GUILTY IL - Joshua Funches, 23, shot to death, University Park, 9 May 2010

DairyGirl

Reaction score
(May 13) -- An Illinois man was so protective of his lawn that he allegedly killed a neighbor whose dog urinated in front of his home.

According to police, 69-year-old Charles Clements -- whose manicured yard was reportedly named the best-looking lawn in the Chicago suburb of University Park -- shot and killed 23-year-old Joshua Funches after the victim's pet fox terrier relieved itself on Clements' property Sunday night.
http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...charles-clements-chicago-suburb-lawn/19476442

Apparently this guy has been released on a 3 million dollar bond.

This is unbelievable. How do you control where you dog decides to pee while on a walk, and why should you have to fear where your dog pees while on a walk. Because I have two dogs everydog that passes my house can smell them and stops and pees on my yard and I look out the window and giggle at how cute they are. I can't believe you can get killed for this now to!!

This reminds me of a case a while back. Don't know if it's on here. A man shot and killed a teenager for walking through his yard. Does anybody remember that? I mean, we are talking about grass here, right? Jeesh.

Unreal, but sadly not completely surprising. Several years ago, my neighbor was going to call 911 because my 16 year old daughter's five lb dog had crapped by his mailbox. The dog had never been in his yard before. I had run in the house to get some tissue and heard the cursing. It was unreal. This story made me realize we possibly got off lucky. Wow!

People can go ballistic over the smallest things. Another man was chased and killed while in a chokehold after shoplifting toothpaste and crayolas.

This reminds me of a case a while back. Don't know if it's on here. A man shot and killed a teenager for walking through his yard. Does anybody remember that? I mean, we are talking about grass here, right? Jeesh.

Yes, and the man almost got away with it as it was his property or something, right? I remember that.

O.K. we get people shot here for looking at you crooked and I am not exaggerating. Sitting on a car. Taking a parking spot. Getting hit with a snowball. Dissin someone's mother. Name it.

In no way am I defending this man. No way. However, in trying to make some sense of it.........what preceeded that probably had nothing to do with that particular dog. This is an older man. His lawn is his thing. He works hard on it. In his day probably as a young kid himself IF he had a dog he would have curbed it. Throw in some other elderly people stuff and he snapped.

Again, I am not defending him at all just surmising.

If you don't own a dog and day after day you have to walk out your front steps and avoid dog s*it no joke it makes you see red. Different than a dog tinkling, but slobs who can't even afford to raise their kids yet have three dogs and just let them go on others properties work a last nerve.

What to do? Pick it up and go smear it on their front door. I have to clean it up so you're cleaning it up.

Sorry, a sore spot for me. I grew up with German Shepherd's. On a leash. To the park. Pick it up and put it in the trash. Nope, lazy *advertiser censored*s people.

That is sad this poor guy got shot though. Sorry again for the rant.

Seems like this guy was compulsive over his lawn.............was anyone ever allowed to enjoy the lawn???

Yes, and the man almost got away with it as it was his property or something, right? I remember that.

O.K. we get people shot here for looking at you crooked and I am not exaggerating. Sitting on a car. Taking a parking spot. Getting hit with a snowball. Dissin someone's mother. Name it.

In no way am I defending this man. No way. However, in trying to make some sense of it.........what preceeded that probably had nothing to do with that particular dog. This is an older man. His lawn is his thing. He works hard on it. In his day probably as a young kid himself IF he had a dog he would have curbed it. Throw in some other elderly people stuff and he snapped.

Again, I am not defending him at all just surmising.

If you don't own a dog and day after day you have to walk out your front steps and avoid dog s*it no joke it makes you see red. Different than a dog tinkling, but slobs who can't even afford to raise their kids yet have three dogs and just let them go on others properties work a last nerve.

What to do? Pick it up and go smear it on their front door. I have to clean it up so you're cleaning it up.

Sorry, a sore spot for me. I grew up with German Shepherd's. On a leash. To the park. Pick it up and put it in the trash. Nope, lazy *advertiser censored*s people.

That is sad this poor guy got shot though. Sorry again for the rant.

I know exactly what you're saying. It isn't the dog, it's the lack of respect for other people and their property that's the issue here IMO. As more and more people, especially the younger generation, feel they have a right to do exactly what they please, where they please, I'm afraid we're going to see more of this. Wasn't someone shot the other day for sitting on someone's car? No respect.

This is so sad ....

I wonder who will take care of his lawn while he is sitting in prison ....

This is really, really sad.

By the way, he was released on 3mil bail?? Who the heck posted that?

This link tells a little more. The victim is the father of two and has a baby on the way. That's a sin. It is a senseless murder.

Joshua Funches was waiting for his dog I guess while it peed on Mr. Clements lawn. Words were exchanged. Witnesses said Clements then pulled out a gun and Funches said "Next time you pull out a gun you better shoot it". Something in that line.

Ummmmmmmm, not good.

This man is a former Marine. How he got that bail who knows. He's due in court June 1st.

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...n-accused-of-killing-over-peeing-dog/19475048

I kinda hope we find out this old man has Alzheimer's. :sheesh:

The man had a note in front of his house not to walk on his lawn but to walk on his driveway so I guess he was obsessive or possessive of his lawn -- tragic results.

Now the victims poor kids are left without their Dad, what a sad & senseless waste. I know a couple of ex-marines and they seem to think they are real macho and seem to possess a real attitude.

Now the victims poor kids are left without their Dad, what a sad & senseless waste. I know a couple of ex-marines and they seem to think they are real macho and seem to possess a real attitude.
I know many ex-and current Marines, and their only attitudes are admirable to me. There are bad seeds in any group, of course, but the vast majority of Marines, like LE and physicians; most are heroes who make great sacrifices for us, imo.

This man, at 69 years old, likely fought in Viet Nam and/or Korea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12
Back