Shuttle Launch: Atlantis

I think I am alone in my excitement of this launch. This is supposed to be Atlantis last flight.

ETA: They're off! Yay! Everything is going as planned. Bless the astronauts! BTW: I did see UFO's flying around the space shuttle. I'm not saying they are alien transportation. I'm just saying there were things flying around the shuttle that I am unable to identify. I saw two helicopters, I saw a couple of birds fly by but I also saw at least five silver objects fly around the shuttle.

Anyone else watch the launch? TIA.

:twocents:

You're not alone Chiquita71. I was listening to the news while getting ready for work this a.m. It was sad to think it would be the last flight.

Wish I had found your post and link earlier so I could have watched it.

Thank you PattyG!! What a beautiful day for a spectacular launch! Godspeed Atlantis!!

I grew up in Cocoa Beach and had the privilege of working on Columbia...many fond memories. I am so proud of our space program and our astronauts -- not sure what the future of our manned spaceflight program will look like. I hope to make it home for the final launch, which right now is looking like Endeavour (my sister works on Endeavour!!).

Thank you PattyG!! What a beautiful day for a spectacular launch! Godspeed Atlantis!!

I grew up in Cocoa Beach and had the privilege of working on Columbia...many fond memories. I am so proud of our space program and our astronauts -- not sure what the future of our manned spaceflight program will look like. I hope to make it home for the final launch, which right now is looking like Endeavour (my sister works on Endeavour!!).

There is nothing like being there, right. I saw quite a few launches myself, when I was in Orlando. I could see them from my back yard. I filmed quite a few. I have the maiden voyage of the Endeavour somewhere in my video files. We use to stand across the launching pad and to feel the Earth shake and see that giant flame is a memory I'll never forget.

Living in/on north Merritt Island, Florida, home of Cape Canaveral. and the Atlantis launch was one of the most beautiful I have seen. Perfect day, weatherwise, just amazing to watch.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back