1060 users online (230 members and 830 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Roselvr here is the most recently reply :

"I don't know if he went to the concert. Right after it happened I had heard he was coming back from a grateful dead concert. That's all I heard though and it seemed reasonable since he was a big fan. That said, I don't know if he was or not...I hadn't discussed it with him and wasn't close enough with him at the time to him to know.

That was just was someone had told me and what I assumed to be the case until years later when I ran across a site talking about the rider. I assumed that other people might've known better. Even if had gone to a show, I couldn't be sure that it was RFK.

It would make sense to me if he had been to the show (or at least the lot) and met Jason who hitched a ride with him."
    "If I knew the way, I would take you home..."

Nearly 20 years without a name, Grateful Doe.

Quote Originally Posted by greymetal View Post
    Roselvr here is the most recently reply :

"I don't know if he went to the concert. Right after it happened I had heard he was coming back from a grateful dead concert. That's all I heard though and it seemed reasonable since he was a big fan. That said, I don't know if he was or not...I hadn't discussed it with him and wasn't close enough with him at the time to him to know.

That was just was someone had told me and what I assumed to be the case until years later when I ran across a site talking about the rider. I assumed that other people might've known better. Even if had gone to a show, I couldn't be sure that it was RFK.

It would make sense to me if he had been to the show (or at least the lot) and met Jason who hitched a ride with him."
    Thanks so much!

First off, his name was Michael but he was called Eric.
    I'm glad I saw this. I was posting some information on reddit the other day and as I'm proofreading I saw I had written Eric but the article I was referencing said Michael. I was coming across so much conflicting and confusing information and I was wondering where I came up with Eric.

I hope this renewed interest doesn't open up old wounds for Eric's family. I would be nice learn a little more about him.

And, yeah, he was a kind and trusting person. I don't doubt at all he would've picked up a hitchhiker, especially a young guy wearing deadhead attire.
    Just a couple of Dead Heads "Going down the road and feeling bad".

Last edited by Dire Wolf; 01-04-2015 at 03:28 AM. Reason: double post

all this makes much more sense than the hitch hiker theories i heard. If the circulating photo of Jay/Jason from Illinois is GD, and it's true that he was from SC, then it's highly likely in my opinion that they arranged to meet up and go from VA to SC together. The fact that the VA girlfriend didn't recall Eric saying anything about giving a ride to someone is irrelevant. I think they at least knew each other before the day they died. I wish there was a picture of Eric, too, to tag onto some of these social media posts in case it jogs anyone's memory. For me, I'm going to assume they knew each other already.

I was curious about Eric Hager also. Although I don't think this has any bearing on the case, here is his Senior Yearbook http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/...Bhigh%2Bschool
    Last edited by Melissah12; 01-09-2015 at 02:34 PM. Reason: I need to learn how to type, lol
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
    -Kurt Cobain

Searched but didn't see him
    What year? I think you linked to 88.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. Not sure why the link is not working correctly. It's Boiling Springs High School, Class of 1992, he's on page 56 of the year book (the page is blue) but the classmates site says it is page 60/61.

He was such a cutie. The wavy, blonde hair kinda reminds me of "Jason".
    -Kurt Cobain

I can't seem to get the page to enlarge, is there anyway you could post the picture on here?

Quote Originally Posted by CMS View Post
    I can't seem to get the page to enlarge, is there anyway you could post the picture on here?
    I wish I knew how. Unfortunately, even in this day and age, I am still a bit computer illiterate.
    -Kurt Cobain

If I can figure out how to attach an image, I will.

Eric Hager.jpg

Oh yay me! I figured it out. LOL

Oh, wow, so handsome! I've been a quiet follower of this case for a while now, BTW.

Thanks for posting the pic of Eric. May he rest in peace and never be forgotten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pic! I was searching google for him for an hour to see his picture. I kept reading about yearbooks being online and you all searching through them. I didn't realize classmates had all those, very interesting....and kinda scary lol

Can I ask a silly question, how do they know he fell asleep at the wheel?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast