1574 users online (365 members and 1209 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TX - Sex Offender Arrested At Houston Hotel

All I can say is Timothy Ryan Richert shouldn't have been out on bond.

There's so many charges and a bond and him fleeing when cops came to arrest him I'm confused.

Bottom line there was a violent sex offender on the loose in a hotel who should have been behind bars.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7001558.html

Ohhhhh this is way worse than what I originally got from the first news blurb.

Former teacher. Sexually assaulted elementary school kids. Carjacks a woman while cops are after him. Tried to kick in his neighbors door as well.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7002560.html

This is not exactly on or off topic, but our local news station just did a report on how frequent this is -- and we all go on vacation with the kids and while we might be diligent of safety, how many of us even just a few years ago would have thought about a sex offender being a "guest"?
    http://www.local12.com/news/local/st...g8F9FWbOg.cspx

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    This is not exactly on or off topic, but our local news station just did a report on how frequent this is -- and we all go on vacation with the kids and while we might be diligent of safety, how many of us even just a few years ago would have thought about a sex offender being a "guest"?
    http://www.local12.com/news/local/st...g8F9FWbOg.cspx
    Extra thanks button for you, ANJ. It's not off topic.

How many of us even a few years ago thought about it? ME! Honestly. Growing up my parents were extra vigilant about hotels, motels. Always staying at the Jersey shore. You let your guard down. You're at the pool. Give the kids some freedom for the boardwalk.

That's a disaster. Just what a freak looks for. Throw in some handyman or another person with a key. Lord, it's dangerous. Not sure if it was true or just our mom trying to scare us that a little child was going down for a soda out of a machine I think in a Disney hotel and he got grabbed into a room. That was yeaaaaaaaars ago.

Thank you again. To this day no matter how "secure" the hotel I'll take drawers out of the dresser and stack them all up at the door. Ya know just in case. Raised by a cop that's how ya turn out. LOL Paranoid, but safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Extra thanks button for you, ANJ. It's not off topic.

How many of us even a few years ago thought about it? ME! Honestly. Growing up my parents were extra vigilant about hotels, motels. Always staying at the Jersey shore. You let your guard down. You're at the pool. Give the kids some freedom for the boardwalk.

That's a disaster. Just what a freak looks for. Throw in some handyman or another person with a key. Lord, it's dangerous. Not sure if it was true or just our mom trying to scare us that a little child was going down for a soda out of a machine I think in a Disney hotel and he got grabbed into a room. That was yeaaaaaaaars ago.

Thank you again. To this day no matter how "secure" the hotel I'll take drawers out of the dresser and stack them all up at the door. Ya know just in case. Raised by a cop that's how ya turn out. LOL Paranoid, but safe.
    Good, then when my kids refer to me as being overprotective for having made them aware of all this when they were young, I can send the emails your way! LOL
    Seriously, I am hyper diligent by nature but up until maybe 15 -20 years ago, while I would have thought of a kidnapper, a rapist (for adults) and thief I honestly never thought about a pedo being a hotel guest. I think only after having my own kids and with the emergence of the lists and public attention.
    Seems we can say, not to live by a park, a school but the same creep can be lurking by the pool. (No, I swear I am not Susan Moss!)

Ohhhhh this is way worse than what I originally got from the first news blurb.

Former teacher. Sexually assaulted elementary school kids. Carjacks a woman while cops are after him. Tried to kick in his neighbors door as well.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7002560.html
    From that article (BBM):

Typically, a super-aggravated offense is a combination of a first-degree sexual assault committed on a child under the age of six.

The enhanced charges are products of new laws that carry a minimum of 25 years in prison without chance of parole or diminution of the sentence.

“Even if you've never gotten a traffic ticket before, there's no probation, no deferred adjudication. There's just prison time — 25 years, day for day,”
    Keiter said.
    Wow, I wasn't aware that charge existed - gotta love Texas!
    Last edited by SkewedView; 05-13-2010 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkewedView View Post
    From that article (BBM):

Wow, I wasn't aware that charge existed - gotta love Texas!
    I DO love Texas!

Thanks for pointing that out there Skewed.

I DO love Texas!

Thanks for pointing that out there Skewed.
    Yep, it's a great start, now if only we could get states to prohibit judges from handing out parole or alternate sentences for all felony violent and sex offenses.