1168 users online (245 members and 923 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010.05.11 Jose Baez talking with reporters

I was very surprised that Jose Baez was downright POLITE to Kathy Belich after the hearing and additionally, he seemed quite "forthcoming" in his answers to everyone (?) I wondered if you saw it the same way. Is this a new Jose Baez? I thought it was his best appearance with the press...am I dreaming? What do you think?

http://www.wftv.com/video/23516373/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by affinity View Post
    I was very surprised that Jose Baez was downright POLITE to Kathy Belich after the hearing and additionally, he seemed quite "forthcoming" in his answers to everyone (?) I wondered if you saw it the same way. Is this a new Jose Baez? I thought it was his best appearance with the press...am I dreaming? What do you think?

http://www.wftv.com/video/23516373/index.html
    (this is a mix up----a part of the hearing.)

..this is the after hearing tape with baez & reporters:

http://www.wftv.com/video/23521889/index.html
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

shame on him for complaining on about not being able to ask proscecution questions...after all that time when LE wanted t ask his own client questions about a child.....

I do think he was told to behave better---makes for a better impression amongst the people...
    jmo

He does seem more somber and much more polite, especially to KBelich..

He's talking about the duct tape and he doesn't believe, he actually said it's not conclusive because a PO said it...is he serious???

When was it placed there, who placed it there or how it was placed there..I couldn't catch what is said in the last couple of minutes when he tells the male reporter, come on, your better than that! Something about the videos of Caylee she sold...at around 6:20 mark...

Other than that, I agree, not sarcastic, at least till the ending...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

At ~ 4:53 Bob Kealing asked Baez a question that really upset him.
    I can't hear all of the question but I think it goes something like this:

Kealing: "In that hearing the Ms. Lyon referred to, it was revealed the KC had sold video and pictures for a couple hundred thousand dollars. The next month the decide to go for the death penalty. Is ( ) or money gain a possibility as an aggrevating factor?"

Baez: "No, that's just (I think here he said "sick" but I'm not sure) ...That's outrageous."

Then Baez turned to Bob and said, "That is really stupid."

Belish: "I had reported that a long time before the decision had been made."

Baez turned to her (without solicitation): "What? That it was stupid?"

Again, in the last part at ~6:20,

Bob Kealing: "So to argue that she sold video and pictures before...(inaudible)...Caylee was missing.

Baez: "That's stupid!"

Kealing: "In what sense?"

Baez: "That's rediculous! Come on, you're a better reporter than that."

I'm not sure how Baez has become more professional.

He is still an [unusual person]!
    Last edited by Kimster; 05-12-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: removed name calling
    It's the journey, not the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post

He's talking about the duct tape and he doesn't believe, he actually said it's not conclusive because a PO said it...is he serious???

When was it placed there, who placed it there or how it was placed there..I couldn't catch what is said in the last couple of minutes when he tells the male reporter, come on, your better than that! Something about the videos of Caylee she sold...at around 6:20 mark...

Justice for Caylee
    \
    You listened longer than I could...I pretty knew where he was going with how unfair it was that they couldn't quesiton SA about reasons for the dealth penality---(again reminds me they want SA to do the work--after all because of them and these charges they don't have a boat load of cash...)---I still can't figure out why they are so gun shy of the money---we know what is out there---the state is now paying for her--

I can't stand how they act like they don't know what is going on--that the SA just had nothing better to do--if he actually believes what he says...lordy!!!!!!!! I do pity the jury after listening to the defense this week--they do tend to ramble on and on...
    jmo

I just listened to that raw interview. JB most definitely was polite to all the reporters, including K. Belich. I think he got a SEVERE talking to after he stormed off last week. I don;t know who talked to him, but it has had a dramatic effect.

What made me shake my head in disbelief was his statement that finding Caylee's remains did not make that much difference as the State had already indicted KC! Not that much of a difference??? To me, that was one of the most callous comments I have ever heard him make.
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides

Quote Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
    I just listened to that raw interview. JB most definitely was polite to all the reporters, including K. Belich. I think he got a SEVERE talking to after he stormed off last week. I don;t know who talked to him, but it has had a dramatic effect.

What made me shake my head in disbelief was his statement that finding Caylee's remains did not make that much difference as the State had already indicted KC! Not that much of a difference??? To me, that was one of the most callous comments I have ever heard him make.
    "Quite frankly" one of the other ones was that he wouldn't allow kc to talk with LE or anyone because it might harm her "case"--- this was when people were searching for her daughter for pete sake!!!!! He has said other things that are equally totally uncalled for---I think he wants to be the next Johnny Cochran and doesn't have a chance....Johnny knew how to play the media!!! He was smooth!!! (didn't agree with him on OJ but he knew how to present things!)
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post

Justice for Caylee
    He also said he is going to dispute the duct tape evidence. It was said in the context of the duct tape being on Caylee's face. If Casey is completely innocent then the killer used the duct tape. There is no reason to dispute the tape because the killer did it, not Casey.

They can't prove how it was placed there? Come on. Caylee didn't duct tape herself, obviously someone put it on her. Baez needs to learn to zip it. He seems to have an Anthony trait. If he says something then everyone should believe it's true no matter how ludicrous it sounds.

I find it very interesting that Casey sold $200,000 worth of pics/videos before Caylee was found. This tells me she was gearing up for a murder trial and needed money to fund an expensive defense. I hope the jury gets to hear all about the timing of the blood money she got. I also hope the defense slams the media in court so the prosecution can come back and say...you mean the very people Casey sold $200k worth of pics/videos? Aren't you biting the hand that feeds you?

IMO

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer talked about Casey Anthony's death penalty hearing Tuesday. (05/11/10)
    http://www.wftv.com/video/23521889/index.html

the thread from yesterday's court hearing is closed so I placed this video here. If it's o/t mods, I do apologize in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
    I imagine it was CM. He looked to be shocked and embarrassed with the way Baez acted in that one video'd interview made after the May 6th Hearing.

http://www.wftv.com/video/23475978/index.html

No matter what the media does a lawyer should be able to handle it in a professional manner instead of the child like way Baez did in this video. I can't imagine a lawyer of CM statue wanting to be associated with that type behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post
    He also said he is going to dispute the duct tape evidence. It was said in the context of the duct tape being on Caylee's face. If Casey is completely innocent then the killer used the duct tape. There is no reason to dispute the tape because the killer did it, not Casey.

They can't prove how it was placed there? Come on. Caylee didn't duct tape herself, obviously someone put it on her. Baez needs to learn to zip it. He seems to have an Anthony trait. If he says something then everyone should believe it's true no matter how ludicrous it sounds.

I find it very interesting that Casey sold $200,000 worth of pics/videos before Caylee was found. This tells me she was gearing up for a murder trial and needed money to fund an expensive defense. I hope the jury gets to hear all about the timing of the blood money she got. I also hope the defense slams the media in court so the prosecution can come back and say...you mean the very people Casey sold $200k worth of pics/videos? Aren't you biting the hand that feeds you?

IMO
    If you go back jb did state during that time that kc was living at his office that they were preparing for this....He said that several times--that was why she was there all the time--working on the defense and possiblity of charges to come...
    jmo

Someone made a remark to me recently along the lines of "You dont bite the hand that buys the ink..." I suspect someone tried to counsel Mr. B the same way...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post

IMO
    bolded by me

Perhaps the SA will only add the "stand to gain financial" as a motive just to be able to bring out the money issue in court. I can only imagine if a jury get to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    shame on him for complaining on about not being able to ask proscecution questions...after all that time when LE wanted t ask his own client questions about a child.....

I do think he was told to behave better---makes for a better impression amongst the people...
    BBM

Exactly! JB better be careful what he complains about because it could come right back and bite him in the behind. It is sort of like the defense team wanting to keep their penalty phase witnesses a secret so that they are not harassed. Does the name Roy Kronk ring a bell for them? When they bring up things like this and complain about them, it just highlights their own actions. At least to me it does, and it shows them in a very hypocritical light.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast