GUILTY NV - Geno Valerio, 2, drowned in swimming pool, Las Vegas, 2 May 2010

DairyGirl

Reaction score
LAS VEGAS -- A Las Vegas woman told police she was “happy” her 2-year-old son drowned in a backyard pool, because she wouldn’t have to worry about treating his diabetes, according to an arrest report.
Mary Jane Lopez, 22, was arrested Monday, eight days after the boy’s death, Las Vegas TV station KVVU reported.

Police said Lopez left the toddler, Geno Valerio, and his 1-year-old twin siblings at the house while she went to the store. Lopez told police she was frustrated with the children’s father, whom she said wasn’t spending enough time with them.
http://www.kptv.com/news/23530872/detail.html

I am just speechless.

I'm wondering if the baby had already gone into the pool before she left and she knew she was leaving him to drown :(
The article says the grandfather was at the home but did not know she was leaving and that the sliding patio door was left open that led to the pool.

I hope she is not able to keep her other babies!

VB

She may end up in jail, so I think the other babies will be cared for elsewhere...that is extreme negligence, even without the quote...

I'm wondering if the baby had already gone into the pool before she left and she knew she was leaving him to drown :(
The article says the grandfather was at the home but did not know she was leaving and that the sliding patio door was left open that led to the pool.

I hope she is not able to keep her other babies!

VB

Lopez is charged with three felony counts of child neglect. Her other two children have been placed with child protective services.
From the above link. I hope they never return those poor babies.

Frustrated with their father? Why didn't she drown him?

What in the he*l do these woman think is going to happen when you have three da*n kids under the age of two? The guy is just suddenly going to be daddy of the year? How much time did he spend with the poor little guy who is now dead? Then you go and have more kids?

Yeah everytime I got frustrated with my ex husband for something I'd just leave my two year old all alone and go to the store.

:( How could anyone say they're happy their child has died? How could any mother be that reckless no matter how 'mad' they are at the father? If anything, those kids needed more love if their father wasn't as involved as he should be.

:banghead: Poor little fella. RIP, sweet angel.

Now she wasn't at the store. She was asleep. She kinda thinks it's her fault the poor baby drowned because "I wasn't watching him".

Lopez also admitted to leaving the children alone in their rooms often.

The grandpop thought all the kids were with her. She had asked to borrow his cell phone to call her husband. The husband wanted to go out that night with friends. She was mad.

Ummmm, so ya fell asleep? She also is clearing up the "happy" part. Ya know so he didn't have to get bigger and suffer. Diabetes and all. As if that is an automatic life sentence? More like a chore for her?

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12471195

So, she would rather he be dead than to be inconvenienced by his diabetes? What kind of ......

According to the arrest report, Lopez and Wright discussed the possibility of disposing of the boy’s body without calling police because, “I think it will be easier that I don’t have to worry about him anymore, about him suffering from diabetes and measuring his insulin," Lopez said.
http://www.kptv.com/news/23530872/detail.html

That poor, inconvenienced woman. Measuring insulin and all.

And talking about hiding his body. This should be a murder charge.

Seriously!? This woman cannot call herself a mother; there are many, many, MANY folks that actively live with diabetes... Selfish is a staggering understatement for this woman... And yet, I stumbled upon this story trying to figure out how to post one that just happened in my area... One about a real mother, so, since I can't figure out how to start a new thread, I can post it here... about a real mom, and maybe, if someone can move it, then, great and thank you...

This woman is not a real mother:

A Las Vegas woman told police she was “happy” her 2-year-old son drowned in a backyard pool, because she wouldn’t have to worry about treating his diabetes, according to an arrest report.

This is:

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12484728

New information on Chesterfield shooting victim

Thursday was supposed to be exciting and fun. Danny says Crystal had pulled into the driveway, with her 2-year son Aiden. They were there to get 6-year old Tristan, who was coming on the bus. The three were headed to a birthday party. But around 3:30 p.m. Chesterfield police say 28-year old Douglas Eroughty showed up and shot Crystal before shooting himself.

"It's going to affect the rest of their life," said David Stitt.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back