1061 users online (231 members and 830 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!

Stop drinking your lotion, people!

Here's a warning you probably thought you'd never need: The federal Food and Drug Administration is urging consumers not to swallow Benadryl Extra-Strength Itch-Stopping Gel after receiving reports of people chugging the lotion that’s meant to be used only on the skin.

At least 121 people have reported gulping the gel, which they confused with other over-the-counter Benadryl products that are actually intended to be swallowed, between 2001 and 2009. FDA officials said they had received reports of serious side effects from drinking the lotion. In large amounts, the active ingredient in the gel, diphenhydramine, can cause numb lips, unconsciousness, hallucinations and confusion.

One man reported that he simply grabbed the wrong medicine from the kitchen cabinet where he stored the cough medicine.

“One small swig and he knew he had made a mistake,” reported the patient safety site www.consumermedsafety.org. “He threw it up and his lips were numb for two hours.”

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/archive...2/2312424.aspx
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

All I can say is.. that stuff must taste awful!

This may be mean, but...if you're going to take some medicine, don't grab it in the dark and/or without looking at it closely! You could be grabbing anything! Who would swallow something without knowing for sure what it was?
    If there is anything worse than the sandwiches, it is the sausages which sit next to them. Joyless tubes, full of gristle, floating in a sea of something hot and sad, stuck with a plastic pin in the shape of a chef’s hat: A memorial, one feels, for some chef who hated the world, and died, forgotten and alone among his cats on a back stair in Stepney. – Douglas Adams

I think at least one of these people are serving on the jury for the Vanessa Coleman trial.

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. The two containers really don't look that much alike and the liquids don't look anything alike. Wth?
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

Absolutely speechless.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Great. now all the teenagers are gona be buying the stores out of benadryl itch cream stuff.

There are no words for "those" people...
    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybass0711 View Post
    Here's a warning you probably thought you'd never need: The federal Food and Drug Administration is urging consumers not to swallow Benadryl Extra-Strength Itch-Stopping Gel after receiving reports of people chugging the lotion that’s meant to be used only on the skin.

At least 121 people have reported gulping the gel, which they confused with other over-the-counter Benadryl products that are actually intended to be swallowed, between 2001 and 2009. FDA officials said they had received reports of serious side effects from drinking the lotion. In large amounts, the active ingredient in the gel, diphenhydramine, can cause numb lips, unconsciousness, hallucinations and confusion.

One man reported that he simply grabbed the wrong medicine from the kitchen cabinet where he stored the cough medicine.

“One small swig and he knew he had made a mistake,” reported the patient safety site www.consumermedsafety.org. “He threw it up and his lips were numb for two hours.”

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/archive...2/2312424.aspx
    What can I say..... There's one in every crowd...... or in this case 121 in every crowd.....

That's kinda like looking at personal hygiene products with a warning that says "not for consumption". You just have to laugh -- but there are people that...um....put them in the wrong places

MOO

Mel

ps: cute thread