1252 users online (246 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2010.05.13 ~ LE found physical evidence at the St. John's river

Investigators searched the St. Johns River and found physical evidence, which has been sent to a lab for analysis. They are still awaiting the results.<snipped>

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23541441/detail.html

Laece is offline Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!
    Thanks, Kimster! I hope that's accurate! In this case, you never know.
    do not use my posts without my written permission, other than for use contained within quoting on this websleuths site.

just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

You're out of the woods
    You're out of the dark

You're out of the night
    Step into the sun, step into the light.

Just stop it, Casey.

Quote Originally Posted by Laece View Post
    Thanks, Kimster! I hope that's accurate! In this case, you never know.
    I know it! I always have to ask myself another question. Regarding this report I ask, "physical evidence of what? That people fish off the pier?" I'm scared to be hopeful, KWIM?

Yes, Lord.......I believe they have physical evidence because after that search it was turned into a homicide investigation. Let's hope it brings justice to Haleigh.

Laece is offline Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I know it! I always have to ask myself another question. Regarding this report I ask, "physical evidence of what? That people fish off the pier?" I'm scared to be hopeful, KWIM?
    Yes, I know exactly what you mean, I thought the same thing!
    do not use my posts without my written permission, other than for use contained within quoting on this websleuths site.

just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

You're out of the woods
    You're out of the dark

You're out of the night
    Step into the sun, step into the light.

Just stop it, Casey.

that could just mean a brick or two...maybe they are saying they found evidence for their own reasons, to get the gang worried again...just don't know anymore...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Please let this be the beginning of the end.

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Remember the reports of the cinder blocks found, and also of the yellow rope that Lyndsy allowed Law Enforcement to come into her home and get.
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Physical evidence???...Hmmm...Makes me think(correct me if I am wrong..or way off) that it was determined ....at that time....the case of Haleigh is NOW changed to a Homicide ...when the search was underway at the harbor....and the divers were finding "evidence" in the water.....Putting the 2 together...physical evidence and NOW A HOMICIDE...makes me think the search found evidence of Haleigh...either...sorry...(bones,hair,teeth, SOMETHING ...to call it a homicide...and to say to start preparing for a funeral.....Something they FOUND...(and not by someone's comment) CONVINCED the LE to pronounce it a homicide...Since that day...and that statement made...has swayed me to believe...they found SOMETHING of Haleigh..either in the woods or in the water....The LE have been tight lipped about what they found, other than saying the cement blocks...IMO..they found something else, too...that is why it is now changed to homicide...IMO also, just finding the cement blocks would not justify calling it a Homicide...IMO...they found SOMETHING..that has changed it to homicide....And to say to start preparing for a funeral.....IMO..that is a strong statement for the LE to make...just based on finding some cement blocks....THERE HAS TO BE STRONGER EVIDENCE FOUND...and IDENTIFIED...JMO and what I think today..

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by justus4all View Post
    Physical evidence???...Hmmm...Makes me think(correct me if I am wrong..or way off) that it was determined ....at that time....the case of Haleigh is NOW changed to a Homicide ...when the search was underway at the harbor....and the divers were finding "evidence" in the water.....Putting the 2 together...physical evidence and NOW A HOMICIDE...makes me think the search found evidence of Haleigh...either...sorry...(bones,hair,teeth, SOMETHING ...to call it a homicide...and to say to start preparing for a funeral.....Something they FOUND...(and not by someone's comment) CONVINCED the LE to pronounce it a homicide...Since that day...and that statement made...has swayed me to believe...they found SOMETHING of Haleigh..either in the woods or in the water....The LE have been tight lipped about what they found, other than saying the cement blocks...IMO..they found something else, too...that is why it is now changed to homicide...IMO also, just finding the cement blocks would not justify calling it a Homicide...IMO...they found SOMETHING..that has changed it to homicide....And to say to start preparing for a funeral.....IMO..that is a strong statement for the LE to make...just based on finding some cement blocks....THERE HAS TO BE STRONGER EVIDENCE FOUND...and IDENTIFIED...JMO and what I think today..
    I don't think they found a body or bones. I hope I am wrong and closure can be at hand for Haleigh's family. I am thinking the homicide declaration is due in in part to a confession of sorts from Tommy and LE are waiting for any kind of link to be made between the evidence recovered from the River and Haleigh or her home. JMO
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Can forensics determine how long an item was in the water? I'm skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    This sounds promising, but we've been hopeful in the past that there had been a break in the case, only to be disappointed.

It's been a month (?) since the search of the St. Johns River, and if physical evidence was found and sent off to a lab for forensic evaluation, we should be hearing of results from that testing soon.

The question is, will the physical results lead to an arrest? Or, do the physical results only confirm that Haleigh is deceased (as per Sheriff Hardy's statement that this is now a homicide investigation), but we're no closer to who the murderer is?
    My posts are my opinion..........

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    Can forensics determine how long an item was in the water? I'm skeptical.
    You know, I have the same question, how long was this whatever they found actually in that water? Could it have been put there, like maybe when TN and GGMS were "searching" right before LE?
    Justice for HaLeigh

Maybe they found Haleigh's missing inhaylor?
    Last edited by pingpong; 05-15-2010 at 05:14 PM.

I do believe they did find physical evidence in the river and out lying areas.

That makes me believe that whatever Tommy and Misty told them this time is lining up with the evidence. Not only the evidence found in the river but other evidence they have uncovered in their long 15 months investigation.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast