Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 604

Thread: UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #2

  1. #501
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,905


    Residents of a Layton apartment complex at 1425 North 500 West gather together during a candle light vigil, Wednesday May 12, 2010, in memory of Ethan Stacy who was found dead near Powder Mountain Ski Resort earlier in the week. Stacy's stepfather Nathan Sloop was booked into Davis County Jail on aggravated murder charges in the death of Ethan. (Steve Griffin / The Salt Lake Tribune)

    http://www.sltrib.com/portlet/articl...shipId=3007571

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:


  3. #502
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,191
    the more I think about it the more I think she had more to do with this!

    WHY take pictures of him beaten up???

    She fought to get temporary custody... WHY would she take pictures of her child abused at the hand of her new husband???

    She had a PLAN!
    (jmhoo)
    This bee my opinion

  4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:


  5. #503
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,905
    Another neighbor, Janet Hope, said she was coming home from work around 6 p.m. either Thursday or Friday and saw Stephanie Sloop come down the steps of her apartment and walk along the sidewalk onto the grass.

    "She seemed agitated, kept stopping and looking back," Hope said.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...sted.html?pg=2


    Eyes4crime this is the article on when SS was seen outside apartment.
    Last edited by RubyRed; 05-13-2010 at 12:12 PM.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:


  7. #504
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    82
    Didn't I read somewhere that she abandoned Ethan and his father to take off with that loser? Why did she fight for custody? And if it is true that she abandoned them then the judge should have never placed a court order making this baby visit her. Especially for the summer.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noexplanation For This Useful Post:


  9. #505
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...sted.html?pg=2

    Eyes4crime this is the article on when SS was seen outside apartment.
    To me, the most important part is this statement: "Hope said Nathan Sloop then followed her and "put his hands around her face, like a 'you gotta listen to me' kind of thing. I didn't think about it until all this happened."

    Translation: "We're both in this together. We can't take him to the hospital. If you walk away, you're dead."

    Yeah, I believe she was threatened BUT if she went to Walmart to get him "a prescription" (OF WHAT???), she could have called 911.

    Utah has a lot of meth, a lot of drug abuse (the highest prescription rate in the nation for antidepressants), and lots of ways to get scrips.

    ETA:
    I am VERY unhappy that my previous post was removed. I provided links; I did not repost copyrighted information or images (illegal) NOR did I copy information from social media sites (also common here but against the TOS).
    I thought Websleuths was investigatory; apparently, I am out of the mainstream here, because I do not believe prayers, vigils, candles, or "touchy feely" help a bit. What DOES help are investigations into how people are turned into monsters.
    Last edited by laytonian; 05-13-2010 at 12:15 PM.

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:


  11. #506
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,240
    Quote Originally Posted by noexplanation View Post
    Didn't I read somewhere that she abandoned Ethan and his father to take off with that loser? Why did she fight for custody? And if it is true that she abandoned them then the judge should have never placed a court order making this baby visit her. Especially for the summer.
    Hi no explanation. I'm using your post as a jumping off point. My comments aren't directed at you

    About SS being afraid of NS. Bull stinky.

    All of the Mother's here ask yourself ~ what would it take for you to witness the brutalization and murder of your own child? Would you have to be hog-tied? Would you still say nothing even if you had a gun to your temple?

    Surely I am not the only Mother that would have to be incapacitated or severely injured to allow someone to do this to my own child?

    About the psychology behind the crime on the Mother's part (not a justification, there is no justification ever for what was done to Ethan).

    (here is where I jump off of noexplanations post!) This Mother was clearly detached from Ethan. At what point during the seperation and divorce did she walk away from Ethan? How long had it been since she behaved in a nurturing fashion towards Ethan? Did she have visitation during the seperation and divorce proceedings? If so, what happened that Ethan did not want to go be with her? Just some thoughts.

    Also, there are women who objectify their children. By that I mean they do not see the child as a seperate entity worthy of being loved for who they are~ but rather those Mother's use their children as pawns. To be used as a game piece. To exact whatever effect they wish on those that do love the child as a child should be loved.

    If what I typed above proves to be an accurate facet of who she is---she's a monster herself. (yes nursie she had a plan and I bet it probably involved Ethan's Father).

    This woman was no victim. I think that there may be a distinct possibilty that the brushing of the teeth to the point of making the gums bleed because she thought she detected feces in Ethan's mouth was a ruse.

    1. There must have been the possibility that LE was going to find Ethan's blood in that apartment.

    or

    2. To explain some of the damage to his mouth when LE did find him.

    Rest in peace little buddy. Our hearts are with you and your Daddy.

  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  13. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    the more I think about it the more I think she had more to do with this!

    WHY take pictures of him beaten up???

    She fought to get temporary custody... WHY would she take pictures of her child abused at the hand of her new husband???

    She had a PLAN!
    (jmhoo)
    It sounds to me like she was having fun. Natural born killers. I keep saying it.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  15. #508
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,905
    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by laytonian View Post
    To me, the most important part is this statement: "Hope said Nathan Sloop then followed her and "put his hands around her face, like a 'you gotta listen to me' kind of thing. I didn't think about it until all this happened."

    Translation: "We're both in this together. We can't take him to the hospital. If you walk away, you're dead."

    Yeah, I believe she was threatened BUT if she went to Walmart to get him "a prescription" (OF WHAT???), she could have called 911.

    Utah has a lot of meth, a lot of drug abuse (the highest prescription rate in the nation for antidepressants), and lots of ways to get scrips.
    ETA:
    I am VERY unhappy that my previous post was removed. I provided links; I did not repost copyrighted information or images (illegal) NOR did I copy information from social media sites (also common here but against the TOS).
    I thought Websleuths was investigatory; apparently, I am out of the mainstream here, because I do not believe prayers, vigils, candles, or "touchy feely" help a bit. What DOES help are investigations into how people are turned into monsters.
    She should have called 911 when she heard Ethan being beat on his head in a closed bedroom. I feel sick over this. The anguish the Dad must feel. This is something you do not bounce back from.
    Last edited by RubyRed; 05-13-2010 at 12:25 PM.

  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:


  17. #509
    jnTexas's Avatar
    jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Splendora, Texas
    Posts
    3,408
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    the more I think about it the more I think she had more to do with this!

    WHY take pictures of him beaten up???

    She fought to get temporary custody... WHY would she take pictures of her child abused at the hand of her new husband???

    She had a PLAN!
    (jmhoo)
    yes i agree she had a plan. I believe she didn't want to pay child support to the man and child she abandoned.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jnTexas For This Useful Post:


  19. #510
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,040
    I hope and pray that the court, jury, judge, etc. all see that Stephanie DID have an equal role in all of this. Ethan was left in his bedroom, without the door knob, while they ran off to get married. Ethan was also beaten while she was in the home, and she didn't stop it. AND she played a pretty active role in the child abuse, which ultimately led to his murder.

    It's my biggest fear right now that Stephanie will get off easy on this (especially since she isn't being charged with murder) and she needs to get just as much jail time as Nathan, in my opinion.

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


  21. #511
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    She should have called 911 when she heard Ethan being beat on his head in a closed bedroom. I feel sick over this. The anguish the Dad must feel. This is something you do not bounce back from.
    The Dad's only recourse is to mount a campaign for recall of the judge who forced him to send the child to that vermin mother (who he evidently stayed with longer than he should have).

    A report I read this morning, said that residents could often hear children crying. If the walls are so thin in that place (no surprise!), then the sounds of a child being beaten and yelled out, would also have been heard.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:


  23. #512
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.
    Posts
    15,132
    The "mother'" and the step-dad need to be charged with first degree murder.

    If 2 guys walk into a store with guns with the intention of robbing the store and a bystander pulls out their gun and accidentally kills and innocent person (instead of the robbers) who gets who gets charged with murder one? The robbers. Both of them. Doesn't matter that they literally did not shoot a single person it was their act of robbing the store that caused the death.

    It should be the same thing here. She was in on the abuse. She did nothing to stop it. Her act of being a party to the situation should require the first degree murder charge.

    If Nathen was kidnapped off the street she would be charged with murder one just like her hubby.

    Hopefully this will be the case. No deals. Straight up murder one.
    `````````````````

    JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

    FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE



    Join Websleuths on Twitter

    Follow websleuths on Twitter

    And Face Book of course
     | 





    ************************************************** **************************************

    Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT
    84098


  24. #513
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,905
    In the affidavit it said Ethan was given Benadryl to keep him quiet.

    http://www.standard.net/site-include...hanieSloop.pdf

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:


  26. #514
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    In the affidavit it said Ethan was given Benadryl to keep him quiet.

    http://www.standard.net/site-include...hanieSloop.pdf
    This is getting worse, and worse, and worse.

    I pray that Ethans father doesn't read these affidavits. He's going through enough.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


  28. #515
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    456
    i just read the probably cause statements and i am so mad i can't even see straight. this baby suffered so much, i can't imagine the fear and pain that he experienced. i feel so bad for the people that had to recover his body in such a condition. simply unbelievable, yet seems so common around here. i will never understand it.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joga For This Useful Post:


  30. #516
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,905
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    This is getting worse, and worse, and worse.

    I pray that Ethans father doesn't read these affidavits. He's going through enough.
    I read somewhere that he was informed of everything that happened, so that he would not read about it, without having knowledge of it. They wanted him to know first.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:


  32. #517
    jnTexas's Avatar
    jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Splendora, Texas
    Posts
    3,408
    Somehow I think what this little boy went through was worse than what they are saying. Even though what they have said happened is horrible it seems a little sugar coated in my mind.

    The horror in this case reminds of the channon christian & chris newsom story. Which by the way Vanessa Coleman who was there during the rape, and murder of Channon is on trial now for murder. jury is out right now. (this one is in the trial section of WS. ETA: verdict is in will be read at 1 TN time)
    Last edited by jnTexas; 05-13-2010 at 12:42 PM.

  33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jnTexas For This Useful Post:


  34. #518
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    254
    I cannot finish reading the probable cause statement for POS NS. It takes a whole lot to make me nauseous, but the combination of the two statements, and the reality of what happened to this little angel has done it.

    Sadly, it ends up I know some of his family (Ethan's) I had suspected he may be related, but did not want to ask due to the sensitive nature of this whole ordeal. But this morning we received a call that in fact a good friend of ours is a cousin to Ethan and his father. The family here will accompany Ethan's little body home.

    I wish they would grant my friend's wish to have a short visit with NS.

    I pray the father never reads the facts about what happened to this little man, he is tortured enough having had to send him out here.

    Beyond that, HOW DOES A MOTHER MARRY A POS AFTER HE HAS BEATEN HER LITTLE BOY??????

    Evil....simply hard core evil.

  35. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nitasch For This Useful Post:


  36. #519
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    So. California
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    In the affidavit it said Ethan was given Benadryl to keep him quiet.

    http://www.standard.net/site-include...hanieSloop.pdf

    OMG I can not believe that. I am devastated. How could she sit there and let this monster do this to her own son. That poor baby. I hope that monster was not sexually abusing him too! This reminds me of Robert Mansfield. My heart is breaking .....prayers to his father

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandcastles4me For This Useful Post:


  38. #520
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    Life in prison with parole or the death penalty. Take your pick. For both of them.

    A few years back, there was a story about a stray female cat who had severe burns from going back into a burning building to rescue her kittens. The people who found her and the kittens named her Scarlet. I saw a mother turkey frantically trying to get her last baby turkey chick across a highway, the others waiting on the other side. Animals will risk their lives to save their young. That's all I have to say about these two.

    What does this say about human kind that this poor child could be tortured and no one would notice? And courts better start taking a look at the step parents, boyfriends and other live-in scum that these kids are put in contact with when overnight visits are mandated.
    That's what I mean...she shouldn't be allowed to play the victim card. Some people may not be great day-to-day parents. It's not an easy job but some things need no thought, they're instinctual. Like animals, a normal mother would not think about rushing to the defense of her child. Nature and instinct take over, no thought for fire, danger, or anything other than saving one's child. It really is simple instinct and when that is not present, you are dealing with a serious aberration. And I don't want to hear that she was drugged or brainwashed. She took pics, went shopping, admitted that she knew Ethan needed treatment but did not act on that knowledge, got married and kept up her wedding website from hell. She went on with her life, failing to do the only thing that she should have done - protect her son. There is no excuse and I really want them to perform vivisection on that one just so science might find the crossed wires that lead to things like this.

    Someone said SS makes Casey Anthony look like June Cleaver and I am inclined to agree. I have always wondered if Casey didn't do something stupid like give her poor child too much sleepy meds, or leave her in a closet, so she could go off and not have to worry. When she remembered to come back from clubbing, she was left with a dead child, and instead of admitting to that, here we are. It still says there's something wrong, but we can almost understand an accident. I had hoped Ethan's case would be so. What makes SS so wrong is her complicity, even admitting that she saw this man deface her son with a hammer. How can she retain any composure, especially after that? What sane person wouldnt be totally unhinged with that image in their mind? Look at those pics and see a woman who has obviously shed not one tear. Every single thing she did and didn't do shows just how much an equal partner in this she was.

  39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krazyfingerzz For This Useful Post:


  40. #521
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    354
    At this point, aren't we just taking SS's word that it was only NS who did the actual beating? She, a pathological liar, is the one who told LE what happened. Why believe her?

    I don't think anyone could sit back and watch that horrendous, mind-bogglingly horrible abuse happen unless they wanted it to happen. I think she was intimately involved in the abuse and most likely carried it out, as well.

    The pictures she took were trophies to celebrate what she did.

  41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to maggieo For This Useful Post:


  42. #522
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsc72 View Post
    I hope these 2 rot. Hope they truly enjoy their honeymoon

    http://www.sltrib.com/D=g/ci_15074193

    (snipped)
    Just read this article with more statements from the bio dad and more background on his and SS's marriage and divorce. I'm reeling from the injustice of it all. I know it's impossible to really "know" SS from the portions of information we get through the media and other sources, but even from the fraction we're able to see so far...she seems certifiably sociopathic. Seems like poor little Ethan was doomed to suffer in some way from the very beginning, because the divorce was not amicable, SS was bitter (oddly enough, because she's the one who left JS FOR NS), and Ethan was -- as someone else posted -- the obvious pawn, which SS turned into a weapon to use against her ex-husband.

    Another fact that fleshes out this scenario for me is the fact JS is an oil rig worker. A lot of young oil rig families are doomed from the start, because of the regular prolonged separation while the husband is offshore working and the wife is left at home alone. The Army has "Dear John" letters. Offshore, the guys talk about "Jodie" moving in on their women while they're gone. Looks like SS met Jodie, wanted Jodie, and left her husband for him.

    And infidelity/divorce is particularly hard for those guys offshore, just like the guys in the military, because they HAVE to be absent no matter what. While they're stuck at work, they're constantly plagued by thoughts of what their spouses/ex-spouses are doing in their homes, with their belongings, etc.. They're trapped out there, have no control over what's going on back onshore. They just have to stick it out the two weeks or four weeks or whatever until their hitch is over. SS had JS over a barrel in so many ways, and all of them knew it. And I bet SS & NS had the times of their lives hurting JS in any way they could.

    And to add insult to injury...the article states JS had a pending settlement for an offshore injury. Depending on what the injury was, he could've expected a hefty lump sum. He was quoted to say he offered SS a full HALF of it if he could have full custody. Apparently, she was just dandy with this idea, if it weren't her idea to begin with. Know what I say? Well, I can't post what I say about that because my mother taught me not to say such things in polite company. (But you all know what I'm thinking.)

    This man has lost EVERYTHING. The article doesn't say if he's returned to his job now or not, but he may be out of work, too, on top of everything else. How much can a man take?

    The only solace I have in this is that SS & NS are behind bars now with no hope to see the light of day again for a long, long, long time. They're separated from each other, thrown in with wolves, and yoked with nothing but a whole lotta time to replay the crime in their heads over and over again.

    JS, on the other hand...he's lost so much. He may never, ever heal. But he does have his life ahead of him. I hope eventually, he heals from this and becomes an incredibly strong person who has turned his grief into peace.
    'Ailina - Freelance Author, Home Educator
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ailinawillis

  43. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:


  44. #523
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,905
    Gary McPhie lives in the building where Nathaneal and Stephanie Sloop recently moved in with Ethan, who came to live with his mother for the summer.

    "If I knew what was really going on, I would have gone in and took care of it," he said.

    Most of those sitting with McPhie said it is not unusual to hear children crying, but they all agreed they are going to listen a little more carefully and report anything suspicious.



    http://www.standard.net/topics/ethan...r-old-utah-boy

  45. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:


  46. #524
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,535
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyfingerzz View Post
    That's what I mean...she shouldn't be allowed to play the victim card. Some people may not be great day-to-day parents. It's not an easy job but some things need no thought, they're instinctual. Like animals, a normal mother would not think about rushing to the defense of her child. Nature and instinct take over, no thought for fire, danger, or anything other than saving one's child. It really is simple instinct and when that is not present, you are dealing with a serious aberration. And I don't want to hear that she was drugged or brainwashed. She took pics, went shopping, admitted that she knew Ethan needed treatment but did not act on that knowledge, got married and kept up her wedding website from hell. She went on with her life, failing to do the only thing that she should have done - protect her son. There is no excuse and I really want them to perform vivisection on that one just so science might find the crossed wires that lead to things like this.

    Someone said SS makes Casey Anthony look like June Cleaver and I am inclined to agree. I have always wondered if Casey didn't do something stupid like give her poor child too much sleepy meds, or leave her in a closet, so she could go off and not have to worry. When she remembered to come back from clubbing, she was left with a dead child, and instead of admitting to that, here we are. It still says there's something wrong, but we can almost understand an accident. I had hoped Ethan's case would be so. What makes SS so wrong is her complicity, even admitting that she saw this man deface her son with a hammer. How can she retain any composure, especially after that? What sane person wouldnt be totally unhinged with that image in their mind? Look at those pics and see a woman who has obviously shed not one tear. Every single thing she did and didn't do shows just how much an equal partner in this she was.
    You nailed it, on every point. Thank you.

  47. The Following User Says Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:


  48. #525
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,535
    Total strangers are showing more compassion, guilt and remorse than either one of those two POSs.

  49. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:


Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4
    By Cubby in forum Currently Awaiting Trial
    Replies: 498
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 02:41 PM
  2. UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3
    By Cubby in forum Currently Awaiting Trial
    Replies: 556
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 04:26 PM
  3. Found Deceased UT - Ethan Stacy - 4 years old - Layton - 10 May 2010
    By Seymour Krelborn in forum Located! Information and Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 06:24 PM
  4. UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #1
    By darlin gal in forum Currently Awaiting Trial
    Replies: 498
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 12:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •