1159 users online (206 members and 953 guests)  

Websleuths News

Shuttle Launch: Atlantis

Hello WS

I am watching the shuttle launch of Atlantis live at this link. Tminus nine minute hold.

http://www.wesh.com/video/23551836/index.html
    John 14:6

I think I am alone in my excitement of this launch. This is supposed to be Atlantis last flight.

ETA: They're off! Yay! Everything is going as planned. Bless the astronauts! BTW: I did see UFO's flying around the space shuttle. I'm not saying they are alien transportation. I'm just saying there were things flying around the shuttle that I am unable to identify. I saw two helicopters, I saw a couple of birds fly by but I also saw at least five silver objects fly around the shuttle.

Anyone else watch the launch? TIA.

Last edited by Chiquita71; 05-14-2010 at 02:30 PM.
    John 14:6

You're not alone Chiquita71. I was listening to the news while getting ready for work this a.m. It was sad to think it would be the last flight.

Wish I had found your post and link earlier so I could have watched it.

Last edited by KateB; 06-09-2015 at 05:38 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Thank you PattyG!! What a beautiful day for a spectacular launch! Godspeed Atlantis!!

I grew up in Cocoa Beach and had the privilege of working on Columbia...many fond memories. I am so proud of our space program and our astronauts -- not sure what the future of our manned spaceflight program will look like. I hope to make it home for the final launch, which right now is looking like Endeavour (my sister works on Endeavour!!).

Patty, you rock!

Quote Originally Posted by GolferChick View Post
    Thank you PattyG!! What a beautiful day for a spectacular launch! Godspeed Atlantis!!

I grew up in Cocoa Beach and had the privilege of working on Columbia...many fond memories. I am so proud of our space program and our astronauts -- not sure what the future of our manned spaceflight program will look like. I hope to make it home for the final launch, which right now is looking like Endeavour (my sister works on Endeavour!!).
    There is nothing like being there, right. I saw quite a few launches myself, when I was in Orlando. I could see them from my back yard. I filmed quite a few. I have the maiden voyage of the Endeavour somewhere in my video files. We use to stand across the launching pad and to feel the Earth shake and see that giant flame is a memory I'll never forget.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    Living in/on north Merritt Island, Florida, home of Cape Canaveral. and the Atlantis launch was one of the most beautiful I have seen. Perfect day, weatherwise, just amazing to watch.