MA - Video catches teacher beating student

I wondered when this was gonna pop up. I am shocked it took til lunchtime. I figured this would be the talk of the forum from the get go this morning.

Unbelievable.

Lemme get this straight. The student was making fun of (ie bullying with words) a disabled kid and the teacher responded by bullying the student with fists and feet????

Yeah, that'll learn him how to treat people.

Watching the video, if I wasn't informed she was a teacher I never would have thought that was what I was seeing. To me it looked like some punk girl fighting a smaller kid.

In the article it also says students say there were other employees who witnessed this and did nothing.

VB

every adult that witnessed this and did nothing should be fired. I don't usually tell people to sue but this mother needs to sue the pants off this teacher and school. Atleast enough to send her school to a private school .

This is despicable behavior displayed by this teacher. There are many creative ways to discipline a student without this type of out of control behavior by someone who should be a role model. This woman chose the wrong profession. Glad she was fired.

wm

I don't care (I care if he hit her- don't take it like that LOL) even if he did hit the little girl he still should not have been beaten by a teacher!

Man I'd be in jail right now, I'll tell ya'll that much- if that were my son? This mother should be very proud of how she is choosing to handle this- better woman than I am I'll give her that!!

She is very lucky that wasn't my son!

She should be arrested for child abuse and aggravated assault on a child. She should have her license revoked, never to work around children again.

Where does she come off doing this to someone's child???

I swear, she is so very lucky that wasn't my child..:furious:

I know violence begets violence, two wrongs don't make a right...but damn...where does she come off???? I'd get arrested but it would be an arrest for a crime of passion...the passion for my child..:innocent:

She is very lucky that wasn't my son!

She should be arrested for child abuse and aggravated assault on a child. She should have her license revoked, never to work around children again.

Where does she come off doing this to someone's child???

I swear, she is so very lucky that wasn't my child..:furious:

I know violence begets violence, two wrongs don't make a right...but damn...where does she come off???? I'd get arrested but it would be an arrest for a crime of passion...the passion for my child..:innocent:

Really- this woman is my hero! That's a good mom, IMO

Here's the video:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H9lRQD223A[/ame]

Ok at first it looked like play. Like maybe it was part of a self defense lesson or something. Her movements were so exaggerated at first. Sounded like the kid was laughing. But as you watch, it looks more like she is smacking that kid.

I just watched this on nancy grace

She should be in Jail. because if it was my son, I would probably be behind bars if she was not behind bars

I dont care what the kid did, there was no reason for that
the other teachers should of stopped it

Ok at first it looked like play. Like maybe it was part of a self defense lesson or something. Her movements were so exaggerated at first. Sounded like the kid was laughing. But as you watch, it looks more like she is smacking that kid.

I heard a report that said it was other kids watching and laughing. If you watch the tape, it does seem to be the case. Watch the woman slam the kids head against a wall. She could have really damaged him.

I heard a report that said it was other kids watching and laughing. If you watch the tape, it does seem to be the case. Watch the woman slam the kids head against a wall. She could have really damaged him.

i totally agree why isnt she in jail, my husband is a teacher, he doesnt even close the door when students are alone with him much less ever put his hands on them...he is a really big guy and he has to break up fights, but he even wants to hestitate sometimes because kids will then claim he was to rough...this is a crime ugh!!!!!

I cannot even begin to imagine how this child and his mother felt. I cannot even begin to imagine how I would react had that been my daughter who was viciously attacked. I noted that one of the articles said the teacher has been fired. However, that is not adequate. This teacher must be charged and prosecuted. Nothing less will do. The school can apologize all they want, but until that woman is arrested, apologies mean very little.

<<<<snipped article for purpose>>>>

The video, shared with FOX 26 News by a parent, shows a sixth grade student being kicked and pummeled. The student's parent says the video is now in the hands of Harris County Sheriff's investigators. She says the teacher attacked 13-year-old Isaiah Johnson at the north Harris County charter school in late April.

"I'm horrified. I just can't believe something like that would happen to my child," Alesha Johnson told FOX 26 News.

The attack goes on for nearly a minute. Isaiah Johnson said it felt much longer.

"I was on the wall like this trying to get away from her and she started hitting me, banging my head to the wall and kicking me," Isaiah said.

"He's had a knot on his head for a week. He had a black eye, bruises on his cheek," Alesha added.

Other children in the class were watching and videotaping the attack. You can even hear some laughing.

The alleged incident happened just after TAKS testing two weeks ago.
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/new...ating-student-turned-over-to-sheriff's-office

Harris County police are investigating, I do hope an arrest will happen ASAP!

I thought it looked like she was playing too. Of course as it got further it did look worse. She had no right to hit that child. His mom should have a talk with him though because he has no right bullying a disabled child either.

Here's the thing. Turns out this was a charter school. Charter schools are only as good or as bad as their charters. This one is in a state where apparently "teachers" do not even need to be accreditted. So I will not be referring to her as a teacher from here on out without "". IMO a teacher is someone who has gone through college in education courses and is accreditted by the state.

Another point I would like to make is the lack of outrage and outcry from the black community as a whole. Why are there not mothers and fathers taking to the streets demanding criminal charges against this woman??

If a white "teacher" had beaten this child, or if a black "teacher" beat a white child, there would have been all the racial backlash, but it seems as if Black America as a whole has had a sort of non-reaction to this.

I do not care what color the child was or the "teacher" was, what happened in that classroom was competely inexcusable, and yes CRIMINAL! MOO

Please note I am not trying to stir teh racial pot here, but rather mentioning something that was orginally brought up by a black commentator on the news show that was covering this story. After he mentioned the lack of outcry from the black community it got me thinking he is right, why hasn't there been one?

She should be in jail. That poor boy was defenseless, he didn't try not one time to hit her back it looks like he was trying to get away like he stated. She also could have injured another student by throwing the desk back the way she did. I feel badly for him and his mother most think when they send there kids to school you have to worry about school kid bullys, now you have to worry about teachers being bullys.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back