Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #3

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #3

Please continue here.

Link to thread #2

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103873"]Found Deceased CA-Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 4/25/10 #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Last edited by Cubby; 05-11-2010 at 05:30 PM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Have police formally announced any POI's or suspects in her case?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    Have police formally announced any POI's or suspects in her case?
    No, not as of the noon news. They are playing this one very close to the vest.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

Not to my knowledge yet.

Link- previous Thread in case anyone needs to reference a post.

CA-Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 4/25/10 #2

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2C+4%2F25%2F10

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FifthEssence For This Useful Post:

Have we seen anything yet of search warrants for vehicles in this case? This seems odd, if not...why search home and business and not cars? Especially now...
    Just my opinion, of course.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Cops Search Home of Slain Nurse's Married Boss
    Police Withhold Cause of Death in Probe of Nurse Phuong Le's Homicide

BY EAMON McNIFF
    May 11, 2010

Not exactly sure what is new in this article, the title seems deceptive but...

"ABC News talked briefly with Nguyen today.

"I'm cooperating with the police and the FBI right now. Been tiring. I can't comment on anything," Nguyen, 41, said.

"I'm very sad, and very upset," he said.

Le's brother Dinh told News 10, confirming it appeared to be romantic. Huong Le, another Le brother, told News 10 that Nguyen was married with children.

"That looks really strange to us because he's been a really good friend to our family," said Dinh, 31. "We didn't know they had a relationship like that. We didn't know at all.""

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:

The facts of the case lead me to resist (in my own mind) eliminating TN from the pool of possible POI's, but thus far, all interviews with him, what we know of his behavior in public...nothing's perked my instincts, KWIM? Seems like in every other case like this that I've followed here on WS, I get some movement from my inner-compass. It's just not so in this case.
    'Ailina - Freelance Author, Home Educator
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ailinawillis

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

I agree...I am not reading suspicious behavior into anything TN has said/done or not said so far, depsite what the experts on NG said last night. He seems to be cooperating with LE and that is the only group he needs to cooperate with...media may not like it but IMO he should not talk to them at this time. I have not seen that he is hiding behind a lawyer, although he may have one. Still, if he was indeed more than a friend, percentages are not in his favor...as far as being a POI and even the killer...of course there is nothing to say that he and she did have an affair and she was still abducted by someone else, either...I know LE has to keep quiet on all major aspects of a case like this, but it can be frsutrating for those of us who have been "living" it from the start...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I agree...I am not reading suspicious behavior into anything TN has said/done or not said so far, depsite what the experts on NG said last night. He seems to be cooperating with LE and that is the only group he needs to cooperate with...media may not like it but IMO he should not talk to them at this time. I have not seen that he is hiding behind a lawyer, although he may have one. Still, if he was indeed more than a friend, percentages are not in his favor...as far as being a POI and even the killer...of course there is nothing to say that he and she did have an affair and she was still abducted by someone else, either...I know LE has to keep quiet on all major aspects of a case like this, but it can be frsutrating for those of us who have been "living" it from the start...
    Agreed on all points. Yes, there is the intimate relationship (whatever that did or did not entail), the fact he was last contact (as far as we know), and his accessibility to her. Does cast some suspicion, doesn't it?

But beyond that? Not much.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

I just hope there's some forensics on the body that will lead LE to the killer. Still having my doubts on Nguyen -- meaning I don't think he did it. Could be wrong though.

MOO

Mel

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ailina View Post
    The facts of the case lead me to resist (in my own mind) eliminating TN from the pool of possible POI's, but thus far, all interviews with him, what we know of his behavior in public...nothing's perked my instincts, KWIM? Seems like in every other case like this that I've followed here on WS, I get some movement from my inner-compass. It's just not so in this case.
    I have the same thoughts. Good post.

Mel

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ailina View Post
    I also agree with you. In many cases, you do get that "feeling" that someone is involved but I'm not getting it either.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cj1132 For This Useful Post:

Police told FOX40's Rowena Shaddox they were looking for a murder weapon of some kind outside of Solano County all day Tuesday, and would be out of the office for the next several days while police continue their investigation. It was not known where specifically investigators were looking.

Police initially told reporters there no visible signs of trauma were found on Le's body, but according to FOX40 sources, that information changed following an autopsy. Authorities also told FOX40 News Le's body was found partially-clothed.
    http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,1264923.story
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Cops Search Home of Slain Nurse's Married Boss
    Police Withhold Cause of Death in Probe of Nurse Phuong Le's Homicide

BY EAMON McNIFF
    May 11, 2010

Not exactly sure what is new in this article, the title seems deceptive but...

"ABC News talked briefly with Nguyen today.

"I'm cooperating with the police and the FBI right now. Been tiring. I can't comment on anything," Nguyen, 41, said.

"I'm very sad, and very upset," he said.

Le's brother Dinh told News 10, confirming it appeared to be romantic. Huong Le, another Le brother, told News 10 that Nguyen was married with children.

"That looks really strange to us because he's been a really good friend to our family," said Dinh, 31. "We didn't know they had a relationship like that. We didn't know at all.""
    I can't find the link right now, but didn't TN deny a romantic relationship with Phuong? And her brothers didn't know about it. So I'm curious just how this "relationship" came to light? I'm either forgetting or overlooked something. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

28. The Following User Says Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    Police told FOX40's Rowena Shaddox they were looking for a murder weapon of some kind outside of Solano County all day Tuesday, and would be out of the office for the next several days while police continue their investigation. It was not known where specifically investigators were looking.

Police initially told reporters there no visible signs of trauma were found on Le's body, but according to FOX40 sources, that information changed following an autopsy. Authorities also told FOX40 News Le's body was found partially-clothed.
    Finally some information about her clothing!
    Rest in Peace

30. The Following User Says Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post

Oh no, no, no...I SO did not want this to be an element. (heavy heart)

(sigh) It makes me sick to speculate about this, but I'm thinking, what kind of weapon would leave injuries that were not apparent on the initial observation?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

Phoung was found partially clothed (sexual assault?)

We have now been notified there are signs of trauma to the body that were not first observed.

LE are looking in the area for a weapon - (gun? Knife? rope? hatchett? hammer?). l
    this is all important information for our sleuthing. moo
    Last edited by eyes4crime; 05-11-2010 at 08:31 PM.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Phoung was found partially clothed (sexual assault?)

We have now been notified there were signs of trauma to the body

LE are looking in the area for a weapon - (gun? Knife? rope? hatchett? hammer?). l
    this is all important information for our sleuthing. moo
    And IMO this information is pointing away from TN. MOO
    Rest in Peace

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    I can't find the link right now, but didn't TN deny a romantic relationship with Phuong? And her brothers didn't know about it. So I'm curious just how this "relationship" came to light? I'm either forgetting or overlooked something. MOO
    I don't remember TN categorically denying a "romantic relationship." He denied she was pregnant. And from what I remember, reports have implied the relationship was "romantic." It was and has been stated so in the press several times. But from what I remember from the first presser, LE didn't use the word "romantic." Didn't they say the relationship was just "more" than a working relationship (or a phrase closely related)?

I'd have to go back and view the video, but I've been functioning under the assumption we just don't know what kind of relationship it was. I've been thinking it was more intimate than a boss-employee relationship, but perhaps not necessarily "romantic" or sexual. We've heard absolutely no evidence at all that would give weight to anything specific, but it seems the press has already settled on the relationship being "romantic."

Just my thoughts on this. Please feel free to jog my memory if there are facts I've overlooked.
    Last edited by 'Ailina; 05-11-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Edited typo: "job" to "jog"

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

Sorry if this has been brought up already. TN was married correct? He was home all day, where was his wife? And if they have kids how old are they?

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    There are several articles that talk about it. It seems it came to light after the search warrants at Thuc's home and business. But, I also think it really came about by the police and FBI going through Phuong's things. Her phone, maybe journals at home, or other writings?

Here is a snippet from one article that I found the use of the word correspondence interesting. A telephone call is not correspondence. Text messaging might be considered correspondence. Written letters? eMail?:

"Nguyen had no comment Monday. Fairfield police wouldn't elaborate on what type of relationship Le and Nguyen had, only saying that it went beyond a typical employer-employee relationship. Nguyen had corresponded with Le as recently as the day she disappeared, police said."

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    Sorry if this has been brought up already. TN was married correct? He was home all day, where was his wife? And if they have kids how old are they?
    It has been brought up, sarx, but I think it's worth repeating again and again! From what I recall, there has been no mention at all of the wife since the comment from TN in the very beginning about LE telling her PL was pregnant.

Someone made a very good point -- TN's wife is not a suspect or POI in any shape, form, or fashion. We should all remember that. However, she could potentially have vital information, and we're all dying to know!

(I haven't heard mention of any children, but someone else may have.)

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post

He is married. He said he was home all day.

No mention of his wife or her whereabouts or even if she could "verify" his being home all day.

No mention of kids that I recall.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

46. The Following User Says Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    There are several articles that talk about it. It seems it came to light after the search warrants at Thuc's home and business. But, I also think it really came about by the police and FBI going through Phuong's things. Her phone, maybe journals at home, or other writings?

Here is a snippet from one article that I found the use of the word correspondence interesting. A telephone call is not correspondence. Text messaging might be considered correspondence. Written letters? eMail?:

"Nguyen had no comment Monday. Fairfield police wouldn't elaborate on what type of relationship Le and Nguyen had, only saying that it went beyond a typical employer-employee relationship. Nguyen had corresponded with Le as recently as the day she disappeared, police said."

Thanks for bumping up the quote, i.b.nora. Yes, that's the excerpt I recall.

I'd hadn't remembered the "correspondence" part either. Great point. No, I wouldn't interpret phone calls to be "correspondence." To me, "correspondence" implies words either written (letters and/or email) or texted.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

I have been assuming LE found e-mails or other documentation of a relationship between Phoung and former boss...since they came out with that right away.

And now they are seeking a murder weapon...I think it if is a weapon of opportunity, such as something that could cause a head wound, for example, that could point to a crime of passion...as opposed to a gun or knife seems more like a predator to me. JMO. They may not be sure what exactly they are seeking...something to match a wound perhaps..

But that news headline is very poorly written...are they saying LE went back to search his home for a murder weapon? Poor reporting running rampant these days...

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast