starting to catch the carpet on fire. There was a lot of smoke and the detectors were going off. Neither my husband nor I heard a thing. My daughter burned her hand pretty badly as she grabbed the trash can and ran into the bathroom and threw it in the tub. If she hadn't, there is no doubt in my mind, we would have had serious damage. But, now I'm really paranoid because we didn't hear the alarm. Our bedroom is actually two separate rooms, so there was one room in between, but that's all. The alarm is right outside our outer bedroom door.

Did I read the article correctly that the mother told that the little girl and her 14-year old step-brother were sleeping on the sofa in the basement? Who allows a 14 year old boy to sleep with his four year old step-sister? I'm not blaming the mother because the fault is with the fourteen year old, but it just didn't sound right to me.

That caught my eye as well, lizzybeth. It hit me the same way, but I didn't quite know what to make of it. For instance, if they had been watching TV and fell asleep or something. But, that isn't what it sounded like, is it?

That caught my eye as well, lizzybeth. It hit me the same way, but I didn't quite know what to make of it. For instance, if they had been watching TV and fell asleep or something. But, that isn't what it sounded like, is it?

No, it didn't. It almost sounded like it was the usual. I guess your theory would make sense. I think I would still pick the four year old and put her in her bed.

Well I think most 14-yr old could restrain themselves from raping and killing a 4-yr old girl, no matter who she is. This 14-yr old is obviously another story and probably will have had some warning signs of "off" behavior that were not taken seriously...no one likes to think there is anything wrong with their kid.

Exclusive: Father Talks About Teenage Son Accused of Killing, Sexually Assaulting Daughter

Posted: May 11, 2010 11:18 AM EDT

A teenage boy is arrested, charged as an adult with First Degree Murder and First Degree Sexual Assault. Investigators believe Christian Wilcox, 14, sexually assaulted and killed his own sister, four-year-old Sierra Wilcox, on Saturday, May 1st. Investigators also believe Christian set the family home on fire to cover the crime. "Supposedly she died of smoke inhalation. She had no smoke in her lungs," says their father, Phillip Wilcox.

snip

With his son facing charges, Phillip Wilcox says he never saw any warning signs, and he's struggling to understand how it came to this. "What can I say, I thought I had them protected. I thought I lived in a nice place where everybody was protected," he says.

Wilcox is also struggling with what to tell his other little girl. She's left to go on without Sierra, her sister, her best friend. "It's hard to explain to a 7-year-old. Right now, all she knows is that she's in heaven with my brother," says Wilcox.

http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12462691

That is what happened. It is not like it was a regular thing that they slept in the same room. The girls shared a room..the dad was out of town so the older girl slept with her mom and the other 2 fell asleep on the couch.

Its just horrible to think that a boy that age could do something to a girl her age..let alone his own half sister. It makes me want to vomit.

Drat. Lost my composure on this one. My two youngest daughters are "best friends" in the same way it sounds like Sierra and her sister were. Inseparable. Experiencing the wonder of each new day together. And now the sister is utterly alone.

And that poor, poor father...

...I thought I had them protected. I thought I lived in a nice place where everybody was protected," he says.

This family may never recover.

Quote:
...I thought I had them protected. I thought I lived in a nice place where everybody was protected," he says.

You know...it is a very nice place to live. Small town of not even 2000 people where everyone knows everyone else. Nothing bad ever happens there.

But you're right..the girls WERE best friends. If you ever saw Trista out and about, Seirra would be right there with her..this tragedy has not only taken its toll on the family, but the community as well. It is the first time they've had to deal with something like this.

What in the world do you do when the enemy comes from within? I'm so sorry for all that this family is suffering and will be suffering in the coming months and years as this wends its way through the court system. They've really not only lost one child, but two.

This is heartbreaking! Poor wee one, rest in peace.

The 14 year old is not exactly starting his life off on a good note. Sickening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back