791 users online (138 members and 653 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010.05.13 ~ Werter speaks out ~ another plea?

"For the cooperation he has been giving over the Haleigh Cummings case, I would try to argue (his sentence) down...," Werter said. "We brought him to FDLE in Putnam County and that's how they ended up at the river -- through Tommy's help. Otherwise this case would still be in a quagmire. We have the dots, it's just connecting them."

<snipped> Much more at link
    http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...cles/100519677

Stay on topic here. No more warnings. None.

Back up your theories with some kind of evidence. This is not a theory thread.
    Last edited by Kimster; 05-13-2010 at 08:52 PM.

"We're not making any statements on who we are looking at," Greenwood said.

alrighty then

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana at Heart View Post

alrighty then
    BBM

Doesn't that just say it all, they have no hesitation in saying "Misty is the key", Tommy has placed himself there, they have said this is "not a stranger abduction". What did Sheriff Hardy say at the river P.C. something to the effect they were looking at several people wasn't it? Besides the obvious (M & T) sounds like Ron & Joe are candidates no?

Since Shoey says Ron is working with the prosecutors wouldn't this be the absolute perfect time for them to say once and for all "Ron is not a suspect"??? Says it all to me anyway, that the prosecutors aren't singing Ron's praises.
    Last edited by Dee10; 05-13-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Werter said he would consider a plea deal for Tommy Croslin from prosecutors.

Sounds to me like LE isn't making any offers....

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana at Heart View Post

alrighty then
    ITA with LE.

They should say nothing.....just like they are doing.

Keep the case close to their vest.

It keeps the integrity of the case.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Just an FYI but Tommy's Lawyer is also claiming that Haleigh died in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee10 View Post
    BBM

Doesn't that just say it all, they have no hesitation in saying "Misty is the key", Tommy has placed himself there, they have said this is "not a stranger abduction". What did Sheriff Hardy say at the river P.C. something to the effect they were looking at several people wasn't it? Besides the obvious (M & T) sounds like Ron & Joe are candidates no?

Since Shoey says Ron is working with the prosecutors wouldn't this be the absolute perfect time for them to say once and for all "Ron is not a suspect"??? Says it all to me anyway, that the prosecutors aren't singing Ron's praises.
    It says to me that LE and the DA are doing what they should do. At this time they should not come out and say anything. Not who is in or who is out. They know, and that is all that matters.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    Just an FYI but Tommy's Lawyer is also claiming that Haleigh died in the trailer.
    OMG! So when Jr said the bed was bouncing it must have been the perp attacking Haleigh. Did he smother her I wonder to keep her from screaming?

Oh precious child, may you rest in peace honey.

IMO

Video Tape of JW at his office (?) speaking on how ToC was forced at gunpoint to accompany JO to the river. JW implies JO; interview is not in its entirety; states ToC was not an accomplice. I heard him speak on First Coast News at 6 PM (I don't know how to post the video - sorry.)

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...01/85491009001
    Joe Phone Call Fingers Joe Overstreet
    Last edited by epiphany; 05-13-2010 at 11:17 PM.

does anyone have a link to a complete statement made today by Werter? I haven't seen one yet and the bits and pieces are confusing as to if they were made today or in the past TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post

...or they could want/demand evidence (which could be hard to produce) to back up his story, which could be his version # xxx. OHHH, I feel for LE trying to get justice for little Haleigh & the many hours they "lived this case" with the lie and crazy characters; I have no doubt they will see it through. I think as much as we want to see justice done, I can only imagine how they want a conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Video Tape of JW at his office (?) speaking on how ToC was forced at gunpoint to accompany JO to the river. JW names JO; states ToC was not an accomplice. I heard him speak on First Coast News at 6 PM (I don't know how to post the video - sorry.) It's to the right of this page.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/
    Actually, Werter never says Joe. He says Tommy "accompanied'em to the river". I wish we could see the entire, uninterrupted interview with Werter.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Video Tape of JW at his office (?) speaking on how ToC was forced at gunpoint to accompany JO to the river. JW names JO; states ToC was not an accomplice. I heard him speak on First Coast News at 6 PM (I don't know how to post the video - sorry.) It's to the right of this page.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/
    Uh...if ToC was being forced to walk to the dock by a gun toting Joe then Joe is holding a gun in one hand. Who is carrying Misty's body which is tied to very heavy cement blocks? It can't be Joe. It's super hinky that Tommy didn't mention that HE would have to be the person that carried Haleigh's body and tossed it into the river.
    Last edited by Pensfan; 05-13-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post

Kind of difficult to make an offer when tomorrow Tommy might well say he lied to LE again. It has happened before why should they take his word for it now. Tommy better be hoping and praying that whatever LE found at Shell Harbour can be directly connected to Haleigh, otherwise, his "story" is totally meaningless. No proof, no offer.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

It seems there is a video somewhere of Joe in Werter's office. I'm trying to get a correct link to it and am afraid it was removed by the First Coast News?

Keep your eyes open for it and we'll get it in this thread when we can.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast