Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #3

(message snipped)

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Le Family Coming To Grips With Difficult News

...A Barnes & Noble bookstore in Fairfield where Phuong Le worked (HUH???)...
    Yeah, I'm not even seeing a byline on this article, only a station credit. Maybe someone was pushing deadline and skipped proofing? (AND verification?) ??
    'Ailina - Freelance Author, Home Educator
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ailinawillis

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    That Phuong was partially clothed would indicate to me that it was not TN. Partially clothed says stranger to me. I'm torn on TN. (That could be a song title lol)
    I'm too torn on TN. What about a poly? Has he taken one yet? I'm ruling out the wife if she was partially clothed.

You know, this could be a random abduction. If you look back:

• The victim of Thursday’s incident had reportedly been shopping and eating at La Cumbre Plaza and was on her way back to her car, a black Mercedes SUV, when she was accosted by Carner. The 69-year-old woman told police that as she set down her bag of purchases and opened the driver’s door, Carner — whom she had noticed loitering in the area — appeared directly behind her. Opening the driver’s side passenger door and sticking a gun through, Carner allegedly told her to get inside. Fearing for her life, the woman did so while Carner got in the rear passenger seat directly behind her.

• Sluti was 17 when she was taken from a parking lot at a Kearney shopping mall on April 6, 2001.Anthony Steven Wright, also known as Tony Zappa, was convicted of the kidnapping.

• Adam Walsh - On July 27, 1981, Adam's mother, Revé, let him watch a small group of older boys play video games at a Sears store in Hollywood, Florida while she walked a few aisles away to shop for a lamp. When Revé returned to the video game section, she was frightened to find that Adam and the group of boys were gone. She was only gone for about seven minutes.

• According to Chief Sidney Andrews, 87-year-old Nelly Robinson was approached by a male and forced into her vehicle in the Belk’s parking lot at the Galleria mall.

IT ONLY TAKES A MINUTE!

I hope they find the perp(s) soon (if more than one).

MOO

Mel

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    I'm too torn on TN. What about a poly? Has he taken one yet? I'm ruling out the wife if she was partially clothed.

You know, this could be a random abduction. If you look back:

• The victim of Thursday’s incident had reportedly been shopping and eating at La Cumbre Plaza and was on her way back to her car, a black Mercedes SUV, when she was accosted by Carner. The 69-year-old woman told police that as she set down her bag of purchases and opened the driver’s door, Carner — whom she had noticed loitering in the area — appeared directly behind her. Opening the driver’s side passenger door and sticking a gun through, Carner allegedly told her to get inside. Fearing for her life, the woman did so while Carner got in the rear passenger seat directly behind her.

• Sluti was 17 when she was taken from a parking lot at a Kearney shopping mall on April 6, 2001.Anthony Steven Wright, also known as Tony Zappa, was convicted of the kidnapping.

• Adam Walsh - On July 27, 1981, Adam's mother, Revé, let him watch a small group of older boys play video games at a Sears store in Hollywood, Florida while she walked a few aisles away to shop for a lamp. When Revé returned to the video game section, she was frightened to find that Adam and the group of boys were gone. She was only gone for about seven minutes.

• According to Chief Sidney Andrews, 87-year-old Nelly Robinson was approached by a male and forced into her vehicle in the Belk’s parking lot at the Galleria mall.

IT ONLY TAKES A MINUTE!

I hope they find the perp(s) soon (if more than one).

MOO

Mel
    Totally agree with you. How does LE know she was not abducted by some stranger? She was at the store, it was somewhat late in the day, anything could have happened. She is a small female, it would be easy for someone to grab her and drag her into the car.
    Last edited by jjenny; 05-12-2010 at 02:05 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

With the stranger abduction theory, she was at b&n and the gym almost every night. She had a regular, long-term, established pattern to her activities. It would have been all too easy for a perp to watch her, learn those patterns, wait for a vulnerable moment, and grab her.

For that matter, going with a theory of someone who knew her, not TN (a guy from school for example), her pattern of activities was easy to learn, making her easy to follow and stalk and wait for a vulnerable moment.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Totally agree with you. How does LE know she was not abducted by some stranger? She was at the store, it was somewhat late in the day, anything could have happened. She is a small female, it would be easy for someone to grab her and drag her into the car.
    It may have been an abduction by a stranger, but it's also possible she went with someone willingly. I find it interesting that all her belongings were in the trunk, and the keys were not found. It's possible she put her stuff in the trunk for safekeeping and got in someone else's car to go for a drive. All she needed to take with her were the car keys.

If she was getting in her car to go home or somewhere else, why put everything in the trunk? I can see putting the backpack there, but cell phone and wallet, too? Especially the cell phone. And if some stranger abducted her would he/she take the time to put all her stuff in the trunk first?

Someone she knew could have been waiting, or pulled up in the parking lot, and said, "Hey get in. Let's go for a drive and talk." She puts her stuff in the trunk, takes her keys with her, and gets in. What happened after that is anyone's guess. But I think she knew the person and went willingly.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CharlestonGal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonGal View Post
    If she was getting in her car to go home or somewhere else, why put everything in the trunk? I can see putting the backpack there, but cell phone and wallet, too?
    I can see her doing that easily, if her next stop was the gym...and she was said to frequently go to the gym after B&N at night. But IMO, it still fits in w/ both a stranger abduction or someone she knew. She came out of the bookstore, tossed her stuff in the trunk, and going toward the car door w/ her keys in hand, something happened....either a stranger snagged her, or someone she knew came up to her and said hey, come sit in my car with me for a minute and talk.
    Anything I post (other than a quote) is simply my own opinion.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue Ridge For This Useful Post:

Phuong Le's family set memorial, funeral plans for next week
    Last updated 8 hrs ago

A memorial service for Le that will be open to the public will be held Tuesday, May 18, at Bryan-Braker Funeral Home, 1050 W. Texas Street in Fairfield at 7 p.m.

The next day, Wednesday, May 19, will be Le's funeral at Holy Spirit Church, 1050 North Texas Street in Fairfield at 10 a.m. The public is also welcome to attend, says the family.

http://www.news10.net/news/article.a...=top&catid=188

Phuong's Facebook for more info:
    HELP FIND PHUONG
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...5792916&v=wall

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Apologies if this was already posted:

"Le's Brother Doesn't Think Slaying Was Random"

http://www.kcra.com/video/23524014/index.html

Just for all the random abduction theorists on here. I still think it was someone she knew, too but really - this could be random. We just don't know much yet I guess.

ETA: I guess this was already posted.
    Last edited by glammistress; 05-12-2010 at 01:35 PM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glammistress For This Useful Post:

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonGal View Post
    It may have been an abduction by a stranger, but it's also possible she went with someone willingly. I find it interesting that all her belongings were in the trunk, and the keys were not found. It's possible she put her stuff in the trunk for safekeeping and got in someone else's car to go for a drive. All she needed to take with her were the car keys.

If she was getting in her car to go home or somewhere else, why put everything in the trunk? I can see putting the backpack there, but cell phone and wallet, too? Especially the cell phone. And if some stranger abducted her would he/she take the time to put all her stuff in the trunk first?

Someone she knew could have been waiting, or pulled up in the parking lot, and said, "Hey get in. Let's go for a drive and talk." She puts her stuff in the trunk, takes her keys with her, and gets in. What happened after that is anyone's guess. But I think she knew the person and went willingly.
    Since we don't know her habits, maybe it was her regular habit to put her stuff into the trunk of the car. She could have come out of B&N, put her stuff in the trunk, getting ready to enter the car, when somebody grabbed her. She looks to be tiny, so it would have been easy.
    Number of young (and even not so young) females get abducted from parking lots and murdered by a stranger, Dru Sjodin one example.
    Last edited by jjenny; 05-12-2010 at 07:49 PM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    With the stranger abduction theory, she was at b&n and the gym almost every night. She had a regular, long-term, established pattern to her activities. It would have been all too easy for a perp to watch her, learn those patterns, wait for a vulnerable moment, and grab her.

For that matter, going with a theory of someone who knew her, not TN (a guy from school for example), her pattern of activities was easy to learn, making her easy to follow and stalk and wait for a vulnerable moment.
    I totally agree, BeanE, and I think it's quite possible this is exactly what happened. A stalker, maybe someone who developed an infatuation with her. He could even have been inside B&N that evening. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

I wonder what kind of weapon LE is looking for? I hope they find it!!!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KR2tonenow For This Useful Post:

I wish we could know the condition in which her body was found. The type and manner of death might provide some insight into the killer's mindset.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePhantom For This Useful Post:

I guess B&N did not have video of her leaving the store, that we know of? Would have shown if anyone followed her out at same time. Sounds like they were more worried with having cameras on cash registers to watch employees from what we have heard so far. Too bad, if that is the case. I wish she had gone to Wal-Mart...they have cameras just about everywhere, from what I gather...

If I go someplace and don't need to take my purse inside, like the library, I sometimes throw it trunk so it is not visible on the seat...it might not be that unusual to have done that...
    Just my opinion, of course.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Forgive me if I'm not getting this right. It was reported that when her body was found their was no visible trauma to the body. Once the autopsy was conducted they found trauma that was not visible to the naked eye? At least that's the idea that I'm getting.

If there was in fact no trauma discovered until the autopsy, that makes me think that it could possibly be a head injury. For those of you that have followed the JonBenet Ramsey case, she appeared to only have been strangled until the autopsy when they found massive head trauma that otherwise was not visable.

Possibly something similar here??? It is believed that JonBenet may have suffered the head trauma because she screamed, and it was a fatal way of silencing her. Could PL have possibly suffered the same fate??? If she was fighting her attacker and making too much noise and or possibly making a scene a blow to the head would be a good way to silence her fairly quickly.

Just a thought.

ETA: If she did in fact suffer a blow to the head, virtually any number of things could have caused it. They believe JonBenet was hit with a flashlight. If she was hit with a similar object that is not often thought of as a weapon it could make LE's search that much harder sadly.
    Last edited by Floridagirl87; 05-13-2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Left something out
    Still seeking justice for Caylee - Support Caylee's Law!!!

Where is Brittanee Drexel? Missing 4/25/09 Myrtle Beach, SC

http://http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Floridagirl87 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Floridagirl87 View Post
    Forgive me if I'm not getting this right. It was reported that when her body was found their was no visible trauma to the body. Once the autopsy was conducted they found trauma that was not visible to the naked eye? At least that's the idea that I'm getting.

If there was in fact no trauma discovered until the autopsy, that makes me think that it could possibly be a head injury. For those of you that have followed the JonBenet Ramsey case, she appeared to only have been strangled until the autopsy when they found massive head trauma that otherwise was not visable.

Possibly something similar here??? It is believed that JonBenet may have suffered the head trauma because she screamed, and it was a fatal way of silencing her. Could PL have possibly suffered the same fate??? If she was fighting her attacker and making too much noise and or possibly making a scene a blow to the head would be a good way to silence her fairly quickly.

Just a thought.

ETA: If she did in fact suffer a blow to the head, virtually any number of things could have caused it. They believe JonBenet was hit with a flashlight. If she was hit with a similar object that is not often thought of as a weapon it could make LE's search that much harder sadly.
    Just to note, and trying not to get too graphic here, but due to the likely amount of surface tissue decomp, strangulation would probably not have been evident until they got a look inside her throat to see the internal tissue damage. Of course that would mean looking for a ligature, which could be anything and would be even harder than your scenario (good one by the way)
    Last edited by SkewedView; 05-13-2010 at 11:08 AM.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkewedView For This Useful Post:

I wonder if they are now thinking she was killed at the scene then? Because I would think the murder weapon would be left at the scene of the crime unless the perp took it with him/her and dumped it w/ her body?

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue Ridge For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Sarah View Post
    I can see her doing that easily, if her next stop was the gym...and she was said to frequently go to the gym after B&N at night. But IMO, it still fits in w/ both a stranger abduction or someone she knew. She came out of the bookstore, tossed her stuff in the trunk, and going toward the car door w/ her keys in hand, something happened....either a stranger snagged her, or someone she knew came up to her and said hey, come sit in my car with me for a minute and talk.
    I put my stuff in the trunk if I don't want to drag it along with me. I keep my car keys and wallet though (if I'm going to the store or cleaners). For the gym - keys only.

I wonder if this was a habit of hers. Friends and family should be able to tell. My husband knows (as I often say "where's my purse -- oh it's in the trunk". Gotta stop doing that.

MOO

Mel

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

I am thinking that they are looking for something that was used as a weapon to match whatever wound they found...maybe something not ordinarily a weapon, such as a certain piece of wood or a rock? I have not heard if they have gone back into TN's house to look for one, since her body was found, has anyone else? Or are they looking back at the site of her body? Still, lots of mystery in this case, as far as LE holding things back or in the way they are being reported anyway...hard to imagine what kind of wound/injury made them realize they were looking for a device or weapon of some kind...I would guess a head injury as well, but just a guess.
    Just my opinion, of course.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    I put my stuff in the trunk if I don't want to drag it along with me. I keep my car keys and wallet though (if I'm going to the store or cleaners). For the gym - keys only.

I wonder if this was a habit of hers. Friends and family should be able to tell. My husband knows (as I often say "where's my purse -- oh it's in the trunk". Gotta stop doing that.

MOO

Mel
    It might be, but the brother who found her car said he was "surprised" (might not have used that word) when he opened the trunk and found her bag back there with all her personal belongings in it.

I thought this to mean he was surprised because this was not her habit. It was out of the ordinary for her, so it was alarming.

But another possibility...he might have just been surprised to find her personal belongings in the trunk because she was not near them. It was well after midnight, she was unaccounted for, yet her most personal possessions (wallet, cell phone (which everyone I know keeps practically on their person at all times)) were locked in the trunk. That might have been what was alarming to him.

IDK. Just brainstorming.

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ailina View Post
    It might be, but the brother who found her car said he was "surprised" (might not have used that word) when he opened the trunk and found her bag back there with all her personal belongings in it.

I thought this to mean he was surprised because this was not her habit. It was out of the ordinary for her, so it was alarming.

But another possibility...he might have just been surprised to find her personal belongings in the trunk because she was not near them. It was well after midnight, she was unaccounted for, yet her most personal possessions (wallet, cell phone (which everyone I know keeps practically on their person at all times)) were locked in the trunk. That might have been what was alarming to him.

IDK. Just brainstorming.
    Exactly what I think too 'Ailina. Most brothers really wouldn't be aware how/where their sisters put their purse and stuff when they were out driving, running errands, going to a gym, etc. But he WOULD be shocked to find all her personal items in the trunk and not with HER.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue Ridge For This Useful Post:

FWIW... There was so creep in Seattle last year that was specifically targeting asian women. I'm not sure if he escalated pass groping to rape... can't remember. I hate that PL had such an established routine. She could have had a stalker and not even been aware of it.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

General George S. Patton

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crystalgenie For This Useful Post:

No NEW news, I'd like to see where LE is going with this at least, there is a violent perp at large in Northern California. At least warn the public. IMO

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KR2tonenow For This Useful Post:

Agreed. For every additional day that passes in silence, my heart sinks a little lower.

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast