Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    MCNEILL: Police have told us that he has -- his lawyer claims that he has two witnesses who will say he was in Newport News, Virginia where he has a home on that morning. And I`m sure that they`re checking those alibis, but so far haven`t shaken them.

John McNeill is the news director for WKZO radio, one of the local media out of Kalamazoo.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../03/ng.01.html
    TY for finding that. Thats what I meant about us playing the children's game of telephone. It never said "two, loyal friends." We all have to becareful when reading that we don't take people's comments as facts.
    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crystalgenie For This Useful Post:

If he was a single male living alone, how the heck do his friends know where he's at that early in the morning?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thesaint For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    MCNEILL: Police have told us that he has -- his lawyer claims that he has two witnesses who will say he was in Newport News, Virginia where he has a home on that morning. And I`m sure that they`re checking those alibis, but so far haven`t shaken them.

John McNeill is the news director for WKZO radio, one of the local media out of Kalamazoo.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../03/ng.01.html
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I knew I'd read that somewhere! Bless your heart! I thought I was going senile!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thesaint View Post
    You said that's the back of the house and it appears to be such.

According to this photo and text, the mailbox at that house is located where most mailboxes are: in the front of the home:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ent=NGblog.jpg
    In this case the front of the house faces towards the river (not unusual for riverside properties), so the mail box is in the back.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natal For This Useful Post:

Hey, what's NG? Thanks.

Last edited by KateB; 05-02-2015 at 12:06 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to spamelope For This Useful Post:

NG is the twins bio mom, Nancy Grace lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to spamelope For This Useful Post:

- Regarding the tarp wrapper found near the area where the scuffle occurred -

It is not too difficult for me to believe the tarp wrapper ended up on the ground as Venus was struggling to get away from her abductor. After all, the goal of the person who took Venus was to get her into the cab or back of the truck as quickly as possible and leave immediately.

It is obvious that in their hurry to leave, they failed to notice the tarp wrapper had fallen out of the truck. I sure hope it has Doug's finger prints on it. If not, it will surely have the prints of the person who rang up the sale at WalMart which would tie that tarp wrapper to the receipt for the tarp, hat, gloves and shovel purchased the day before Venus disappeared.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:

Something else about the logistics of this case--what was the kidnappers plan: to hang out by the woodpile with the truck parked nearby (visibly so?) until Venus emerged from the home alone?

What if she never came out of the house? How random and fortuitous (from the kidnappers POV) is it that she decided to walk out to the mailbox alone early in the morning? (perhaps she was induced to go mail stuff, but how? by whom?)

What if she comes out with one or both of the kids with her? Or one of her parents with her?

How long were they going to stand by the woodpile with the truck parked nearby and hope to escape detection?

My first thought on this case was 'possibly his FIRST intention was to steal one or both of the kids if they came outside. But, not sure how that fits into the scenario. I just wondered if his plan quickly changed when 'she' came out?

I know I'm just 'fishing' here.............. (sort of thinking out loud - or in this case on the computer)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marinemom For This Useful Post:

If he was a single male living alone, how the heck do his friends know where he's at that early in the morning?
    It's possible his alibi witnesses may place him at home later on in the day, but still within the time frame that it would've been impossible for him to be in MI when Venus was abducted. Just a thought. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

"Items seized:

6) Busch Garden 2-year 2-park pass"

Looks like the po-po wanna go ride some rollercoasters!

Or maybe they were still looking for the truck and thought it could be parked in a lot Busch Gardens.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thesaint For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
    - Regarding the tarp wrapper found near the area where the scuffle occurred -

It is not too difficult for me to believe the tarp wrapper ended up on the ground as Venus was struggling to get away from her abductor. After all, the goal of the person who took Venus was to get her into the cab or back of the truck as quickly as possible and leave immediately.

It is obvious that in their hurry to leave, they failed to notice the tarp wrapper had fallen out of the truck. I sure hope it has Doug's finger prints on it. If not, it will surely have the prints of the person who rang up the sale at WalMart which would tie that tarp wrapper to the receipt for the tarp, hat, gloves and shovel purchased the day before Venus disappeared.
    I think it would be sufficient to have the tarp (wrapper) match up with what's on the WalMart receipt to tie the purchases into Venus' abduction. And whoever purchased those items would be on store surveillance. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    It's possible his alibi witnesses may place him at home later on in the day, but still within the time frame that it would've been impossible for him to be in MI when Venus was abducted. Just a thought. MOO
    Yeah, that's what I'm wondering: what times can Doug be positively placed in Virginia (hence my wildcat query about the possibility of him having flown back to Virgina from Battle Creek/K-zoo or even Ft Wayne).

If by that morning, the friends mean 11:30 am, hmm...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to thesaint For This Useful Post:

So they found blood in both vehicles?

Although with this couple, it's possible that there's blood in one or both of those vehicles from a previous fight:

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-...ttom-page.html

"Court records from when Doug filed for divorce in July of 2008 show that Schoolcraft Police responded to the Stewart home at least three times. In June of that year, they found Doug with a bloody nose. He says Venus had hit him in the face five times."
    That may well be spot on.

Remember, the mother said in one her interviews that the blood was Doug's. We were confused as to how she would know that when the lab results were not back, and blood isn't something you normally expect to find in a vehicle, let alone two. But given the domestic violence history of these two, it might not be that surprising to find his blood in the vehicles if he was injured in some of these altercations and fled the home in one of the vehicles.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Natal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Arresting for what is the question? He is a person of interest. He is not making himself available for interviews and he is not cooperating with LE. That is his right as a citizen. Until they have sufficient proof he committed a crime or even any proof he committed a crime, why would they pick him up?

What case like this have they arrested someone with nothing in hand but suspicion?
    My thoughts on this are quite simple. If he has nothing to hide - why not cooperate with LE? I mean, like her or not, she is the mother of his children and still his wife. What is he hiding that he doesn't want to answer any questions or cooperate with them in finding her? He should answer questions - take a polygraph, and anything else he could do to help prove he has nothing to hide! JMO............

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marinemom For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast