UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot understand that. There are too many sick people out there and destroy human beings. Why hate so much between 2 divorced couples? From Gerren to Nathan now.

Ethan's first Halloween

28880_388677570963_661720963_4364132_7370140_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...view=global&subj=116369541732606&id=661720963

I know it's not very important comparatively, but I wonder (if JS's worker's comp. settlement has not been paid out yet) if JS will get to keep the whole amount now. Or will he have to pay it, which will probably go to SS's legal defense? (gag)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope
Suicide watch?

Screw that. Give them each some rope and a razor and turn your back.

I agree but which of them is on suicide watch?

He's adorable. Too bad the monster wasn't photoshopped out of that pic.
---
Ruby asked: I agree but which one is on suicide watch?

Both, I believe. I'd have to listen again, but I think the reporter said "they" were on a suicide watch.

News articles:
http://interceder.net/news/ethan-stacy

Probable cause documents:

Stephanie
http://www.standard.net/topics/etha...des/pdf/051210ProbableCauseStephanieSloop.pdf

Nathan
http://www.standard.net/topics/ethan-stacy/2010/site-includes/pdf/051210ProbableCauseNathanSloop.pdf

Light a Candle for Ethan:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=WS-ES

Prosecutor's Information:

Troy S. Rawlings

Davis County Attorney

800 West State Street
P.O. Box 618
Farmington, Utah 84025

(801) 451-4300

troy@co.davis.ut.us

I know it's not very important comparatively, but I wonder (if JS's worker's comp. settlement has not been paid out yet) if JS will get to keep the whole amount now. Or will he have to pay it, which will probably go to SS's legal defense? (gag)

If I recall correctly....

He hasn't received the settlement yet.

He won't have to pay the half to Stephanie because Ethan is dead now.

According to the newspapers, as long as he paid Stephanie half of the settlement, he could retain physical custody of Ethan. Now that Ethan is gone, he won't be able to retain custody, so he won't have to give her any money.

ETA...from the paper:

In the divorce settlement, Joe Stacy and Sloop agreed to share custody of the boy. He was to spend the school year with his father and summers with his mother. The agreement was approved by a Florida judge April 28.

The couple divided their personal property, Joe Stacy was required to pay $240 a month in child support and she gave up claims to a Florida house that fell into foreclosure in December, according to court files.

Joe Stacy was an oil-rig worker who expected a sum of money from a 2008 accident. He offered to share the settlement with Sloop, who insisted on full custody of the boy if the father didn't collect the money, but the judge ruled that condition was unenforceable.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7003777.html

I apologize if this has been discussed...I just cant believe this:

Joe Stacy was an oil-rig worker who expected a sum of money from a 2008 accident. He offered to share the settlement with Sloop, who insisted on full custody of the boy if the father didn't collect the money, but the judge ruled that condition was unenforceable.

This is BLACKMAIL!!! This woman was willing to sell her full custody of Ethan for her share of the money??? I am absolutely furious!! She never gave a DAMN about that precious boy!!!!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2011855933_apusmissingboyutah.html?syndication=rss

I'm not very good at this.

Attachments

• ethan-halloween.JPG
    ethan-halloween.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 44
Please email or call the Davis County Attorney's
Office in Layton, Utah and demand that justice for Ethan be served. Please email the prosecutor TROY RAWLINGS at: troy@daviscountyutah.gov.
Or CALL DAVID COLE at: 801-451-4300

Quoted from Pittsburghgirl:

"A few years back, there was a story about a stray female cat who had severe burns from going back into a burning building to rescue her kittens. The people who found her and the kittens named her Scarlet. I saw a mother turkey frantically trying to get her last baby turkey chick across a highway, the others waiting on the other side. Animals will risk their lives to save their young. That's all I have to say about these two."

How true is that!! I read a book recently about studies done that show our human instinct to sense danger is less in our society today than it was 100 years ago. We are loosing that basic human instinct, thanks to society rules basically. Wondering if this isn't the case with the instict for mothers to protect thier children (even thier young children). There seem to be so many more cases in the news these days of child abuse (w/mothers consent) murders and even mothers who leave perfectly normal families to pursue thier own wants and needs.

Not revelant to the discussion directly but I am still trying so hard to understand how this mother stood by and watched her son being beaten and tortured. (moo)

BeanE Thanks for posting the address to the prosecuter, I have a draft started now. Would it be okay to share it with others outside of WS? tia :)

The newlyweds aren't enjoying their honeymoon? Too bad. :sick:

Bless the person who's watching them. I'd be tempted to give them a rope and tall stool.

Brought over eyes4crime timeline

WARNING: GRAPHC and DISTURBING.
Thought I would bring the timeline forward for the members and guests - not sure we can believe much of what Stephanie has told.
Ethan's slow deterioration time-line of hell! 3rd revision.

May 4th - Tuesday
First of many cell phone pictures mom takes of abuse over the days. Picture of Ethan with large, notable, area of swelling to jaw and face.

May5th - Wednesday
Nate's mom visits - says all is fine
Nate takes Ethan in bedroom to punish and beats child around head area; face begins to swell.
Ethan's father, Joe Stacey, told his son was unavailable to talk as he had done in prior days.

Between May 5 and May 8
, Ethan "exhibits signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury,"

"Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death. Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports."

6 p.m. either Thursday or Friday...Stephanie Sloop come down the steps of her apartment and walk along the sidewalk onto the grass.
Quote:
"She seemed agitated, kept stopping and looking back," Hope said.

May 6th - Thursday
Ethan locked in bedroom while Stephanie and Nate marry; door knob taken off. Nate and Stephanie leave child in bedroom due to swelling and bruises.

Over the next several days, Ethan got progressively ill, police said Stephanie Sloop told detectives. He was vomiting, running a fever and would not eat. The couple forced the boy to drink two 16 oz. bottles of water, a bottle of KoolAid and orange juice in a two-hour period, police wrote in the jail statement. (from warrant of probable cause). Motrin and Benadryl were given for the swelling and Nate gave Benadryl so Ethan would stay quiet.

May 7th - Friday
Nate calls Stephanie to inform her Ethan is badly burned on hands, feet, and legs up to buttox area from running water in bath (claims Ethan turned on hot water). Stephanie finds human feces in child's mouth. Stephanie brushes Ethan's teeth until his gums bleed.

May 8th - Saturday
Child continues to suffer from scald burns and head injuries. Blood and vomit found in child's bed. Stephanie needs to wash bed sheets.

'Stephanie told us that on 05/08/2010 Ethan smeared his feces on the bathroom wall and on Nate."

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
Ethan is found dead in bed

Ethan wrapped in garbage bags with tape, brought to Powder Mountain area for burial. Hammer used to disfigure facial features and teeth of Ethan. Stephanie buys 2 cans lighter fluid to destroy evidence.

May 10th (Monday)
Late in day Stephanie reports child missing Make up story about child leaving the apt. 5x in in last 10 days in middle of night.

May 11th (Tuesday)
LE finds child buried - teeth and face smashed in with hammer, lighter fluid used to destroy evidence.

Please let me know of any additions or deletions. TIA
Thanks to all of you with suggestions for additions/corrections - used every one of them.

http://www.fox13now.com/media/acroba...5/53729228.pdf
Last edited by eyes4crime; Today at 02:40 PM. Reason: changed words and 2 sentences

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UT - 4 yr. old Ethan Stacy missing from Layton since 5/10/10 - #2

It's a legal settlement that was due before this crime occurred; I doubt there's anything anyone can do, to keep her from getting the money.

In between leaving Joe Stacy, SS lived in Vegas. What's to say the money wasn't gone? (What WAS she doing there? "Modeling?")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail