Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3

Excuse my rant.

In my opinion, SS is completely responsible. She could have prevented ALL of it. And she didn't stop it. This went on for DAYS! This wasn't one incident when she wasn't home. It went on and on. The details of what transpired are completely devastating and incomprehensible! I will be haunted for the rest of my life over what happened to poor Ethan. So yes, she should be charged with murder. In my opinion that is not even enough. There is nothing that can be done to take back what happened. NOTHING. This can never be righted. A poor man lost his beloved son. When I think of what Ethan went through... I can't even deal with the thoughts. And nothing can be done to take it all away. Nothing.

Rest in peace, little Ethan. There just aren't any words.
    "I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life."
    Rest in peace, Ethan Stacy and Aja Johnson.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RoseWhite For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    No doubt in my mind that she is not only equally responsible, but perhaps, the orchestrator of it all.
    That's sickening. The fact that LE said they have "a lot more evidence than in the documents" is making me sick. This is going to just get worse.

Little Ethan, I'm so so so sorry for what you went through.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Presser over. Wowie! I am *very* impressed with this prosecutor. Troy Rawlings. Hats off to him.

This is going to be a long, slow process. Maybe we need a forum for Ethan
    I was JUST about to ask if we could get a forum for Ethan. It's obvious this will drag out for a LONG time and it may help to make things more organized.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Its is very sick to think it could be worse...However I want to say that I am so impressed with Troy Rawlings and LE and ME there. I wish we had more prosecutors and LE offices like that in other places as well.

I am so thankful that they have decided to see aggravated murder charges for BOTH!
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem,
    smarter than you think, and loved more than you know...

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mahoneys07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    That's sickening. The fact that LE said they have "a lot more evidence than in the documents" is making me sick. This is going to just get worse.

Little Ethan, I'm so so so sorry for what you went through.
    I keep remembering Stephanie's comments about - brushing his teeth, giving him so much fluid, taking feces out of his mouth - can't help but think about what those words were really covering up! You're so right - this will only get worse. Unimaginable!moo
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoseWhite View Post
    Excuse my rant.

In my opinion, SS is completely responsible. She could have prevented ALL of it. And she didn't stop it. This went on for DAYS! This wasn't one incident when she wasn't home. It went on and on. The details of what transpired are completely devastating and incomprehensible! I will be haunted for the rest of my life over what happened to poor Ethan. So yes, she should be charged with murder. In my opinion that is not even enough. There is nothing that can be done to take back what happened. NOTHING. This can never be righted. A poor man lost his beloved son. When I think of what Ethan went through... I can't even deal with the thoughts. And nothing can be done to take it all away. Nothing.

Rest in peace, little Ethan. There just aren't any words.

Agree with you 100%.

I was afraid to fall asleep last night because this case was on my mind...Not sure I can ever erase the details from my head. I cannot even begin to fathom what Joe and his family are going through.
    Last edited by nitasch; 05-14-2010 at 01:50 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nitasch For This Useful Post:

I just keep thinking about how the DA said that we can't take what was in the pc statements as fact, I think what happened to Ethan is so much worse than what we had previously thought.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JLMcKenna83 For This Useful Post:

Well, I'm here for the long haul. I'll wait a year, two years, ten years to see justice served for this little boy (though I don't think it'll take that long).

Yes, a separate forum for Ethan would be great. Anything for him would be great.

I see Ethan's fund is only accepting checks right now. I'll hold out until a Paypal account is set up. They may see a huge jump in donations when they're able to accept payments online.

And for those of you with close contacts with the family...when the memorial/funeral details are established, please share what info you can. Though a lot of us couldn't be there, I'm sure some of us would still like to send flowers or other personal memorials. Thanks in advanced.
    'Ailina - Freelance Author, Home Educator
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ailinawillis

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

I was JUST about to ask if we could get a forum for Ethan. It's obvious this will drag out for a LONG time and it may help to make things more organized.
    Ditto

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitasch For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nitasch View Post
    Agree with you 100%.

I was afraid to fall asleep last night because this case was on my mind...Not sure I can ever erase the details from my head. I cannot even begin to fathom what Joe and his family are going through.
    I didn't sleep well either. I dreamt two of my girls had passed, and I was trying to come to terms to the fact they were gone and life would continue without them.

No doubt, this is Ethan's dad's reality right now. I hope his heart can bear the burden.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

I wonder what came out of LE's reinterview with Nathan and Stephanie. Was that yesterday?

Perps usually downplay events and their involvement. I can only imagine what really happened in comparison to what is in the Probable Cause Statements.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ailina View Post
    I didn't sleep well either. I dreamt two of my girls had passed, and I was trying to come to terms to the fact they were gone and life would continue without them.

No doubt, this is Ethan's dad's reality right now. I hope his heart can bear the burden.
    That's awful - not a dream but more a nightmare! This case is getting to all of us - not often we are given the details of torture and so much more to come yet. This mom is really sick and imo probably orchestrated most of this. moo

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat517 View Post
    Yes, She called to see if he had one; if not she offered hers. Very touching.
    Touching, yes. Rational or helpful? No. I can't imagine Joe Stacy wanting to see his child buried in Utah, a place where Ethan had only lived for a few days before being murdered.

I think we all need to remember that the more we interrupt the prosecutors, detectives and ME, the more time it takes away from their job: investigating and charging these monsters with murder.

They know what they have to do, and are going to charge these slime with the highest possible charges. They were very clear in the press conference, that they'd received many many communitions.

IMO, I think we should trust them to do their job without our "help".

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:

Before I forget, I read somewhere that the Layton McDonalds employees left a Happy Meal for him at the memorial site. Yep, had me bawling again when I read that.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Ailina,

I just sent a couple of text messages out for and address request from the family, will post when I get it.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nitasch For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by laytonian View Post
    Touching, yes. Rational or helpful? No. I can't imagine Joe Stacy wanting to see his child buried in Utah, a place where Ethan had only lived for a few days before being murdered.

I think we all need to remember that the more we interrupt the prosecutors, detectives and ME, the more time it takes away from their job: investigating and charging these monsters with murder.

They know what they have to do, and are going to charge these slime with the highest possible charges. They were very clear in the press conference, that they'd received many many communitions.

IMO, I think we should trust them to do their job without our "help".
    We own several plots in VA, I would offer one, but our place there is far north of where Joe lives, don't think it would be much of a help either.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nitasch For This Useful Post:

Sounds like Little Ethan has the best of the best to bring justice to him. More children need prosecuters like this one working on their case. This guy isn't messing around.
    Sweet little boy Ethan, you will have peace!!!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobbieBu For This Useful Post:

Have they been to court, yet?
    IMO

OMG---I somehow have not heard of this one and only read the first and last page of this thread. I'm speechless....and horrified. And as I always say in these freaking cases that make want to choke someone...at least he isn't suffering anymore..no more abuse for Ethan. That's always the best and only good thing I see out of them. What sick people we have in this world.
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SailorMoon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Before I forget, I read somewhere that the Layton McDonalds employees left a Happy Meal for him at the memorial site. Yep, had me bawling again when I read that.
    I always feel like the biggest party pooper around, but I think that was some serious bad judgment.

Why? If it really was a "happy meal" with food inside, all the local stray cats, dogs, and mice would be attracted to that memorial and scavenge through it.

Then, the apartment management (who aren't very happy about all the publicity), will have an excuse to remove everything.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:

One thing I wanted to add…. although I am sick that Stephanie documented
    the abuse using her cell phone… I also want to tell her THANK YOU! That may
    just be the evidence that will bring them both to justice and prove to a jury
    that he did in fact die from their abuse and may be just what a jury needs to
    see to vote for their death!

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to harleysnana For This Useful Post:

PRESSER RECAP

David Cole (assisting the prosecutor) speaking now.

Offering condolences to Ethans family, and thanks to the public.

Says they're concerned for the privacy of Ethans family and memory.

Prosecutor Troy Rawlings speaking now. Says it's the intent of the Davis Co. Prosecutor office to seek the highest charges they can.

Stephanie and Nathan being held without bail while the investigation continues.

Troy Rawlings says their is evidence of Ethans abuse, and that abuse caused the death of Ethan.

There were over 50 officers from various agencies involved with this case.

The medical examiners office is a key component of this case.

Commends the Layton PD for responding quickly and acting professionally.

Prosecutor going on and on about how professional Layton PD and PD Chief acted.

Says things are being processed to determine how accurate the documents are now, but says they were accurate at the time.

Says the documents were held for a few hours before being released because the police chief wanted to tell Ethans father the information first.

Charges today were NOT formally filed. They intend to file with the second district court once the evidence they need is obtained, submitted, and processed.

Nathan and Stephanie will BOTH be charged with aggravated murder, child abuse, descreation of a corpse and obstruction of justice. Looking at 4 felonies.

Says Ethans father was appreciative that charges weren't filed today so that LE had time to get their ducks in a row.

Prosecutor says the bail status was changed this morning to be held without bail.

They are scheduled to be in court at 1pm today, and 1 or 1:30pm on May 28th.

Gathering evidence and waiting to file charges until they have enough evidence that a jury will all say guilty.

Financial records, computer records, audio and video recordings, photographs, etc. are all being looked at as evidence right now.

Medical examiners office says a complete autopsy will be available in "a couple of weeks".

Prosecutor is stressing that they are still gathering evidence, and that's why they haven't filed.

Says public outpour has been tremendous. Offering burial plots, trust funds, etc. Public greatly wants to help Ethan Stacy and his family.

Says they know that Stephanie and Nathan are still presumed as innocent.

UT has a crime victims bill of rights, and defendants may need more time for evidence, expert witnesses, etc.

Justice will not happen overnight.

Under Rule 3.6 prosecutors cannot comment about the facts of the case due to the fact that the defendants are entitled to a fair trial.

Taking time for reporters questions...

Reporter asking if they will have a hard time establishing aggravated murder charge. Prosecutor says if they can't justify it, they won't file it.

Reporter asking if they feel Stephanie is just as responsible as Nathan. Prosecutor says there is a "massive information of evidence above and beyond the statements" that Stephanie is just as responsible.

Reporter asking about motive. Prosecutor declined to comment.

Reporter asking about a fair trial in Davis County due to media attention. Prosecutor says he's not worried about it.

Reporter asking about where Ethans body is. Prosecutor said Ethans body is still at ME office.

Says it could be around the 25th-28th of May before a cause of death is released.

ME Office is "being careful and thoughtful".

Prosecution says they know a lot more than the documents.

Says bail is being changed several times due to more and more evidence coming in.

Prosecutor doesn't know whether Nathan and Stephanie have showed any remorse, or what section of the jail (ie-isolation) that they're in.

im so happy to see they are both being charged with poor Ethans murder, hell is too good for them, RIP sweet baby boy, made me sick as to what they have done to this child
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoppyH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by laytonian View Post
    I always feel like the biggest party pooper around, but I think that was some serious bad judgment.

Why? If it really was a "happy meal" with food inside, all the local stray cats, dogs, and mice would be attracted to that memorial and scavenge through it.

Then, the apartment management (who aren't very happy about all the publicity), will have an excuse to remove everything.
    You're not a party pooper, laytonian. You're just being practical.

Honestly, I don't think it will be a problem if that "perishable" item is removed at the end of the day. (Hoping someone thinks to remove it when evening arrives.)

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    Have they been to court, yet?
    They should be in about 40 minutes.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to harleysnana For This Useful Post:

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by harleysnana View Post
    One thing I wanted to add…. although I am sick that Stephanie documented
    the abuse using her cell phone… I also want to tell her THANK YOU! That may
    just be the evidence that will bring them both to justice and prove to a jury
    that he did in fact die from their abuse and may be just what a jury needs to
    see to vote for their death!
    No doubt those pics will have significant impact on a jury. Hope Stephanie got pics of the little guy after Nate smashed his teeth and face with a hammer and the lighter fluid burning. Let's not forget Steph bought that lighter fluid along with her slurpies.
    Last edited by eyes4crime; 05-14-2010 at 02:21 PM.

49. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast