2010.05.11 Jose Baez talking with reporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

affinity

Reaction score
I was very surprised that Jose Baez was downright POLITE to Kathy Belich after the hearing and additionally, he seemed quite "forthcoming" in his answers to everyone (?) I wondered if you saw it the same way. Is this a new Jose Baez? I thought it was his best appearance with the press...am I dreaming? What do you think?

http://www.wftv.com/video/23516373/index.html

I was very surprised that Jose Baez was downright POLITE to Kathy Belich after the hearing and additionally, he seemed quite "forthcoming" in his answers to everyone (?) I wondered if you saw it the same way. Is this a new Jose Baez? I thought it was his best appearance with the press...am I dreaming? What do you think?

http://www.wftv.com/video/23516373/index.html
(this is a mix up----a part of the hearing.)

..this is the after hearing tape with baez & reporters:

http://www.wftv.com/video/23521889/index.html

shame on him for complaining on about not being able to ask proscecution questions...after all that time when LE wanted t ask his own client questions about a child.....

I do think he was told to behave better---makes for a better impression amongst the people...

He does seem more somber and much more polite, especially to KBelich..

He's talking about the duct tape and he doesn't believe, he actually said it's not conclusive because a PO said it...is he serious???

When was it placed there, who placed it there or how it was placed there..I couldn't catch what is said in the last couple of minutes when he tells the male reporter, come on, your better than that! Something about the videos of Caylee she sold...at around 6:20 mark...

Other than that, I agree, not sarcastic, at least till the ending...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

At ~ 4:53 Bob Kealing asked Baez a question that really upset him.
I can't hear all of the question but I think it goes something like this:

Kealing: "In that hearing the Ms. Lyon referred to, it was revealed the KC had sold video and pictures for a couple hundred thousand dollars. The next month the decide to go for the death penalty. Is ( ) or money gain a possibility as an aggrevating factor?"

Baez: "No, that's just (I think here he said "sick" but I'm not sure) ...That's outrageous."

Then Baez turned to Bob and said, "That is really stupid."

Belish: "I had reported that a long time before the decision had been made."

Baez turned to her (without solicitation): "What? That it was stupid?"

Again, in the last part at ~6:20,

Bob Kealing: "So to argue that she sold video and pictures before...(inaudible)...Caylee was missing.

Baez: "That's stupid!"

Kealing: "In what sense?"

Baez: "That's rediculous! Come on, you're a better reporter than that."

I'm not sure how Baez has become more professional.

He is still an [unusual person]!

He's talking about the duct tape and he doesn't believe, he actually said it's not conclusive because a PO said it...is he serious???

When was it placed there, who placed it there or how it was placed there..I couldn't catch what is said in the last couple of minutes when he tells the male reporter, come on, your better than that! Something about the videos of Caylee she sold...at around 6:20 mark...

Justice for Caylee
\
You listened longer than I could...I pretty knew where he was going with how unfair it was that they couldn't quesiton SA about reasons for the dealth penality---(again reminds me they want SA to do the work--after all because of them and these charges they don't have a boat load of cash...:sick::banghead:)---I still can't figure out why they are so gun shy of the money---we know what is out there---the state is now paying for her--:waitasec:

I can't stand how they act like they don't know what is going on--that the SA just had nothing better to do--if he actually believes what he says...lordy!!!!!!!! I do pity the jury after listening to the defense this week--they do tend to ramble on and on...

I just listened to that raw interview. JB most definitely was polite to all the reporters, including K. Belich. I think he got a SEVERE talking to after he stormed off last week. I don;t know who talked to him, but it has had a dramatic effect.

What made me shake my head in disbelief was his statement that finding Caylee's remains did not make that much difference as the State had already indicted KC! Not that much of a difference??? To me, that was one of the most callous comments I have ever heard him make.

I just listened to that raw interview. JB most definitely was polite to all the reporters, including K. Belich. I think he got a SEVERE talking to after he stormed off last week. I don;t know who talked to him, but it has had a dramatic effect.

What made me shake my head in disbelief was his statement that finding Caylee's remains did not make that much difference as the State had already indicted KC! Not that much of a difference??? To me, that was one of the most callous comments I have ever heard him make.

"Quite frankly" one of the other ones was that he wouldn't allow kc to talk with LE or anyone because it might harm her "case"--- this was when people were searching for her daughter for pete sake!!!!! He has said other things that are equally totally uncalled for---I think he wants to be the next Johnny Cochran and doesn't have a chance....Johnny knew how to play the media!!! He was smooth!!! (didn't agree with him on OJ but he knew how to present things!)

Justice for Caylee

He also said he is going to dispute the duct tape evidence. It was said in the context of the duct tape being on Caylee's face. If Casey is completely innocent then the killer used the duct tape. There is no reason to dispute the tape because the killer did it, not Casey.

They can't prove how it was placed there? Come on. Caylee didn't duct tape herself, obviously someone put it on her. Baez needs to learn to zip it. He seems to have an Anthony trait. If he says something then everyone should believe it's true no matter how ludicrous it sounds.

I find it very interesting that Casey sold $200,000 worth of pics/videos before Caylee was found. This tells me she was gearing up for a murder trial and needed money to fund an expensive defense. I hope the jury gets to hear all about the timing of the blood money she got. I also hope the defense slams the media in court so the prosecution can come back and say...you mean the very people Casey sold $200k worth of pics/videos? Aren't you biting the hand that feeds you?

IMO

I imagine it was CM. He looked to be shocked and embarrassed with the way Baez acted in that one video'd interview made after the May 6th Hearing.

http://www.wftv.com/video/23475978/index.html

No matter what the media does a lawyer should be able to handle it in a professional manner instead of the child like way Baez did in this video. I can't imagine a lawyer of CM statue wanting to be associated with that type behavior.

He also said he is going to dispute the duct tape evidence. It was said in the context of the duct tape being on Caylee's face. If Casey is completely innocent then the killer used the duct tape. There is no reason to dispute the tape because the killer did it, not Casey.

They can't prove how it was placed there? Come on. Caylee didn't duct tape herself, obviously someone put it on her. Baez needs to learn to zip it. He seems to have an Anthony trait. If he says something then everyone should believe it's true no matter how ludicrous it sounds.

I find it very interesting that Casey sold $200,000 worth of pics/videos before Caylee was found. This tells me she was gearing up for a murder trial and needed money to fund an expensive defense. I hope the jury gets to hear all about the timing of the blood money she got. I also hope the defense slams the media in court so the prosecution can come back and say...you mean the very people Casey sold $200k worth of pics/videos? Aren't you biting the hand that feeds you?

IMO

If you go back jb did state during that time that kc was living at his office that they were preparing for this....He said that several times--that was why she was there all the time--working on the defense and possiblity of charges to come...

Someone made a remark to me recently along the lines of "You dont bite the hand that buys the ink..." I suspect someone tried to counsel Mr. B the same way...

IMO
bolded by me

Perhaps the SA will only add the "stand to gain financial" as a motive just to be able to bring out the money issue in court. I can only imagine if a jury get to hear that.

shame on him for complaining on about not being able to ask proscecution questions...after all that time when LE wanted t ask his own client questions about a child.....

I do think he was told to behave better---makes for a better impression amongst the people...

BBM

Exactly! JB better be careful what he complains about because it could come right back and bite him in the behind. It is sort of like the defense team wanting to keep their penalty phase witnesses a secret so that they are not harassed. Does the name Roy Kronk ring a bell for them? When they bring up things like this and complain about them, it just highlights their own actions. At least to me it does, and it shows them in a very hypocritical light.

Justice for Caylee

I think the defense team has to be very careful about what they say about the duct tape. I wonder if they will file a motion to try to get the photos of the remains suppressed at trial saying that they will be too prejudicial? If so, then the defense team's position about disputing the duct tape would be a good argument from the state to keep them in. Let the jury see for themselves and decide if the duct tape was placed over Caylee's mouth and nose.

IMO

BBM

You bring up a very good point. If the defense truly thinks that Casey is innocent, then why are they spending so much time disputing evidence for a crime she did not commit?:waitasec:

If they thought that Casey was innocent and that Caylee's murderer was still on the loose, then you would think they would not want to do anything to taint the evidence so that maybe one day Caylee's real killer would be brought to justice.

This is exactly why the defense team should have learned to just say 'no comment' from the very beginning. They continually hurt their client and the case against her w/every pc and media interview.

IMO

If we are to convict a person for murder, then we need to make sure we get it right. If there is a dispute of the placement of the duct tape, then it should be gone over. The defense has every right to set the record straight of where the duct tape lay. Even if it has nothing to do with Kc. We can not allow the police to use their theory as established fact. The truth for Caylee is very important. We need to have our facts straight of what exactly happened no matter who did it.

This is another clue from the defense on their strategy and I appreciate it. LKB mentioned on 48 hours that they were going to dispute the location of the duct tape. This just confirms that. Sounds like the police description does not match the sealed pictures. IMO I am sure many posters appreciate when Jb gives us little clues into the future trial. IMO

I think the defense team has to be very careful about what they say about the duct tape. I wonder if they will file a motion to try to get the photos of the remains suppressed at trial saying that they will be too prejudicial? If so, then the defense team's position about disputing the duct tape would be a good argument from the state to keep them in. Let the jury see for themselves and decide if the duct tape was placed over Caylee's mouth and nose.

If, as JB claims, KC is innocent why would they even challenge the duct tape???

I don't believe LE ventured a theory about the duct tape, that would be SA's department based on crime scene photos, interviews and the ME report.

If we are to convict a person for murder, then we need to make sure we get it right. If there is a dispute of the placement of the duct tape, then it should be gone over. The defense has every right to set the record straight of where the duct tape lay. Even if it has nothing to do with Kc. We can not allow the police to use their theory as established fact. The truth for Caylee is very important. We need to have our facts straight of what exactly happened no matter who did it.

This is another clue from the defense on their strategy and I appreciate it. LKB mentioned on 48 hours that they were going to dispute the location of the duct tape. This just confirms that. Sounds like the police description does not match the sealed pictures. IMO I am sure many posters appreciate when Jb gives us little clues into the future trial. IMO

You bring up a good point that the jury shouldn't only take LE's word on things. The same is true for the defense as well. Just because JB says something, that doesn't make it fact either. That's why I think it is important to allow the jury the chance to see as much of the evidence as possible so that they will be able to come to their own conclusions on things.

I think the same thing could be said about the pictures of Casey partying after Caylee went missing. In court, the defense said that pictures of Casey partying on June 20th have nothing to do w/Caylee being missing. The prosecution disagrees and I believe they think it goes to show her frame of mind and it goes to show that she was not out looking for her missing daughter her every waking moment like she told LE. I say let the jury see those pictures of Casey partying so that they can make up their own minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine