743 users online (101 members and 642 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2010.05.14 Some "NEW" Photos on CBS Website

The CBS/48 hours website has very recently added this photo gallery. Some photos are ones that we have seen over and over, but there seems to be many that I have never seen before, particularly Caylee's newborn photos.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10003416.html

I surmise that these may be some of the photos that paid for/are paying for KC's defense (even though this is CBS, not ABC).
    A somewhat curious thing...I went through all these photos and did not see any of CA?? Instead there is a photo of SP (CA's mother) that to the uninitiated may seem like "the Grandmother". hmmmm. What is up this this, one wonders. Innocent mistake or more calculated? (yes, I guess if I profited from photos that made me feel guilty I might not want to be included in the "gallery" either).

I also had to wonder how SP feels having her photo with Caylee on the internet/CBS. She probably doesn't even know--since she is computer challenged (aside from email).

Side question for the legal types--IF SP didn't want her photo on CBS' website, would she be able to challenge it...(even though it originated from CA).... Does Shirley own her own image?
    Last edited by JBean; 05-14-2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: re moved big picture

Whoever took the picture owns it. But there are different privacy laws in different states; in some states the subject of a photo might be able to prevent it from being published, but I've never looked into this question.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

Didn't Cindy say in her deposition with the state that she received $20,000 from CBS 48 Hours for doing that show? (I'll try to look for it)

No telling what she did with the money, we know she didn't pay her mortgage with it. I know she said part of it went to Brad Conway.

All I know is a lot of these are indeed new photos. So was it the A's who were paid this time? I wonder if a deal was done when they were filming for 48hrs.

This bothers me to no end. I wish I had an answer for your other question (RE: SP)

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    Didn't Cindy say in her deposition with the state that she received $20,000 from CBS 48 Hours for doing that show? (I'll try to look for it)

No telling what she did with the money, we know she didn't pay her mortgage with it. I know she said part of it went to Brad Conway.
    Yes she did (receive 20g, not pay her house lol). Was that for footage/photos used solely for 48hrs? or were these photos part of the package deal also?

Affinity, thank you so much for posting this photo gallery. Some we have seen over and over, but many of them - the majority - I haven't seen before.

What I particularly noticed is as Caylee got older - she got more stressed looking with the marks we've seen before around her eyes.

I've never seen a lot of those before. They're great pictures of Caylee. Just breaks my heart looking at them, #5 especially got to me. It's a picture of her as an infant with her face asleep on her Winnie-the-Pooh blankie.
    Last edited by Dear Prudence; 05-14-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: trying to add pic; hope it works; didn't work oh well

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post

That's what Cindy said.....but, is it true? That 48 Hours show was an hour long, lots of old and new footage of the Anthony clan and imo they were paid a lot more than they are saying.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

Thanks for the pictures.

#9 got to me. What an angel.

The also have a gallery of Casey photos. Most we've seen but some were new to me.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_1...=page;previous

So are y'all thinking the $20K was for the video during the show, and now they've been paid more money for these pictures?

Caylee was a beautiful child so full of life and happiness.
    I really hope the jury gets to see what a doll she was and
    what her egg donor did.
    KC was so jealous of Caylee.
    Caylee was everything KC was NOT!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

#55 got me thinking...if someone has a Mr. Potato Head at home and can measure the mouth, we can figure out how far around the duct tape would have gone.

And the baby photos are heartbreaking.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

My favorite is #32, the wide-eyed look of innocence. The jury should definitely see these!
    Last edited by LinasK; 05-14-2010 at 02:07 PM.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

While looking at these pictures, my heart broke once more for sweet little Caylee.

Last edited by scout35; 05-14-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Found where Cindy talks about the money from CBS for the 48 Hours show:
    http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310288/detail.html starting on p. 480. She is asked "did you get money for selling any pictures of Caylee?" Cindy says $10000 from CBS 48 Hours. Here's her quote: "I'm not getting that much. 3000 goes to Brad and then I have to pay taxes on it. So roughly $5000 for some pictures and videos."

It's not until a little later when she is asked if there is any other money from the media or any other contracts for future money that she replies: "Yeah. I believe there is another $10,000 at some point to come. I believe that contract is also through CBS. And it's just the second portion of the $20,000 that was negotiated, that Brad negotiated with them."
    Last edited by Dear Prudence; 05-14-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast