585 users online (58 members and 527 guests)  

Websleuths News

Some interesting information regarding Eggs

as in Chicken Eggs:
    http://green.yahoo.com/blog/the_cons...bout-eggs.html

I have to say I was some what grossed out by the information as to what is in egg substitutes...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

This is interesting. I always spend the extra to get "vegetarian fed" or organic eggs. I thought getting "hormone free" eggs was a good thing, but according to this article it means nothing.

I raise my own eggs and the ability to watch the daily habits and interactions of your chickens is priceless. They truly are social birds. I have one Americana and she lays blue eggs. This is a great hobby for young children you want to teach responsibility. Just take a look at the different varieties of chickens, it will blow your mind. And you can raise any of them.
    Last edited by PorcineGranny; 05-12-2010 at 12:35 PM.
    narrow, limited thinker, but I'm trying to grow

We had chickens growing up, and I would love to have them again... My HOA, however, would greatly frown on the idea...

They did say, at the last meeting, that if the economy keeps tanking that they will rethink that clause and start allowing us to keep poultry...

Quote Originally Posted by PorcineGranny View Post
    I raise my own eggs and the ability to watch the daily habits and interactions of your chickens is priceless. They truly are social birds. I have one Americana and she lays blue eggs. This is a great hobby for young children you want to teach responsibility. Just take a look at the different varieties of chickens, it will blow your mind. And you can raise any of them.
    I would LOVE to do this. Really love it, but I am thinking my landlord might have a hard time with it.....
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I'd really love to raise my own chickens for eggs. I thoroughly enjoyed being in charge of collecting eggs and caring for chickens when I visited my grandparents when I was a child.

I think my block association would frown on chickens, though.

I wish we could have chickens. We have an acre+ but no livestock is allowed in our neighborhood!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I would LOVE to do this. Really love it, but I am thinking my landlord might have a hard time with it.....
    LOL- me too, can't see it happening in my apartment though. But when we visit my mom in the country my girls love going to the neighbours house (supervised) to get fresh eggs from the chooks.