Sinkhole Swallows House, Family Missing

STEADFAST

Reaction score
A family dog has been found alive at a rural property in Saint-Jude, Que., where the land gave way Monday night, sweeping away a house and leaving a family of four missing. .

"He apparently carries his cellphone all the time with him. He has it on his belt, even when he is within the house," Beauchemin told CTV's Canada AM from Saint-Jude on Tuesday morning.
"So, what they tried to do overnight is to call that cellphone to try to see whether he would answer that and they could hear the cellphone ring at times, but there was no one who picked up. No signs of life."
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...dslide-yamaska-100511/20100511?hub=CanadaAMV2

That's horrible! "The dog was found in a severely weakened state."

Prayers and thought going out to this faimly, I hope they are ok!

Most of the time when I've seen cases of sinkholes on the news it's been unoccupied cars that have been swallowed up. This is so sad.

I just watched this on the news, unbelieveable............it's mother nature at her worse.
I hope family is found safe!

The area of the country I live in has sink holes .. but I have never heard of it swallowing people .. its sounds like a Sci-Fy movie ..how awful..

I read a story like this(not exactly a sinkhole but a mudslide) in (I believe it was Reader's Digest) a magazine once...
It struck in the middle of the night, there was a mom, dad, infant and toddler...IIRC everyone survived BUT the toddler...it was heartbreaking...just heart-breaking.

The OPs link has been updated faimly perished, so sad RIP

Aw man. Thanks Poppy. RIP and prayers for their families. :(

May their souls rest in peace and may the Lord be with the doggie, in Jesus' Name, amen!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back