CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #3

Have police formally announced any POI's or suspects in her case?

Have we seen anything yet of search warrants for vehicles in this case? This seems odd, if not...why search home and business and not cars? Especially now...

Cops Search Home of Slain Nurse's Married Boss
Police Withhold Cause of Death in Probe of Nurse Phuong Le's Homicide

BY EAMON McNIFF
May 11, 2010

Not exactly sure what is new in this article, the title seems deceptive but...

"ABC News talked briefly with Nguyen today.

"I'm cooperating with the police and the FBI right now. Been tiring. I can't comment on anything," Nguyen, 41, said.

"I'm very sad, and very upset," he said.

Le's brother Dinh told News 10, confirming it appeared to be romantic. Huong Le, another Le brother, told News 10 that Nguyen was married with children.

"That looks really strange to us because he's been a really good friend to our family," said Dinh, 31. "We didn't know they had a relationship like that. We didn't know at all.""

The facts of the case lead me to resist (in my own mind) eliminating TN from the pool of possible POI's, but thus far, all interviews with him, what we know of his behavior in public...nothing's perked my instincts, KWIM? Seems like in every other case like this that I've followed here on WS, I get some movement from my inner-compass. It's just not so in this case.

I agree...I am not reading suspicious behavior into anything TN has said/done or not said so far, depsite what the experts on NG said last night. He seems to be cooperating with LE and that is the only group he needs to cooperate with...media may not like it but IMO he should not talk to them at this time. I have not seen that he is hiding behind a lawyer, although he may have one. Still, if he was indeed more than a friend, percentages are not in his favor...as far as being a POI and even the killer...of course there is nothing to say that he and she did have an affair and she was still abducted by someone else, either...I know LE has to keep quiet on all major aspects of a case like this, but it can be frsutrating for those of us who have been "living" it from the start...

I agree...I am not reading suspicious behavior into anything TN has said/done or not said so far, depsite what the experts on NG said last night. He seems to be cooperating with LE and that is the only group he needs to cooperate with...media may not like it but IMO he should not talk to them at this time. I have not seen that he is hiding behind a lawyer, although he may have one. Still, if he was indeed more than a friend, percentages are not in his favor...as far as being a POI and even the killer...of course there is nothing to say that he and she did have an affair and she was still abducted by someone else, either...I know LE has to keep quiet on all major aspects of a case like this, but it can be frsutrating for those of us who have been "living" it from the start...

Agreed on all points. Yes, there is the intimate relationship (whatever that did or did not entail), the fact he was last contact (as far as we know), and his accessibility to her. Does cast some suspicion, doesn't it?

But beyond that? Not much.

I just hope there's some forensics on the body that will lead LE to the killer. Still having my doubts on Nguyen -- meaning I don't think he did it. Could be wrong though.

MOO

Mel

The facts of the case lead me to resist (in my own mind) eliminating TN from the pool of possible POI's, but thus far, all interviews with him, what we know of his behavior in public...nothing's perked my instincts, KWIM? Seems like in every other case like this that I've followed here on WS, I get some movement from my inner-compass. It's just not so in this case.

I have the same thoughts. Good post.

Mel

I also agree with you. In many cases, you do get that "feeling" that someone is involved but I'm not getting it either.

Police told FOX40's Rowena Shaddox they were looking for a murder weapon of some kind outside of Solano County all day Tuesday, and would be out of the office for the next several days while police continue their investigation. It was not known where specifically investigators were looking.

Police initially told reporters there no visible signs of trauma were found on Le's body, but according to FOX40 sources, that information changed following an autopsy. Authorities also told FOX40 News Le's body was found partially-clothed.
http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-news-phuongle0511,0,1264923.story

Cops Search Home of Slain Nurse's Married Boss
Police Withhold Cause of Death in Probe of Nurse Phuong Le's Homicide

BY EAMON McNIFF
May 11, 2010

Not exactly sure what is new in this article, the title seems deceptive but...

"ABC News talked briefly with Nguyen today.

"I'm cooperating with the police and the FBI right now. Been tiring. I can't comment on anything," Nguyen, 41, said.

"I'm very sad, and very upset," he said.

Le's brother Dinh told News 10, confirming it appeared to be romantic. Huong Le, another Le brother, told News 10 that Nguyen was married with children.

"That looks really strange to us because he's been a really good friend to our family," said Dinh, 31. "We didn't know they had a relationship like that. We didn't know at all.""
I can't find the link right now, but didn't TN deny a romantic relationship with Phuong? And her brothers didn't know about it. So I'm curious just how this "relationship" came to light? I'm either forgetting or overlooked something. :waitasec: MOO

Police told FOX40's Rowena Shaddox they were looking for a murder weapon of some kind outside of Solano County all day Tuesday, and would be out of the office for the next several days while police continue their investigation. It was not known where specifically investigators were looking.

Police initially told reporters there no visible signs of trauma were found on Le's body, but according to FOX40 sources, that information changed following an autopsy. Authorities also told FOX40 News Le's body was found partially-clothed.
Finally some information about her clothing!

Oh no, no, no...I SO did not want this to be an element. (heavy heart)

(sigh) It makes me sick to speculate about this, but I'm thinking, what kind of weapon would leave injuries that were not apparent on the initial observation? :(

Phoung was found partially clothed (sexual assault?)

We have now been notified there are signs of trauma to the body that were not first observed.

LE are looking in the area for a weapon - (gun? Knife? rope? hatchett? hammer?). l
this is all important information for our sleuthing. moo

Phoung was found partially clothed (sexual assault?)

We have now been notified there were signs of trauma to the body

LE are looking in the area for a weapon - (gun? Knife? rope? hatchett? hammer?). l
this is all important information for our sleuthing. moo
And IMO this information is pointing away from TN. MOO

I can't find the link right now, but didn't TN deny a romantic relationship with Phuong? And her brothers didn't know about it. So I'm curious just how this "relationship" came to light? I'm either forgetting or overlooked something. :waitasec: MOO

I don't remember TN categorically denying a "romantic relationship." He denied she was pregnant. And from what I remember, reports have implied the relationship was "romantic." It was and has been stated so in the press several times. But from what I remember from the first presser, LE didn't use the word "romantic." Didn't they say the relationship was just "more" than a working relationship (or a phrase closely related)?

I'd have to go back and view the video, but I've been functioning under the assumption we just don't know what kind of relationship it was. I've been thinking it was more intimate than a boss-employee relationship, but perhaps not necessarily "romantic" or sexual. We've heard absolutely no evidence at all that would give weight to anything specific, but it seems the press has already settled on the relationship being "romantic."

Just my thoughts on this. Please feel free to jog my memory if there are facts I've overlooked.

Sorry if this has been brought up already. TN was married correct? He was home all day, where was his wife? And if they have kids how old are they?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back