Thread: Amber's Mom Visits With John Gardner

Amber's Mom Visits With John Gardner

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...-93638644.html

McGonigle said she got a call early this afternoon from a sheriff's deputy at San Diego County Central Jail. She said the deputy told her that Gardner wanted to meet with her and that she had to be at the jail by 3 p.m.

McGonigle said she began asking Gardner questions about how he took Amber, who was last seen on her way to school on Feb. 13, 2009. The Escondido teen's mother said he answered every one of her questions during their 30-minute meeting.

Source: Amber's Mom Talks to Gardner in Jail | NBC San Diego
    Last edited by Nancy2441; 05-12-2010 at 11:31 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nancy2441 For This Useful Post:

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Indianagirl For This Useful Post:

It sounds like it was a visit that helped Amber's Mother get some answers. Good. Let's put him away forever then on Friday.

http://www.10news.com/news/23535375/detail.html

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

I just watched 10 news here in San Diego. Amber's mom said she will not release details of what Gardner told her, out of respect for Amber's Dad, Moe. Carrie said Moe is not ready to hear any details about what happened to Amber. Until he is, the public won't hear it either.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nancy2441 For This Useful Post:

I can't believe that woman pushed Amber's mom! Talk about adding insult to injury. My heart broke for Carrie all over again. What a courageous woman. I hope she has some peace of mind somehow.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spamelope For This Useful Post:

It took a tremendous amount of courage for Carrie to sit and face her daughter's murderer and ask the details of her abduction and murder. I'm glad she finally got the answers she needed.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoCalSleuth For This Useful Post:

Wow! I don't know if I could've done what she did. I'm glad that she was able to meet with him and get some answers. I can't imagine.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Recovering-Lurker For This Useful Post:

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12470359

Amber's mom has the answers she's been waiting to hear for months, and she got them straight from John Gardner. And though she's not sharing details about what he revealed, out of respect for Amber's father, McGonigle has closure.

McGonigle's friend and spokesperson says she spent Wednesday night working on the victim impact statement she will read at the sentencing on Friday, adding that her meeting with Gardner did change what she will say.

Dubois' Mom Talks About Meeting Gardner In Exclusive Interview

During her meeting with Gardner Wednesday, McGonigle said he told her he was always willing to speak with her, but said his attorney prevented him from doing so.

Additionally, she told 10News she is struggling with her victim's impact statement, not because of the obvious painful reasons one could imagine, but because she was worried it would bring some sort of satisfaction to her daughter's killer.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nancy2441 For This Useful Post:

Charlie09 is offline Don't let the Charlie fool ya, Proud Mamma here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy2441 View Post

During her meeting with Gardner Wednesday, McGonigle said he told her he was always willing to speak with her, but said his attorney prevented him from doing so.

Additionally, she told 10News she is struggling with her victim's impact statement, not because of the obvious painful reasons one could imagine, but because she was worried it would bring some sort of satisfaction to her daughter's killer.
    I feel bad about a lot of family members and what they go through, that we read about here....this one though has my heart, literally through my throat. I don't know that I've ever felt as badly for someone I don't know. I hope she makes it through this a life that can be lived again, not just surviving it.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charlie09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
    I feel bad about a lot of family members and what they go through, that we read about here....this one though has my heart, literally through my throat. I don't know that I've ever felt as badly for someone I don't know. I hope she makes it through this a life that can be lived again, not just surviving it.
    I just heard an interview with Carrie on the KFI John and Ken show. She's a brave, resolute lady. She stated that she feels NOW she can move on with her life.

When she talked with JAG, she did not ask for any specific details of the death, but wanted to know how Gardner was able to "snatch" Amber from the street. She has that information now.

Despite John and Ken trying to have her reveal this information she was firm that when she has talked with her family and Amber's father, then she will share it so other parents know what happened--to help them keep their kids safe.

What an untenable situation. I can only think good thoughts and prayers for her and her family and Amber's dad.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
    Groucho Marx

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tink56 For This Useful Post: